Synthace Site Reliability Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Synthace

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Synthace

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synthace.

Interview

45 minute interview / screening call identifying fit for role with a mixture of technical and soft skill questions. Great impression of the company and highly focused on collaborative working. They also say they are flexible with the scope of roles.

3 hour test using the codility platform if also being considered for software engineer.

1 hour interview with one member of the software team who asks technical questions followed by a live coding exercise to canonicalize an IPv6 address.

While the first stage interviewer was friendly and open to discussion the second stage interviewer came across incredibly dismissive projecting the complete opposite of the culture mentioned in the screening call. They seem to forget that an interview works both ways i.e. candidates are also interviewing their future colleagues. The second stage interviewer seemed to have a list of tools they wanted to hear mentioned when it came to the question of debugging a network error but did not give any specific problem.

Overall the second stage interview is more a test of memory rather than of how you approach solving problems. In contrast to what was mentioned in the initial call, the company demonstrated zero flexibility as was told my skills are between an SRE and a software engineer and they wanted to recruit for the specific roles.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred working environment?   Answer Question
  • What is the time complexity of accessing a Map and a LinkedList?   Answer Question
  • Tell me how a client/server application communicates over TCP/IP?   Answer Question
  • What tools would you use to debug a networking error?   Answer Question

Synthace Response

Mar 27, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We're sorry you weren't successful on this occasion.
We value your feedback and we'll take your comments into consideration as we're constantly reviewing our processes to provide the best possible... More