Synygy Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

3.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Managed Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synygy (Chester, PA).

Interview

Interviews all took place in one day but took a very long time (2.5 hours) and was conducted by three separate employees, done individually.

Interviewers were cordial and want to see how you problem solve.

Interview Questions

• "Google interview questions". E.g how long would it take you to mow this area is you mowed at this rate but you had to take a break every x minutes   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have their offer and do not negotiate much.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synygy (Chester, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty extensive and started with the usual phone screen. I was given 2 tests from there one was general knowledge and was very SAT like and the second was tougher and focused on data analysis, be careful both are timed. I was called back and they set up the in person interview at their Chester, Pa location ( Nice building, CEO is an architecture enthusiast ) I was also given a one more writing test to bring with me or submit prior to to the interview.

The actual interview featured a mix of standard questions and several brain teasers. While I don't know if they have a common pool or just pull them from a random website, the brain teasers seem pretty important to the process despite their general irrelevancy to how you will preform on the job.

My advice would be get familiar with some of the common brain teasers that might be mentioned in these reviews, you want to be able to walk through the process of doing them without getting too many if any hints from interviewers.

Interview Questions

• If you have 9 balls and one weighs slightly less than the others, with a balance scale what's the minimal amount of measurements it would take to find the lighter ball?   2 Answers
    • If you have 3 vending machines, 1 dispenses oranges, 1 dispenses apples, and 1 can dispense either apples or oranges but they are all labeled incorrectly, what's the minimal amount of coins to tell which is which   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synygy (Chester, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

I got HR screen, skill test and phone interview before coming on-site for a final round. Final round consists of three rounds, first with HR manager, second and third with one-to-one director. Overall it was a very pleasant and casual process, mostly resume-based behavior questions. And the last two also have two puzzle, but not very difficult. You are also welcome to ask question, being interactive and getting hints from them. As long as your logic is clear, the answer is straightforward. But do say loud on your thoughts, to show your logic and analysis.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Synygy (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

First I was contacted by a independent recruiter Headhunter. first interview on the phone, then interview with VP development, then interview with President. The final step was salary & benefit negotiation with the owners.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synygy (Chester, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Had 3 level of interviews. First, written aptitude test. second, face to face (HR, quizes, interview with the hiring manager). Third, writing sample. The hiring process was difficult specifically the online test and the quiz test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, they offered and asked to accept or reject.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synygy (Chester, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied in October, 2010 via On Campus Recruiting through my university; was contacted for a very brief phone interview in early November. I then took an aptitude test online followed by an online skills test; in my opinion, the first test was relatively simple, but the second test was more difficult.

I was then contacted to set up an on-site interview day, which consisted of three interviews. First was a behavioral interview with the HR Director; this was relatively standard. Next was a series of two interviews -- one was one-on-one and the other involved two interviewers and myself -- which began as behavioral interviews and concluded with a series of puzzles. All of the puzzles were relatively standard interview puzzles, but in the interest of honesty I did not prepare extensively for them. Out of four total puzzles, I was able to answer one confidently and immediately, but in order to answer the others I did need at least one subtle hint from the interviewer.

Overall the interview process was very smooth and fair, though certainly difficult. As for advice, I would certainly be sure that you know your résumé extensively. Be prepared to speak about your prior accomplishments in a concrete fashion, and definitely recognize how you could fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• How will your academic background help you as an Associate Business Analyst?   Answer Question