Sypris Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sypris Electronics (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Monotonous and inconsistent to sum it up it two words. I interviewed with two people and I got the sense that as long as I didn't pick my nose and eat it or display and gratuitous flatulence i was going to get the job and I was right. I got an offer over the phone on the way home from the interview. That right there really should have been a big red flag especially since I applied for a job that had been posted on their website for over 2 months.

Interview Questions

• A lot of employee conflict and resolution questions.   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sypris Electronics (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Cold Call and then face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with military branches such as the NSA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. What they offered me in salary I accepted.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sypris Electronics (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Long and repetitious. One of the people I interviewed with focused on my experience in Power Point, which they insisted had to be advanced, and yet it is a very small part of my daily responsibilities. I also felt that one interviewer looked mostly at personality and not job related experience.

Interview Questions

• How I handled conflict with former employees/employer/co-worker   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made me an offer, I asked for more, and we met in the middle of the two

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sypris Electronics (Tampa, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with Sypris Electronics. I had a first interview with the lead IT guy in Tampa. He called me a day before he was supposed to. I was able to take his call but thought it was pretty lame that he didn't keep the schedule. He said he wanted me to come on board but he wanted to have me speak with the CIO in Kentucky. On my scheduled interview, I never got a call. I notified the recruiter I was working with and they set it up again for me (didn't give me any excuse). I had the interview with him, and he said he liked me and wanted me to come on board. I got another email from the recruiter saying he wanted a third interview with someone else! I declined to do the last interview. I took the previous two times they messed up the schedule as warning flags!!! Not a very high tech company and management seems clueless.

Interview Questions

• None. I answered all their questions. They were all easy.   Answer Question

Sr. Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sypris Electronics (Tampa, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with HR and other managers. One on one interview. Phone screen was short and sweet. Great people met. Tour of offices and factory. Not much else to say here so i'll keep typing to get to thirty words thirty words thirty words.

Senior Information Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sypris Electronics (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

First interview by phone for basic screening purposes with the manager hiring new direct reports. Second interview in person with manager and team leaders. Interview process was very fluid and non-structured. Trivial technical questions were not the focus. Final interview with HR was a typical one -- the uncomfortable situation of watching your recruiter try to assess the minimum salary you might accept.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected of difficult parts during the interview.   Answer Question

Principal Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sypris Electronics (Tampa, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. I did a phone interview and a couple of weeks later i met the hiring manager when he was in my area on business. I had an onsite interview two weeks later and they made me an offer. It took a long time to get moving. I was hired at the end of October but they didn't want to start me until after the first of January

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult but I did feel a little pressure in agreeing to take the job before I got a formal offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

"Here's our offer"…I'd like a bit more in salary…"No, but we can give you a small hiring bonus"…I need the job so OK, I'm in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sypris Electronics (Tampa, FL) in March 2008.

Interview

After the phone interview, they bring you in for a panel interview. The panel has a list of about 30 questions. A very good list, I was impressed. It was also tiring as they where of the nature: give an example where 'you went above and beyond the call of duty'. or when you dealt with a difficult co worker. It was very professional run down of your skills. On the negative they were on a tight time frame so they were not very open to your questions. Personnally I like to have a chat with my future boss, one on one, and also a co worker to get a good feel of the location.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The job I was leaving I had 3 weeks of vacation and wanted the same at the new location. They had set a deadline for me to accept or reject the offer. They did not respond to my 3 weeks. So when the dead line arrived, I sent a rejection letter. Then they responded. The management whom I dealt with was let go within the next year.