Sypris Electronics Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sypris Electronics (Tampa, FL) in March 2008.

Interview

After the phone interview, they bring you in for a panel interview. The panel has a list of about 30 questions. A very good list, I was impressed. It was also tiring as they where of the nature: give an example where 'you went above and beyond the call of duty'. or when you dealt with a difficult co worker. It was very professional run down of your skills. On the negative they were on a tight time frame so they were not very open to your questions. Personnally I like to have a chat with my future boss, one on one, and also a co worker to get a good feel of the location.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a failure you had and how you handled it.   Answer Question
  • How do you motivate other engineers on a project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job I was leaving I had 3 weeks of vacation and wanted the same at the new location. They had set a deadline for me to accept or reject the offer. They did not respond to my 3 weeks. So when the dead line arrived, I sent a rejection letter. Then they responded. The management whom I dealt with was let go within the next year.