Syracuse University Interview Questions in Syracuse, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.4

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about two weeks. I had two interviews, one via skype and the second in person. The interview Process overall was very laid back. I interviewed with three people and the whole process lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position   1 Answer

Donor Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to do a Skype interview. It took about twenty minutes. The rep from HR pretty much just went over my resume. She asked me to tell her about each job I held. She had a hard time explaining what the job was that I was applying for. I thought the interview went well, but after two weeks I never heard back. I reached out to my interviewer and was told that they hired someone with more experience, which isn't much of a stretch since I had zero donor relations experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about every job that was on my resume.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

The process was very relaxed. The prinipal investigator was really nice. She gave my one of her papers to read, which was on the topic I started working on. It was a lot less scary than I thought it would've been. I encourage all undergrads to do research. The overral experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a lab   1 Answer

Business Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview involved being interviewed in a small room, seated at a small conference table (seats 6). I was at the table with 5 people who each were interviewing me. It was very nerve racking and intimidating, especially for an initial interview. I've never experienced being interviewed by so many people nor on the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been responsible for preparing a budget?   1 Answer

Assistant to the Chair Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked to come in for a face to face interview with a committee comprised of the Chair, a PhD student and the former employee in the position. Lasted one hour. Very average questions were asked. Conversation was easy. They called my reference that day, offered me the position the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job. What can you contribute to the position. How well do you get along with others. What was one thing you did that you didn't get credit for. Tell me about a time that you had an issue with faculty, how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Student Supervisor Interview

Application

Interview

Interviewed by assistant managers, who were also students. Very friendly and enjoyable process. Interview probably took about 5-10 minutes. Longer you have worked there = more chances of getting the job. Keep close relationships with the assistant managers (you'd want to anyways)

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this situation __________________?
      Do you have a problem giving orders to people who may be older than you?
      Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applicated this position through school website. About one month later, they asked me to have a face-to-face interview. This process is very quick. After 10 minutes of my interview, I was noticed that I got hired.

Student Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

For the Dome, it wasn't too bad. They ask you a few questions, i.e. what would you do in this situation, etc. General employees don't need to go through an interview process, just the ones applying for supervisor.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was quite interesting. Questions asked were very basic... They were easy and straightforward. I was comfortable. The interviewer was very friendly and that very had me relax overall.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Talked to the professor about your learning experience. Then the professor asked few questions relating his class. I waited few days until he finished interviewing all the candidates and reported to the department about his decision

Interview Questions

• have you had an experience as Teaching Assistant   1 Answer