Sysco Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sysco Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.7

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

Usual. Apply online, phone interview, in person interview. Some fact check, license med card ect. Had me go to the office and it was casual. Interview guy was quick, Direct and laid back. Had me hop in a truck, do a quick pre trip and hit the road to make sure i could actually drive.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sysco

Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (College Park, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was very easy and straight forward. Makes job seem better than it is in reality. After interview you will take a drug test at the facility and then wait to take road test rather it be that day or at a later date.

Anonymous Employee in Alma, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Alma, AR) in August 2015.

Interview

It took 2 months after I submitted my app to call me..
    They interview was very professional and was done by 4 people at one time, each asking specific questions about my background, strengths, weaknesses, and then answered every question I had in a straight forward manor..
    They are prideful of the company because they know its a good career to have.. They only want the best delivering since you are representing the company out there.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences of mine lead me to believe I will be an asset to them and why?
      Name a time I was challenged on the job and how did I handle the challenge..
      Describe an experience where I handled a situation dealing with an upset Individual at work, the outcome, and why I handled it that way..
      Then asked to sell myself to them on why I would benefit the company if given employment and how do I see the company Benefiting me after the information they explained..
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sysco (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Brief, asked mostly about my past experience and the hiring manager was a jerk (like he had better things to do) The management was very full of themselves and told all the great things about the company and not the negative. Just avoid this company unless you like to work the entire day without breaks and never see your family at home

Interview Questions

• When have i gone above and beyond to satisfy a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sysco (Columbia, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview with talent acquisition went extremely well lasted 45mins. By mid week talent acquisition called and scheduled an on site interview. Interview process was straightforward and went extremely well it lasted about 2hrs.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most rewarding things about your current job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Sysco?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Probably the easiest of my career.

Anonymous Employee in Ocoee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Ocoee, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

You will first get a phone call after you've applied from corporate out of Texas. They will do a phone interview with you to see if you qualify. If you do happen to qualify, they will set up a face to face interview at the local warehouse. From there, they will then call you if you pass through that about a week later and set up a driving test to see if you can drive. If so, they will then send you for a drug test and a physical. It's a long process and can be a pain, but it's a really good company.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer Sysco?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sysco in February 2010.

Interview

I was called by human resources and asked general questions , then asked to come in for a three part interview all in one day. I went and was met at the door by the human resources person that did the phone interview earlier. She said after the other two interviews I would then meet with her lastly. The head of the driving dept. came out and gave me a weird look and said come on back. He proceeded to give me a personality profile which took about thirty minutes. Then when it was over he said " do you even know what we do here?" I said absolutely or I would not have been asked to come in for an interview. He then said ok thats it and I wish you good luck and showed me out the door, never letting me speak to anyone else. By far the strangest job interview ever!