Sysco Direct Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sysco (New Orleans, LA) in October 2010.

Interview

When I first arrived I was asked to fill out an application (which seemed to be for an hourly/non-professional position) even though I was applying for an outside sales position. Then I interviewed with two different people. I was there a total of about three hours The interview was striclty behavioral and I was asked questions that were read directly from a list. They were all situational based questions which were to be answered in the STAR format. The interviews went ok, but at the end of one of the interviews I was allowed to ask questions. I asked if he could tell me some of the more difficult aspects of the position. The interviewer basically went on a rant about all the bad things about the position and the company. He basically told me there was no training process for new hires and that you were soley responsible for your own development and that other sales reps did not like new hires riding around with them. After about 10 mintues of giving all the cons he finally stopped himself. I was totally turned off at this point. Then he went on to tell me that as a new hire you do not get any vacation for one whole year and then after a year you only get one week of vacation for the next two years. After hearing this I had already decided I did not want the job. But it has been about 6 weeks and I have still not heard back (so I am assuming I did not get the job!). Anyhow, even if I wasn't the right fit for the position, I still think it is extremely rude and unprofessional not to at least call, email or send a letter stating that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you did not get along with a supervisor and how did you handle it?   1 Answer