Sysco Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It starts with initial HR phone screening when you apply online or an employee refers you. The face to face interview process has 2 parts and is very cumbersome. You interview with 4-5 different people and lasts for about 2 hours

Interview Questions

• 1. They will give you a business case and ask you to analyze and present your findings to a panel
      2. They ask a lot of STAR format questions for which you need to provide a scenario and action you took to get the specified results. (just google star format questions)
      1 Answer

SMS Cstin Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people in a conference room at the same time. All questions are meant to be answered using the STAR method (situation, task, action, results). Describe the situation, describe the challenge and expectations, elaborate your specific action (what did you do and how?), Explain the results accomplished.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in the past where you had to show leadership?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

STAR Format Behavioral Questions - Make sure to provide specifics on the Situation, Task needed to get it done, Actions taken, and Results received. Be prepared to provide multiple examples if interviewing with multiple individuals for the same position.

Interview Questions

• “Tell me about a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem.”   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was arranged at the exact time that I requested. The guy who interviewed me was friendly and he made me feel really comfortable. He asked me questions pertaining to my questions. HE asked scenario questions as well. At the closing of the interview he advised that my information would be passed to the hiring manager. No offer was made via phone screening.

Interview Questions

• How my previous skills would benefit me at this position   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an auto-generated email from the Talent Acquisition team missing contact information and hyperlinks requesting me to respond for a good time to have a phone screen. I found the recruiter contact on LinkedIn on her personal page and responded as to when I was available during the 3-5 day window they provided. 24 hours passed with no response. 48 hours after my response to a request for dates and times, I was told she was booked until 2 days after the original window. I responded that I would make myself available on that date. Again, no response. I emailed her the day before the date we were to speak to confirm times, only to be informed that she had been pulled into meetings and would not be available for another 3 days. As a seasoned professional, I am appalled at the lack of organization and follow up by so called "Talent Acquisition" teams. I know a "stalling tactic" when I see it. Seems like the REALLY need a TRAINER in Talent Acquisitions.

Interview Questions

• Can we schedule a phone screen?   1 Answer

Sustainability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Well really I just talked to the VP of QA, Mike Mignogna. He was really kind, kind of asked me "how did you end up here" (I'm a Marine Scientist), and we talked about possible work with seafood, quality assurance, sustainability, etc. It wasn't an interview for a specific position but I did tell him that I looked into the Sustainability Analyst position and he encouraged me to apply.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen and then scenario based questions, with HR several different upper mgmt folks. Took 4.5 hours but it flew by, as I knew what to expect. Got a response within five business days.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest success and greatest failure   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX).

Interview

I met with three leaders plus the HR representative. The questions focused on working with data. The position required someone who thrives in a fast pace environment. It was very thorough

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

STARR. I had 3 phone interviews and was flown to Houston for a final interview. My last interview was with 6 people for 45mins- 1 hour each. Overall it went extremely well with great dialogue. I left feeling optimistic, however I did not receive a call nor did they respond to follow-up emails. I was discouraged by the lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how previous experiences have prepared you for this role.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Talent Acquisition Team contacted and setup an phone interview for initial screening. It was a typical behavioral interview Then second interview was conducted by the Director which I expected to be technical but again it ended up a behavioral questionnaire. But they guy was really a great chap. I enjoyed talking to him.
    Lastly, I was called in for an in-person interview which was really a formality. I got a call from acquisition team soon after.