Sysco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sysco Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.9

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Received the phone call to arrange a interview, attend interview HR and Procurement manager around 30 mins, wait another week, received HR call to ask few more question, such as if you have handle with "recall" product, another week received HR mail said they have choose somebody else.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

They have a telephone HR interview followed by in person interview. Then an assignment is given. After 2-3 weeks the results are told and they are not flexible with joining dates. Expect you to join the same date that they give. They ask your pay range and give you the minimum that you quote in that range.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

3 step interview process, phone interview, then move onto interview with local DSM, then off to OPCO to interview with other DSMs and VP. Offered the job by the time I got to the VP. Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever persuaded someone? If so how did you do it?   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sysco (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Standard phone interview with HR then once you get past that, you'd be scheduled for a one day, intense series of interviews with 3 trained interviewers in the company. i interviewed with the director of merchandising, president and my immediate supervisor - all lasting approx. 1 hour. no long wait, you'd find out within 3 days if you got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• President asked me what my core values are   1 Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

lengthy and tedious. Too many people interviewing for just one position. At the time you finish interviewing you are already tired. Keep up and continue until the end.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals in the next five years   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

Usual. Apply online, phone interview, in person interview. Some fact check, license med card ect. Had me go to the office and it was casual. Interview guy was quick, Direct and laid back. Had me hop in a truck, do a quick pre trip and hit the road to make sure i could actually drive.

Business Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sysco (Riverside, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

We went over my background in a Phone interview for 30 min with someone from corporate in Texas, My second interview was at the operating company with HR. It was a 2:1 ratio

Interview Questions

• What was the best relationship you have had with a supervisor and why was it good.   1 Answer

Culinary Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

Three interviews: first interview was a panel, second with HR, third 1:1 and finally a tasting required.
    At the tasting you were given a mystery basket of ingredients: 4 proteins, baby vegetables, rice, etc. and had 1 hour to prepare whatever you like, 5 minutes to plate your food & 5 minutes to talk about your dishes.

Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a brief 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter from corporate HR. She asked questions including "what are your greatest strengths and weaknesses," "describe your ideal job," and "tell me about your greatest achievement." About a week later I had a series of three hour long interviews with three different sales managers. There were thirteen candidates being interviewed by ten different managers. Each manager I interviewed with was asking questions directly from a corporate interview guide. They asked the questions and took notes. There was little variation from script aside from the exchange of war stories. Questions included "tell me one thing you did that was over and above," "name a time when you had to persuade someone to do something," and "describe a time when you made a mistake in a sales call and what did you do to overcome your mistake."

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to persuade someone to do something   Answer Question

Pricing and Agreements Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sysco (New York, NY).

Interview

They make you first do a phone interview and if you pass that then you have to interview with four other people. Ask you all kinds of crazy questions. They weren't prepared didn't have your paperwork together to interview me

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time and what you did when a coworker was caught doing the wrong thing?   Answer Question