Sysco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sysco Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.9

Finance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sysco in October 2016.

Interview

The process is very disconnected. They use the corporate office for scheduling. There is a phone interview then you are passed to local interview. The local interview and discussion of next steps are very disconnected from corporate or market managers. They give you a card and say to call with questions and answer initially and give positive updates and then corporate comes with some generic no thank you. Throughout process was encouraged as a great fit and next steps were market interview and discussed potential of larger roles in bigger markets and then corporate sends letter same day saying moving a different direction. When speaking to local hiring manager again... they are clueless as to why that email was received and says recruiter will call and clear things up. Recruiter doesn't call just sends canned response. Very poor communication and treatment of potential employees and string you along and corporate interference makes local appear to have no control and no decision power. Would have just appreciated honesty and a large company to better connected.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about background and expertise and what you can offer to their initiatives   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

STAR Format Behavioral Questions - Make sure to provide specifics on the Situation, Task needed to get it done, Actions taken, and Results received. Be prepared to provide multiple examples if interviewing with multiple individuals for the same position.

Interview Questions

• “Tell me about a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem.”   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Interview

The most disorganized place. They first sent me an email to set up a phone interview in 3 to 5 days i accepted the invite. Day three they sent me a invite not for the phone interview no but for a job fair. I went in and it was 4 people there who i guess had a set time to be there thinking it was a job fair i signed in they said oh if nobody can see you come back with a set day and time. Excuse me i thought i was set for an interview. They then seen people who one knew someone inside because these three men came in after me and was referred to the job and told everyone else to go home. Why tell someone they have an interview then say come to a job fair to then say no set up an interview. Most disorganized and rude place

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Phila, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

its was short and brief. The process took up to 3 weeks to 4 weeks to receive an over the phone interview. There an be a better way to get updates on your resume

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was arranged at the exact time that I requested. The guy who interviewed me was friendly and he made me feel really comfortable. He asked me questions pertaining to my questions. HE asked scenario questions as well. At the closing of the interview he advised that my information would be passed to the hiring manager. No offer was made via phone screening.

Interview Questions

• How my previous skills would benefit me at this position   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an auto-generated email from the Talent Acquisition team missing contact information and hyperlinks requesting me to respond for a good time to have a phone screen. I found the recruiter contact on LinkedIn on her personal page and responded as to when I was available during the 3-5 day window they provided. 24 hours passed with no response. 48 hours after my response to a request for dates and times, I was told she was booked until 2 days after the original window. I responded that I would make myself available on that date. Again, no response. I emailed her the day before the date we were to speak to confirm times, only to be informed that she had been pulled into meetings and would not be available for another 3 days. As a seasoned professional, I am appalled at the lack of organization and follow up by so called "Talent Acquisition" teams. I know a "stalling tactic" when I see it. Seems like the REALLY need a TRAINER in Talent Acquisitions.

Interview Questions

• Can we schedule a phone screen?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco in August 2016.

Interview

This was just a phone interview. Woman asked very basic qualifying questions about the position I had applied for. She was very pleasant and answered all my questions about the position.

Forklift Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Followed up on application. Had brief phone interview. Getting to know me. Learn about company, roles goals and morals. Scheduled face to face interview with VP of OPS. Amazing people! Great atmosphere, honest, and very down to earth yet professional. 30-45 min interview. Then warehouse tour followed by Q&A.

Interview Questions

• 5 words to describe yourself. A time you were in a tough situation at work and had to make it work. what did you do and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need....

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

First, phone interview after receiving an e mail notification and the, e mail again to set up face to face interview. Phone interview will have similar questions to face to face but it will go more in depth. Verifying information that was on application and few other general questions regarding position.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing and experience that will help for this position?   Answer Question

General Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Phone interview
    In person interview
    Walkthrough warehouse
    Really felt positive about this job process and they made me feel as if I got the job but never got a call back or even an email