Sysco Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sysco Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (New York, NY).

Interview

Very laid back, nice people, easy questions, your standard 25 google search interview question. Got a phone call, a few emails, met in person, went to the headquarters, met with a few more people then went to training.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sysco

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Columbia, SC).

Interview

5 interviews - 1 phone interview and 4 in person interviews with members of management. The process drug on for a lengthy time period. 6 months from the time I applied on line until my actual start date and 6 weeks from start of actual interview process. Be prepared for this to take a period of time unless you know someone.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Austin, TX).

Interview

interviewed with 3 of the area managers one at a time. it was fairly easy and friendly.
    first you apply online, then a phone interview, and then you go in to meet the managers.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Canton, MI).

Interview

series of three interviews. First interview was with human resources. Second interview was with the district sales manager. Third and last interview was with the head of human resources.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

It's a 50/50 split of questions about sales and customer service. Questions are behavioral, and look for you to cite specific examples. If you have a really great customer service example, definitely need to use it. "Self-motivated," is the key as most people who don't work out for the company decide to not be "self-motivated."

Interview Questions

• How do you define success?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate, if you have experience especially if you have customers in mind willing to transition over from the competition.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief, easy. make sure you have a good attitude and dress nicely. At the end of the day you are applying for sales, this is the sale you need to close. Also, sales experience is not required so just be outgoing and make sure you like to talk to people because you will have to do it everyday.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Jackson, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks, receive a phone call in a week after applied for the job which is the phone screen, after 2-3 days receive a phone screen by district manager, then in about a week the recruiter will call to schedule an onsite interview, got the offer in 3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was set by the company, not really negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sysco (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process involved applying online, interviewing with HR, and then, finally interviewing with the director of street sales. The only thing that was really all that painful about the interviewing process, was that the company kept telling me that my interview went well and to keep checking back -- umm..., what?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sysco (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

hr interview will ask you the basic information. Interview with the DSM and interview with regional Sales manager... they just want to see Sales spark in you and how passionate and pleasing you are in person...

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by about 5 different people, across 2 meetings. Started with an initial phone call. I was first interviewed by my actual boss and then a few of the other DM. Finally by the VP of sales. All fantastic people.

Interview Questions

• Cant remember specifics but they want to A) see if you can handle sales B) Want to see how personable you are. Common sales related question   Answer Question