Sysco Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.9

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sysco (Norman, OK).

Interview

Pre qualify, phone interview, face to face with 4 supervisors, then 8 weeks of training. If you fail at the training you are not hired. Very in depth process

Other Interview Reviews for Sysco

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

3 step interview process, phone interview, then move onto interview with local DSM, then off to OPCO to interview with other DSMs and VP. Offered the job by the time I got to the VP. Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever persuaded someone? If so how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

grueling, three panel, redundant behavioral type questions, super focused on what you will bring to the table and what your career aspirations type of questions. Four hour process, was over done and completely redundant

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (New York, NY).

Interview

Very laid back, nice people, easy questions, your standard 25 google search interview question. Got a phone call, a few emails, met in person, went to the headquarters, met with a few more people then went to training.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Columbia, SC).

Interview

5 interviews - 1 phone interview and 4 in person interviews with members of management. The process drug on for a lengthy time period. 6 months from the time I applied on line until my actual start date and 6 weeks from start of actual interview process. Be prepared for this to take a period of time unless you know someone.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Austin, TX).

Interview

interviewed with 3 of the area managers one at a time. it was fairly easy and friendly.
    first you apply online, then a phone interview, and then you go in to meet the managers.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Canton, MI).

Interview

series of three interviews. First interview was with human resources. Second interview was with the district sales manager. Third and last interview was with the head of human resources.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

It's a 50/50 split of questions about sales and customer service. Questions are behavioral, and look for you to cite specific examples. If you have a really great customer service example, definitely need to use it. "Self-motivated," is the key as most people who don't work out for the company decide to not be "self-motivated."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate, if you have experience especially if you have customers in mind willing to transition over from the competition.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief, easy. make sure you have a good attitude and dress nicely. At the end of the day you are applying for sales, this is the sale you need to close. Also, sales experience is not required so just be outgoing and make sure you like to talk to people because you will have to do it everyday.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Jackson, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks, receive a phone call in a week after applied for the job which is the phone screen, after 2-3 days receive a phone screen by district manager, then in about a week the recruiter will call to schedule an onsite interview, got the offer in 3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was set by the company, not really negotiable.