Sysco Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco in July 2017.

Interview

Applied on the web. An HR employee then emailed me to schedule a phone interview appointment. She was very polite and the interview was very easy. She also gave me more information about the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sysco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone screening interview went well, but never heard back from them. Interviewer said it would take three weeks for a response, but it's been over 6 weeks and still nothing. I've moved on.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

The interview process was intense. I think I had 6 interviews. There was a lot a online screening and questions to fill out. The one on one interviews were not that bad once I was talking to someone.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose between a customer call or mandatory meeting which would choose and why?   2 Answers

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco.

Interview

Focus on time management, sale process, ability to work the hours, people skills, computer skills.

Interview Questions

• If you had to tell me one thing you did over and above what was it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sysco (Lincoln, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

intense interview, very thorough. many levels of management were involved and assured that if hired the training and first year would be very time consuming but worth the time put in. Company paid for all training and travel. traning was very informative and prepared you for the workplace.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I am currently a TM for a competing foodservice company. My initial contact with Sysco was through a competing Sales Rep in one of my accounts. He had very positive things to say about working for Sysco, as did other reps I have had contact with. He told me that when I was ready, he'd pass on my info. After I gave him the go ahead, I was contacted pretty quickly. I have had two personal interviews with upper management and have received an offer. This offer is competitive with my current pay with my current employer.

Interview Questions

• Not really unexpected, but "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They looked at my last year W-2 in order to formulate an offer. I expressed concern that initially, I might have a reduced paycheck (maybe 1st couple of weeks), but it was pointed out that I would be making more than my last year and the potential, of course, of making more. So, not much negotiation. Maybe that is my fault.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sysco (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Sell me this pen, talk about features, advantages, and bennifits. This question is design for one purpose only. Ask questions to find out what the consumer is actually looking for. Many approach this as " i have the best pen on the market it writes well, ink color, blah, blah. Ask questions to find out what the consumer is actually looking for, then sell the pen

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was very thorough and objective

Interview Questions

• 1.
      How would you handle a hard to get along with fellow employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating the offer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sysco in December 2008.

Interview

it was a very long process - it took 3 days to complete the interview - they use targeted selection - first the phone interview, then an interview with a district sales manager, then an interview with 3 different upper management divisions of the company - questions were classified into different areas of sales