Sysco Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sysco Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and two weeks later they called to schedule a phone interview. Phone Interview fairly straight forward, lots of situational question. Recommended for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sysco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Sysco (Flagstaff, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Inept HR team had me 2 1/2 hours away for my first interview. No apology. No offer of mileage reimbursement for their mistake. After 4 in person interviews I got a form letter rejection email. Several months later I would continue to get rejection emails. This company is a sh-t show.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Ankeny, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very long arduous process. A total of 3 weeks to get through the first 2 interviews which were actually 3. Phone interview with HR that was approximately 45 min. Then 2 back to back interviews with the local district managers which were also 45 min a piece. Walking out after them the second district manager told me that they were going to set up my 3rd interview with the regional manager. The next day I received a form letter from HR informing me that I did not get the job. After all that time I found out that they just decided not to hire anyone at that time. I had someone in the company that filled me in on that part.

Interview Questions

• How in the past have you handle customer complaints and what did you do to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sysco (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

All behavioral questions in first interview. Interviewer was professional and personal. Interviewer encourages applicants to have questions about company and quality of life. I'd focus more on the behavioral aspect of this process than personal achievements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was excited to receive an email informing me that I will get a phone interview. The woman on the phone was nice and the interview was very basic. After the phone interview, I was informed that I would get a face to face with the area sales manager. I met him at the local Panera Bread. We talked for about an hour and after, he scheduled for me to meet with his boss. After the first two interviews, I figured that the third would be cake walk. It was nothing of the sort. I was blindsided by how tough the interview was. I thought that I had completely lost all hope of getting hired, however, near the very end of the interview, I was able to turn it around and get a final interview. Now walking into the final interview, I feel that the recruiters that were in this interview had their mind made up from the start that I was not going to get this job. i immediately had to go on the defensive trying to defend my prior work history industry. All in all, I feel I had to jump through too many hoops and at the end felt I was being attacked.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sell one of those red "that was easy" buttons from staples to the HR manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sysco (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

initial interview with DSM then you are directed to interview called TRIO with upper management. TRIO is quite long and somewhat difficult, depending on who is interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Do not recall--the length of time spent interviewing back to back with 3 people was most difficult part for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

DId not negotiate--got what seemed fair.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Just apply; foodservice operating background is very helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sysco (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Interviewed first with the District manager, who then referred me to the Corporate staff. I interviewed with the Sales Manager, the VP of HR, and the VP of Sales. Interview process was about 10-15 behavioral interview questions.

Quickly, within a week, I received a letter thanking me for my time, but they had no current position available that fit my "talents".

Interview Questions

• Name for me a time when you had to bend or break the rules, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question