Sytner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sytner Interview Questions

Interviews at Sytner

2.6

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sytner (Leicester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Very informal.
    Interviewer had mobile phone out during the whole interview which kept ringing.
    There was no formal structure to the interview.
    The discussion about skills and expectations seemed short and most of the questions were open relating to personality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you thing working here would be any better than at your current employers.   1 Answer

Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sytner (Kingston, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Hand in CV to employer, wait for a call to interview. was taken into the board room, asked about previous experiences and why i would like the job. tested to see how i would fit in. then shown around the building to other employees and departments, then was offered the job on the spot

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sytner in August 2016.

Interview

Currently going through the process it's a done properly. Starts with a general test and giving your cv and cover letter in. Then I did a telephone interview. Then it was a video call where you answer the questions. I then attended an assessment day which really does test you on all aspects. It's ran fantastically everyone is lovely and I really enjoyed it in a strange way. I then attended an interview at the branch and I am currently waiting to hear from them. All been a great experience so far and I fell I have learnt so much from this.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sytner (Leicester, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Excellent communication from the start right through to the final decision. There was never a moment I wasn't kept in the loop. When I went for interview everybody was very welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sytner?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sytner (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

External recruiter used by the centre I was applying for got in touch, wanted to have a brief chat about my CV. Explained the role had been advertised as business development but it wasn't entirely true! It was actually more of an account management type of role. Arranged for me to attend a group interview whereby you had the standard questions which would then enable some people to go through to the next round, eventually amounting in 14 candidates down to two. The final two would then conduct a role play between customer and staff, and attend a one on one interview (mine ended up in one on three!). Two weeks later I was told I had been successful via the recruiter and I was to go back and have a sit down with a manager and his colleague who would take me through a set of scenarios where they would mark 1 to 3 as likely or unlikely action in this scenario based on my answer. I was again called back by a manager to go through the paperwork and through one of the systems I was to use. And started overall 5 weeks after the date of my telephone interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sytner (Leicester, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied with my CV
    Booked in for a telephone interview
    Before the Assessment Centre I was asked to complete a numeracy, literacy and a personality tests
    Assessment centre (group activities,individual activity and an interview with the Manager
    Then a final face to face interview with the department Director

Interview Questions

• I was given a list of jobs which would need to be completed during a working week and I was also provided with a weekly diary. I had to arrange the diary, prioritise tasks and explain why I would re-arrange certain tasks and not others.   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sytner (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Following application, requested to attend a short interview and prepare a 10 min presentation on the favourite BMW/Mini product. In reality, it was several hours of group exercise assessment, numeric and literacy aptitude tests with a 1:2 presentation and two question interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your biggest weakness is in regards to the role?   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Wycombe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sytner (High Wycombe, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Having secured an interview, I spent my 4 hours of my Saturday preparing for the interview. However I was told hours before the interview the job had been filled by the person interviewed before me. Never before has a company wasted my time and treated me with such disrespect. This company apparently has won multiple awards for how it treats it's staff - yet their professional courtesy was none existent. Extremely disappointed. Avoid.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected questions wasn't a question but their refusal to honour the interview I had prepared for at the last momnet.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sytner.

Interview

The interview process was divided into 4 steps: a telephone interview, a technical challenges interview, 2 online tests and a final competency-based interview..

The phone interview was fairly easy, they talked about the company and asked you to give a background about yourself, I think the most important thing is to be friendly and express your passion in the role you're applying for.

The technical challenges interview wasn't very hard, the people I met were really friendly and put me at ease so it was quite enjoyable.

The final interview was really more of a chat, just to get to know me and find out how I'll fit in the team I guess.

Interview Questions

• For the telephone interview they mainly assessed my interest in the position I was applying for and my knowledge of certain technologies.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sytner in August 2018.

Interview

Was asked to do online tests and a personality assessment. Had 2 face to face interviews with the manager and dealer dealer principal , the process was quick but unfortunately I wasn’t successful. Going to try again next time they advertise.