T.G.I. Friday's Bartender Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

1.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Franklin, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Very brief interview process. I was called and asked to do a face-to-face interview the following day. I arrived for my interview with the Bar Manager and was asked several typical interview questions. I was then interviewed by the General Manager immediately after. I was offered the job following both of these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time you made a mistake at work, how did you fix it, and how do you tell your manager.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Three step process. I walked in because I saw on a website they were hiring bartenders, and got an interview on the spot (DO IT THIS WAY, WHEREVER YOU WANNA WORK - IT WORKS!!). I initially interviewed with I think the front of house manager, then the back of house manager directly after, and then finally the general manager. After the first interview I was given an online application to fill out in the restaurant, and then a personality quiz to make sure I'm not a psycho. Questions involved bartending specific stuff, general sales stuff, and customer service stuff. Besides questions it was just general information about how the position works and what TGIF is all about.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fridays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Springfield, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Refreshing. You meet with all the managers and get a little "preview" of who they are and how they act. The interview process was quick, and I talked with the service manager, bar manager, kitchen manager, and general manager all in the same day. They seemed to really like me. After I met with the general manager, they scheduled an interview with the district manager later that week and I was hired the day after.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle your emotions under stress?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was simple and very friendly. The store manager is a very approachable woman and very honest and no nonsense which is very appreciated. I was hired right on the spot and had to visit the securities office a few days later to complete the paperwork and security access forms.

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville Centre, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Rockville Centre, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

This is all just to see your personality and how you work with others! There is a comprehension test when you apply online, but it is not hard! be yourself and if you don't have any personality, communication skills or people skills, this might not be the job for you

Interview Questions

• Use 3 words to describe yourself !   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Windsor, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (East Windsor, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

The Interview was laughable. If you can't get a job working in a restaurant, I don't know what to tell you. Unless you sabotage the interview on purpose, there is pretty much no way to not get this job unless you have absolutely no experience. At that point, you may want to work someplace a little slower pace first.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Orlando, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

Walked in and filled out an application for hostessing, did not hear anything for maybe a week and then I walked in again to check on the status of my app. Then I got interviewed on the spot and hired pending a shadow.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard, although they did ask who my favorite band was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

One word: pathetic.
    I applied online and the next day received a telephone call. It was a brief, friendly call and I was invited to an OJE and interview in store. I attended restaurant 15 minutes early and low and behold, nobody knew who I was or why I was there. They asked me if it was an OJE or just an interview and I said "OJE" and tried to show the email showing the invitation but the manager said it was fine. I was shown the fire exits and where to place my bag and brought back to the bar area. I worked for 2.5 hours solid on a busy Saturday cleaning, restocking the fridges and I even ended up taking drink orders and taking money/putting them through the till. Eventually the manager came to me and said "It's quarter past!" So I thought oh okay, must be time for the interview part. I left the bar to try and get a chance to actually speak to someone and I was told, "Okay you can collect your things now and we'll call you tomorrow for feedback!".

I got a rejection email that evening "thanking" me for attending the "OJE and interview". So I was basically used for 2.5 hours on a busy Saturday, I had no interview and because it was so busy obviously nobody had even been observing me to be able to give me feedback. I'm absolutely livid and I will be making a complaint. What a complete and utter waste of my time.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was kind of humiliating, the process on the icebreaker isn't for everyone, it includes dancing, and things most people found slightly embarrassing. The staff were slightly immature, not my kind of people. The interview itself was good, but I didn't understand parts of the icebreakers.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview which was positive and friendly.
    Had a trial shift, which was mostly reading about TGI standards and practicing free-pouring with water into an exact-o-pour. It was an enjoyable environment to be in.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one interesting thing about yourself   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult situation in work, and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • Will you be relying on public transport to get to work   Answer Question