T.G.I. Friday's Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.G.I. Friday's Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

1.9

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

applied online, wanted to interview as soon as possible, sat at a table with gm and was hired on the spot. told me my smile was awesome and to always wear it. very easy they probably would hire anyone

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Went in to apply at T.G.I. Fridays and had a short interview with the manager. He was very personable and made the interview process enjoyable as I did not feel that I was being forced to say a particular answer or was supposed to talk my resume up. The behavioral questions asked were fair as they showed how I would mingle with prospective employees. I was offered the job later that day when I received a call from the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time that you disagreed with a member in your organization and how did you resolve that problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online on Indeed I then got a message to fill out an application online and 2 days later I got an email inviting me to come in for an interview during their open interview times. I interviewed with 3 different managers they all asked general questions. I was also given 2 example situations where they wanted to know what I would do in them. The 3rd manger that I spoke to I know was the general manager and at the end she pulled me aside and offer me the job. So I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite restaurant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Bayonne, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

lots of customer service questions just answer generously. Simple questions. they tend to already know if they will be hiring you or not just from looking at you which is fine so dress in all black

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Hamilton, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview went really well and was less complicated than I expected. It was simple really, got asked a few common questions just to get a general feel for me, hit it off with the woman interviewing me and was offered the job. Only one interview and was quick. Easy to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle impatient customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I knew the guy was going to be bad the moment he called for an interview. He called at 10 pm and asked for an interview so I asked if he meant right now? and he's all like no its too late.(its too late for an interview but not too late for him to call me.?) .they didn't even bother to ask me for my resume, the guy was late and I could tell that weren't going to hire me the moment they looked at me because they were so rude but instead of that he tried to make the job seem incredibly bad like I had to do all of this extra work like clean every part of the store even though I was applying as a hostess.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Interview to meet with manager, got asked to a second interview. After the second interview I was asked to come in for orientation. I had to submit some documents. It was a very easy going interview and the managers were very impressed with me and what I had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Bridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Old Bridge, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Jan 26th at about 7pm & shockingly got a call 9pm the same night. The manager explained they were really desperate and she wanted me to come in right away. Interview was okay. Asked about experience & what I would bring to the job.

Interview Questions

Wanted me to work too many days and too many hours and I can't with college.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Very easy. Was called in for an interview, took place in the restaurant at one of the tables. They were very friendly. They did not ask much. Mainly asked about previous experience, as i had worked at a different location. How I found out about the job, and why I would like to work there.
    It was a very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience, and why I would like to work there. Did not have tactical questions   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I walked in for an application and they had me fill it out right then and there, and then wait for an interview. They had just gotten rid of a hostess so I don't think this is how it normally operates.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions (what would you do in this situation), how you work in a team, one time you worked around a challenge   1 Answer