T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.0

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Providence, RI).

Interview

Fill out online application and then did a phone interview then followed up on a day in the life and did a shift follow. After that did an online test and interview with the General Manager at the training store.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Super quick and easy. We went over expectations and she asked when I was able to start. They want someone who is outgoing and bubbly. I was hired on the spot.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

applied online, wanted to interview as soon as possible, sat at a table with gm and was hired on the spot. told me my smile was awesome and to always wear it. very easy they probably would hire anyone

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Went in to apply at T.G.I. Fridays and had a short interview with the manager. He was very personable and made the interview process enjoyable as I did not feel that I was being forced to say a particular answer or was supposed to talk my resume up. The behavioral questions asked were fair as they showed how I would mingle with prospective employees. I was offered the job later that day when I received a call from the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time that you disagreed with a member in your organization and how did you resolve that problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online on Indeed I then got a message to fill out an application online and 2 days later I got an email inviting me to come in for an interview during their open interview times. I interviewed with 3 different managers they all asked general questions. I was also given 2 example situations where they wanted to know what I would do in them. The 3rd manger that I spoke to I know was the general manager and at the end she pulled me aside and offer me the job. So I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite restaurant?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Easy! Just show personality and dress good. Managers are very nice and easy going. This job is just to make money and go home so they are just looking for somebody who is serious and has great customer service/

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

very bad process. asked to come back for second interview only to find they were booked for the rest of the year. said they'll call back in the new year

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Applied online, was emailed for interview request. First interview was face to face with the Restaurant Manager (Front of House Manager). Second interview was face to face with the GM. Third interview was on the phone with the District Manager. I probably only needed the 3rd interview because I hadn't had any restaurant experience yet. TGI Friday's is looking for FOH employees that can be engaging with any person who walks through the door. If you can't keep the conversation flowing with your interviewer then there's a good chance you won't get a job offer. Also, an open schedule is the most desirable in a H/H.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part about the Host/Hostess position?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Miami, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I had to be interviewed by 3 different people. Very easy each time, asked why I would want to work there, availability, and they also explained my job as a host.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and painless. First a phone call then two interviews. One with AM and second with GM. The GM was split between two stores so overall focus on new hires is low.