T.G.I. Friday's Host/Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.G.I. Friday's Host/Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2016

1.9

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Applied online, was emailed for interview request. First interview was face to face with the Restaurant Manager (Front of House Manager). Second interview was face to face with the GM. Third interview was on the phone with the District Manager. I probably only needed the 3rd interview because I hadn't had any restaurant experience yet. TGI Friday's is looking for FOH employees that can be engaging with any person who walks through the door. If you can't keep the conversation flowing with your interviewer then there's a good chance you won't get a job offer. Also, an open schedule is the most desirable in a H/H.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part about the Host/Hostess position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Miami, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I had to be interviewed by 3 different people. Very easy each time, asked why I would want to work there, availability, and they also explained my job as a host.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy- I applied as a host, and was hired on the spot. But when I got to orientation, I found out that I was changed to a waitress which was extremely disappointing. The people working there are amazing, but it wasn't a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How will you make the customers feel like it is always Friday?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed once and it took less than 10min! The interview was very conversational and relaxed. When being interviewed remain confident and be assertive. Let your personality show a bit!

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tinley Park, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview was pretty easy. He asked me about myself and the things I do on my free time. He asked why I chose to work at Friday's. He asked me to demonstrate how I would greet him if he was a customer. Overall, easy interview. The key is to be enthusiastic and energetic.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've gotten excellent customer service or service that stood out?
      How would you make a customer feel welcomed?
      Why do you think you can be a candidate for this job?
      Do you agree that energy is contagious?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I feel like my experience is unique. My college was hosting a job fair on campus and Fridays was there. They had computers up so people could apply right there online. It was basically a personality assessment. After I finished, the managers asked me if I would like/had time for an interview. I said yes, and i went in a seperate room with a manager. He asked me my availability, my desired pay, why Friday's, the basic questions. He told me to stop by the restarant to interview with another manager so she could meet me and decide from there whether I had the job. I got the a few days later and was interviewed by her. Then, I was interviewed by another manager. The last two told me that if I was hired they would notify me with the next steps to take. A few days later, I got an email telling me i was hired and to review some material on the same site that i used to apply.

Interview Questions

• If I didn't know how to tie my shoe, tell me how you would teach me.   Answer Question
    • You see 4 guys walking through the door, tell me how you would greet them.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you've experienced greet customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you've experienced a difficult situation andhow did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you had a bad day at work and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. It took maybe fifteen minutes. They will basically let almost anybody work in the restaurant environment. You do not need much experience, although it is helpful. I applied online, but after the interview the interviewing manager made me fill out the entire application again, which was kind of annoying.

Anonymous Employee in Homestead, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Homestead, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online July 15th and they called me Saturday July 18th to set up an interview for Tuesday July 21st. I went in and there was 2 people in front of me, after waiting I met with the manager who was very nice. I was asked basic questions and at the end was told to fill out an assessment that came to my email and i would know from there if i was hired or not.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a fairly easy application process. I got a call a week later on a Saturday asking if I was still interested in a job and if I could come in for an interview the following monday. I interviewed with one of the managers and she just gave me the overview of the job (how the pay worked and the responsibility of the job) and also asked some questions about my availability and experience. I told her this would be my 1st job and she didn't really care that I didn't have experience. She called me back a few days later and asked if I could come in thursday for another interview with a different manager who asked more personal get to know you/work related questions. He said he'd call me back Friday if I got the job and sure enough I got a call that Friday.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the next person we interview?   1 Answer
    • Because you will be working after school, are you willing to stay until 2 in the morning on the weekends?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were pretty understanding of my schedule with school and extra curricular activities and said I would probably get most of my hours on the weekend, but I guess we will have to see what they do for me when I start getting scheduled

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was very friendly and laid back. This interview was different than any other one I've ever had. He didn't follow the usual, over the top, scripted questions. He was more interested in my personality, and ability to fit in within the group. He went over basic responsibilities are hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a place like, Friday's?   Answer Question