T.G.I. Friday's Host/Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2016

1.8

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed once and it took less than 10min! The interview was very conversational and relaxed. When being interviewed remain confident and be assertive. Let your personality show a bit!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tinley Park, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview was pretty easy. He asked me about myself and the things I do on my free time. He asked why I chose to work at Friday's. He asked me to demonstrate how I would greet him if he was a customer. Overall, easy interview. The key is to be enthusiastic and energetic.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've gotten excellent customer service or service that stood out? How would you make a customer feel welcomed? Why do you think you can be a candidate for this job? Do you agree that energy is contagious?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I feel like my experience is unique. My college was hosting a job fair on campus and Fridays was there. They had computers up so people could apply right there online. It was basically a personality assessment. After I finished, the managers asked me if I would like/had time for an interview. I said yes, and i went in a seperate room with a manager. He asked me my availability, my desired pay, why Friday's, the basic questions. He told me to stop by the restarant to interview with another manager so she could meet me and decide from there whether I had the job. I got the a few days later and was interviewed by her. Then, I was interviewed by another manager. The last two told me that if I was hired they would notify me with the next steps to take. A few days later, I got an email telling me i was hired and to review some material on the same site that i used to apply.

Interview Questions

• If I didn't know how to tie my shoe, tell me how you would teach me.   Answer Question
    • You see 4 guys walking through the door, tell me how you would greet them.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you've experienced greet customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you've experienced a difficult situation andhow did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you had a bad day at work and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Homestead, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Homestead, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online July 15th and they called me Saturday July 18th to set up an interview for Tuesday July 21st. I went in and there was 2 people in front of me, after waiting I met with the manager who was very nice. I was asked basic questions and at the end was told to fill out an assessment that came to my email and i would know from there if i was hired or not.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a fairly easy application process. I got a call a week later on a Saturday asking if I was still interested in a job and if I could come in for an interview the following monday. I interviewed with one of the managers and she just gave me the overview of the job (how the pay worked and the responsibility of the job) and also asked some questions about my availability and experience. I told her this would be my 1st job and she didn't really care that I didn't have experience. She called me back a few days later and asked if I could come in thursday for another interview with a different manager who asked more personal get to know you/work related questions. He said he'd call me back Friday if I got the job and sure enough I got a call that Friday.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the next person we interview?   1 Answer
    • Because you will be working after school, are you willing to stay until 2 in the morning on the weekends?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were pretty understanding of my schedule with school and extra curricular activities and said I would probably get most of my hours on the weekend, but I guess we will have to see what they do for me when I start getting scheduled

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was very friendly and laid back. This interview was different than any other one I've ever had. He didn't follow the usual, over the top, scripted questions. He was more interested in my personality, and ability to fit in within the group. He went over basic responsibilities are hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a place like, Friday's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Saratoga Springs, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Three different interviews. The first was with the Front of House manager. She wanted to know about me and my experience, how I would deal with guests and coworkers. The second interview was with the General Manager. He asked questions related to the job (how to interact with guests, seat them, say farewell) because there is a very specific checklist hosts and servers must follow. Third interview was a phone interview with the District Manager. Just to get to know you and make sure that you can be professional and friendly on the phone.

Interview Questions

• They asked us how to deal with different types of guests and co-workers.   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I initially applied online and the application wasn't that bad. It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me. My interview was around 3pm and last around 30 minutes. Once I got there, everyone was nice and they hiring manager sounded interested! Then... NOTHING. I called to follow up and they hung up on me. I probably won't be filling out another application any time soon.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Saint Charles, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on a Friday July 14th, got called the next day and had an interview on Sunday night with the Host manager. He told me I was a really good candidate for the job because I had work at a TGI Fridays before, he said I was going to have a second interview with the general manager to expect a phone call. So yesterday July 16 I got a phone call from the GM to have the second interview with get on July the 17 and she said she liked me that I have a really good personality and she said congratulations you got the job. The manager is the best she looks like a real nice manager as well as the host manager. I think im going to love this job.

Interview Questions

• What does TGI Fridays Means?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

After applying online I was called for an interview about a week later. I passed the first interview and went on to a second. After the second interview I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything. I was very open with my schedule and was excited to start.