T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.0

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Buford, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in store, then they called me in for an interview the next day.The manager I had an interview with was really cool, but the interview itself was pretty difficult. I honestly didn't think I did good, but I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you make guests feel like its Friday everyday?   Answer Question
    • What would you tell some people that had been waiting for a long time too eat?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you still had to be respectful when someone was mad?   Answer Question
    • How would help a server that looked overwhelmed?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Establish rapport
    2. Gather information
    3. Close
    It is vitally important to understand these basic steps in order to be successful in your interviewing. Each step carries with it a different focus and emphasis. Each step has its own protocol and requirements. And successful completion of each step is critical if you are to go on to the next step in the process, whether another interview or the actual job offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me something about yourself? Why did you apply for this job? Why did you leave your last job? / Why are you planning to leave your present job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2009.

Interview

Great Interview with General Manager. Not a long process if you are well qualified.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good Offer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Aurora, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

In Illinois they are now doing "3rd Tier" interviews. I interviewed 4 times!

Negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2010.

Interview

Interview process began with a phone interview. An online assessment containing a personality test and IQ test was taken. An interview with the VP of operations. Then an in-person interview with a psychologist from the assessment agency. Finally an interview with the SVP of Ops, VP of HR, and Preisdent of company.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone with the same qualifications?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate the relocation package and salary.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in November 2011.

Interview

Applied and was contacted after about 2 weeks. I was asked when a good time for a phone interview would be and gave her a date and time. That day came and went and so I emailed her to try again. Set it up and guess what... that day came and went also with no phone call. It turns out she was on vacation. I emailed her once again and finally did the phone screen. No apologies for either mishap. She sent me a skills and personality test to complete online. The next week I was contacted by her to let me know I would be getting a phone call for my next step. I received a call from a restaurant GM asking me for a day to meet with him at his unit (55 miles from my home) for an interview. At the interview, this GM explained he was asked to do this for his boss but did not know why. He further explained that he had never done this before and apologized for his inexperience. After this interview, which did not go well, I walked away asking myself, "What Just happened?" The next day, I received a form email thanking me for my time but I was not going to be considered for the positiion. I sent an email to their home office asking if this was typical of their process. I received a phone call from an HR rep and was asked to explain my experience. Later that day, I received a phone call from the recruiter and got more of an excuse than an apology, and was told the district manager would be contacting me. When he did call me, I received an apology and we set up a time to meet. Because of the amount of time that had already passed, the position I had applied for was already filled but he would see what he could do. He said he would call me within one week to let me know about a decision. He never did so 3 days after the deadline HE set, I called him. To no surprise, he told me that I would not be joining the company. This whole fiasco took just over 3 months to complete! After all of this, I wonder if this is normal or just a cluster of bad circumstances.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Orange Park, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Seemed good from the interview .. the management portray the job as great potential moneymaker just need to upsell and give service to their standards. The manager seemed smart and pretty friendly .. I was hired in my second interview on the spot. And they seemed really interested in hiring a qualified team member.

Interview Questions

• Where I had previous experience   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Stevenage, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Terrible, very unorganised and a waste of time. Their website asked me to book an OJE (on job experience)/interview. I cleared my schedule for that evening and when I arrived I was left sitting around for ages and then asked questions such as what is my name, age and sixth form and then told that the OJE and interview will be on another evening later that week! When I came back to do the OJE I was left waiting for half an hour at the end and beginning of it and told that they would get back to me within a week - there wasn't even a proper interview! They took almost three weeks to get back to me only to send an automated email that I had not got the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions that they already knew the answers to because of my application.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Orange, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online through SnagAJob and received a call from a manager for an interview. Then met with another manager and started training on the floor with another server. There's 6 training shifts including a food test. Score you're hired and can start making tips.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the best service you have ever wanted and why   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

One word: pathetic.
    I applied online and the next day received a telephone call. It was a brief, friendly call and I was invited to an OJE and interview in store. I attended restaurant 15 minutes early and low and behold, nobody knew who I was or why I was there. They asked me if it was an OJE or just an interview and I said "OJE" and tried to show the email showing the invitation but the manager said it was fine. I was shown the fire exits and where to place my bag and brought back to the bar area. I worked for 2.5 hours solid on a busy Saturday cleaning, restocking the fridges and I even ended up taking drink orders and taking money/putting them through the till. Eventually the manager came to me and said "It's quarter past!" So I thought oh okay, must be time for the interview part. I left the bar to try and get a chance to actually speak to someone and I was told, "Okay you can collect your things now and we'll call you tomorrow for feedback!".

I got a rejection email that evening "thanking" me for attending the "OJE and interview". So I was basically used for 2.5 hours on a busy Saturday, I had no interview and because it was so busy obviously nobody had even been observing me to be able to give me feedback. I'm absolutely livid and I will be making a complaint. What a complete and utter waste of my time.