T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.0

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Buford, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in store, then they called me in for an interview the next day.The manager I had an interview with was really cool, but the interview itself was pretty difficult. I honestly didn't think I did good, but I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you make guests feel like its Friday everyday?   Answer Question
    • What would you tell some people that had been waiting for a long time too eat?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you still had to be respectful when someone was mad?   Answer Question
    • How would help a server that looked overwhelmed?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Establish rapport
    2. Gather information
    3. Close
    It is vitally important to understand these basic steps in order to be successful in your interviewing. Each step carries with it a different focus and emphasis. Each step has its own protocol and requirements. And successful completion of each step is critical if you are to go on to the next step in the process, whether another interview or the actual job offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me something about yourself? Why did you apply for this job? Why did you leave your last job? / Why are you planning to leave your present job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in September 2009.

Interview

Great Interview with General Manager. Not a long process if you are well qualified.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good Offer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Aurora, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

In Illinois they are now doing "3rd Tier" interviews. I interviewed 4 times!

Negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2010.

Interview

Interview process began with a phone interview. An online assessment containing a personality test and IQ test was taken. An interview with the VP of operations. Then an in-person interview with a psychologist from the assessment agency. Finally an interview with the SVP of Ops, VP of HR, and Preisdent of company.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone with the same qualifications?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate the relocation package and salary.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in November 2011.

Interview

Applied and was contacted after about 2 weeks. I was asked when a good time for a phone interview would be and gave her a date and time. That day came and went and so I emailed her to try again. Set it up and guess what... that day came and went also with no phone call. It turns out she was on vacation. I emailed her once again and finally did the phone screen. No apologies for either mishap. She sent me a skills and personality test to complete online. The next week I was contacted by her to let me know I would be getting a phone call for my next step. I received a call from a restaurant GM asking me for a day to meet with him at his unit (55 miles from my home) for an interview. At the interview, this GM explained he was asked to do this for his boss but did not know why. He further explained that he had never done this before and apologized for his inexperience. After this interview, which did not go well, I walked away asking myself, "What Just happened?" The next day, I received a form email thanking me for my time but I was not going to be considered for the positiion. I sent an email to their home office asking if this was typical of their process. I received a phone call from an HR rep and was asked to explain my experience. Later that day, I received a phone call from the recruiter and got more of an excuse than an apology, and was told the district manager would be contacting me. When he did call me, I received an apology and we set up a time to meet. Because of the amount of time that had already passed, the position I had applied for was already filled but he would see what he could do. He said he would call me within one week to let me know about a decision. He never did so 3 days after the deadline HE set, I called him. To no surprise, he told me that I would not be joining the company. This whole fiasco took just over 3 months to complete! After all of this, I wonder if this is normal or just a cluster of bad circumstances.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quite good. The interviewer was friendly and comfortable to talk with. Interview time was for me was 2:00 PM. But i came bit early around 1:20 PM . They did not made me wait long as they started interview process right away.

Interview Questions

• Background, experience, projects and my roles and responsibilities   Answer Question

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate as I was hired through a staffing agency

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in April 2013.

Interview

Normal, very relaxed and easy going. I was referred by an employee and was called pretty much immediately for an interview. The hiring manager was very nice and seem relaxed in asking questions and answering them. Overall a very good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions.... name a time when you went above and beyond your normal work duties to help a customer... stuff like that.   Answer Question

Serving Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Some questions on the phone once I had applied Had on the job experience first on a Friday so was pretty busy- it began by following another busser but as it got busier we did our own thing and then a week later got an interview with store manager. Got offered the job a week later they were suprised no one had already called very unorganized when I applied but since working there they have recruited more people so it has improved.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about TGI Friday's   1 Answer
    • The interviewer spoke about the company and didn't ask many questions
      I also asked at the end what was her favourite thing about working there
      1 Answer
    • How do u think your friends would describe you?   1 Answer
    • If a costumer were to come to you with a problem what would u do ?   1 Answer
    • what did I learn from my OJ?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

i went to two different interviews with two different managers before i got hired. and i went through a two week training. before i was assigned my own section

Interview Questions

• how long have i been a server   1 Answer