T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.0

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was given two separate interviews. At the first interview I was with server manager, it was a casual interview.
    Second interview was with General manager only lasted about 5-10 minutes afterwards I filled out some paper work.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was a very nice experience! The manager was very friendly, and I was hired on the spot! Overall it wasn't that hard. I did have to take a personality test for them to determine how I would handle certain situations, but it was very common-sense based.

Dish Washer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied one day and the next day in the morning i get a call. Came in a few minutes early for the interview and asked for the hiring manager. She came out sat me down at a table and 5-10 minutes waiting for her to come back. She came back with a few sheet of papers with general questions on them. The interview took about 10-20 minutes. After the interview ended the hiring manager told me she would talk to her supervisor and let me know by Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?
      We close at 2am but dish washing some times fishiness at 3am. would you be willing to do that?
      Answer Question
    • Would you be interested in other positions?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • We close at 2am but dish washing some times finishes at 3am. would you be willing to do that?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief, phone call from recruiter, went well, then waited a few days to hear from diector. That was a phone interview as well. Lasted 20 min and they didnt seem interest and only aksed about employment history.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and someone called me later that day. I walked in and the host told me where to sit. After a few minutes a manager came out. Overall, the interview was very relaxed and laid back. The manager just asked questions about my life and why I wanted to be a server at the restaurant. Because I didn't have any server experience, he asked how my previous retail experience would benefit me. He offered the position but the location was too far away so I declined.

Interview Questions

The restaurant was too far away

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back about four or five days later. I applied to be a server but because I have hostess experience they'd rather start me out as a hostess because she said that's what they normally do and then I'll work my way up to being a server. It was a standard interview and it was pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• What was hosting at your other job like? What's your availability? Do you have reliable transportation? (Very standard questions)   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Bayonne, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

lots of customer service questions just answer generously. Simple questions. they tend to already know if they will be hiring you or not just from looking at you which is fine so dress in all black

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Hamilton, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview went really well and was less complicated than I expected. It was simple really, got asked a few common questions just to get a general feel for me, hit it off with the woman interviewing me and was offered the job. Only one interview and was quick. Easy to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle impatient customers?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy- I applied as a host, and was hired on the spot. But when I got to orientation, I found out that I was changed to a waitress which was extremely disappointing. The people working there are amazing, but it wasn't a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How will you make the customers feel like it is always Friday?   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Nice guy, was not really like an interview. Hired on the spot I liked him, he seemed really great, he ended up hiring me on the spot, I liked all the employees and managers, I could've never asked for an easier interview

Interview Questions

• how would I deal with wait staff   1 Answer