T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Orange Park, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Seemed good from the interview .. the management portray the job as great potential moneymaker just need to upsell and give service to their standards. The manager seemed smart and pretty friendly .. I was hired in my second interview on the spot. And they seemed really interested in hiring a qualified team member.

Interview Questions

• Where I had previous experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Easy! Just show personality and dress good. Managers are very nice and easy going. This job is just to make money and go home so they are just looking for somebody who is serious and has great customer service/

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Sit down conversation with a current restaurant manager, answer questions about work history & new work expectations.
    Why are you excited to work for the company? Fo you know others who work for the company? and do they enjoy such work? If so, why do they?

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Applied online, was emailed for interview request. First interview was face to face with the Restaurant Manager (Front of House Manager). Second interview was face to face with the GM. Third interview was on the phone with the District Manager. I probably only needed the 3rd interview because I hadn't had any restaurant experience yet. TGI Friday's is looking for FOH employees that can be engaging with any person who walks through the door. If you can't keep the conversation flowing with your interviewer then there's a good chance you won't get a job offer. Also, an open schedule is the most desirable in a H/H.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part about the Host/Hostess position?   2 Answers

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Miami, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I had to be interviewed by 3 different people. Very easy each time, asked why I would want to work there, availability, and they also explained my job as a host.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and painless. First a phone call then two interviews. One with AM and second with GM. The GM was split between two stores so overall focus on new hires is low.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Franklin, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Very brief interview process. I was called and asked to do a face-to-face interview the following day. I arrived for my interview with the Bar Manager and was asked several typical interview questions. I was then interviewed by the General Manager immediately after. I was offered the job following both of these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time you made a mistake at work, how did you fix it, and how do you tell your manager.   Answer Question

Hostess/Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tampa, FL).

Interview

If you're a bubbly person then the interview would be fairly easy. The manager loves someone with passion and just overall goofy, basically a people person. The questions were average because you would have to take your mind out of being the server and think of yourself as being the customer and your wants and how you would want an issue to be fixed. I told a few corny jokes and the manager loved them. I just believe as previously stated that as long as you outgoing you would do fine.

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tinley Park, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call very quickly to set up an in person interview. The interview was with two TGI Fridays's managers. Very typical interview questions. I was offered the position after the interview and given dates and times for orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer?
      What would you bring to Fridays?   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Williamsport, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

very easy, interviewer was very friendly, I was very comfortable with the interview process everything went very well and when i was told i would recieve i phone call i did and they stuck to their word on everything so i can honestly say that i would recommend tgi friday's to anyone very excellent employer.

Negotiation

very pleasant