T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I knew the guy was going to be bad the moment he called for an interview. He called at 10 pm and asked for an interview so I asked if he meant right now? and he's all like no its too late.(its too late for an interview but not too late for him to call me.?) .they didn't even bother to ask me for my resume, the guy was late and I could tell that weren't going to hire me the moment they looked at me because they were so rude but instead of that he tried to make the job seem incredibly bad like I had to do all of this extra work like clean every part of the store even though I was applying as a hostess.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Interview to meet with manager, got asked to a second interview. After the second interview I was asked to come in for orientation. I had to submit some documents. It was a very easy going interview and the managers were very impressed with me and what I had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Literally two minute interview where my answers were written on a post it stamp. Asked if I worked as a server previously, asked if I had a car, asked what my availability would be, and then told they would talk to the general manager and see what they could do. As long as you served before, they'll hire you. Friday's is always searching for servers because people are always quitting or being fired.

Sever Interview

Interview

I went there and spoke to the front of the house manager. Then I had a second interview with the general manager. Got hired. As a host first then moved up to server. It was the day I lost a part of my soul.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Monroeville, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were separate interviews. I got my first one by calling in and asking if anyone has reviewed my online application, they hadn't but they called me back that evening and we set up an interview. Very laid back but still professional. Managers very nice and welcoming. Asked good questions not just the basics because they are looking for good fits for the team not just extra bodies. I've also since working there seen many people be interviewed while only a few actually got offered positions which also shows that. Also the managers were all excited to answer any questions I had about the company.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed once and it took less than 10min! The interview was very conversational and relaxed. When being interviewed remain confident and be assertive. Let your personality show a bit!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Bridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Old Bridge, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Jan 26th at about 7pm & shockingly got a call 9pm the same night. The manager explained they were really desperate and she wanted me to come in right away. Interview was okay. Asked about experience & what I would bring to the job.

Interview Questions

Wanted me to work too many days and too many hours and I can't with college.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Easy, went in for 20 minutes and met with assistant manager. Was offered job at the end of second interview with manager. Questions were easy and direct. If you've ever interviewed at a restaurant before it's very similar.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself staying with the company?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Very easy. Was called in for an interview, took place in the restaurant at one of the tables. They were very friendly. They did not ask much. Mainly asked about previous experience, as i had worked at a different location. How I found out about the job, and why I would like to work there.
    It was a very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience, and why I would like to work there. Did not have tactical questions   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I walked in for an application and they had me fill it out right then and there, and then wait for an interview. They had just gotten rid of a hostess so I don't think this is how it normally operates.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions (what would you do in this situation), how you work in a team, one time you worked around a challenge   1 Answer