T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.0

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Mansfield, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief and positive. Management was definitely not judging me on past experience or education but on my ability to relate to the customer and provide a positive customer experience. Smile and be happy. You'll do fine.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Orange, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online through SnagAJob and received a call from a manager for an interview. Then met with another manager and started training on the floor with another server. There's 6 training shifts including a food test. Score you're hired and can start making tips.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the best service you have ever wanted and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I called to see if they were hiring and the hostess told me that I could apply online ( i did but restaurants don't usually look at those 1st) or i could walk in from 2:30pm to 4pm to fill out a paper app and ask to speak to a manager. I went there that same day, filled out a paper app and interviewed with a manager. She told me to come back a day later to interview with the general manager and i did. This was easier than waiting for someone to look at my app online.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience and why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I had to go through four different interviews throughout 2 months before getting the job, I met with all of the managers except for one. There was also one interview where the general manager refused to meet with me because there was not a note on his desk saying that I was coming, but there was a verbal message between the GM and other manager stating that I was coming the next day.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a few years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was given two separate interviews. At the first interview I was with server manager, it was a casual interview.
    Second interview was with General manager only lasted about 5-10 minutes afterwards I filled out some paper work.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was a very nice experience! The manager was very friendly, and I was hired on the spot! Overall it wasn't that hard. I did have to take a personality test for them to determine how I would handle certain situations, but it was very common-sense based.

Dish Washer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied one day and the next day in the morning i get a call. Came in a few minutes early for the interview and asked for the hiring manager. She came out sat me down at a table and 5-10 minutes waiting for her to come back. She came back with a few sheet of papers with general questions on them. The interview took about 10-20 minutes. After the interview ended the hiring manager told me she would talk to her supervisor and let me know by Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?
      We close at 2am but dish washing some times fishiness at 3am. would you be willing to do that?   Answer Question
    • Would you be interested in other positions?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • We close at 2am but dish washing some times finishes at 3am. would you be willing to do that?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got the call few days later for interview, got the job on site, it was very easy, not too stressful at all, spoke to two different managers on getting the job.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief, phone call from recruiter, went well, then waited a few days to hear from diector. That was a phone interview as well. Lasted 20 min and they didnt seem interest and only aksed about employment history.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and someone called me later that day. I walked in and the host told me where to sit. After a few minutes a manager came out. Overall, the interview was very relaxed and laid back. The manager just asked questions about my life and why I wanted to be a server at the restaurant. Because I didn't have any server experience, he asked how my previous retail experience would benefit me. He offered the position but the location was too far away so I declined.

Interview Questions

The restaurant was too far away