T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Buford, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in store, then they called me in for an interview the next day.The manager I had an interview with was really cool, but the interview itself was pretty difficult. I honestly didn't think I did good, but I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you make guests feel like its Friday everyday?   Answer Question
    • What would you tell some people that had been waiting for a long time too eat?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you still had to be respectful when someone was mad?   Answer Question
    • How would help a server that looked overwhelmed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Manchester, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back within 2 days. I interviewed on a Monday and started training the next day! The training program was comprehensive and prepared me to confidently answer guests questions about the food and specialty cocktails offered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Carrollton, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Friendly but dry. Typical, conference room, etc. Low pressure. Small wait, free water. TGI is stuck in a hard spot, they want to modernize their image but without losing their current loyalty base.

Interview Questions

• Why you? What would you do? What have you done that is relevant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager two days later to set up an interview. She was very nice and after our interview she set me up for a second interview with the general manager. He was a laid back person who asked me simple questions, told me about the company and he hired me on the spot.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tinley Park, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview was pretty easy. He asked me about myself and the things I do on my free time. He asked why I chose to work at Friday's. He asked me to demonstrate how I would greet him if he was a customer. Overall, easy interview. The key is to be enthusiastic and energetic.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've gotten excellent customer service or service that stood out?
      How would you make a customer feel welcomed?
      Why do you think you can be a candidate for this job?
      Do you agree that energy is contagious?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Port Charlotte, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I felt very comfortable. Essentially I was just asked questions about my employment background and experience. I was asked how long I was planning on staying with the company as well. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What experience and/or skills could you bring to this job?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

the interview process was fairly typical. nothing out of the ordinary. i was interviewed in person and called back within a week for a second interview. I was then hired on the spot

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Very simple interview ask you basic questions such as why Friday's. Usually have two interviews one with assistant manager followed by another with the General Manager. After that your hired and start training.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I feel like my experience is unique. My college was hosting a job fair on campus and Fridays was there. They had computers up so people could apply right there online. It was basically a personality assessment. After I finished, the managers asked me if I would like/had time for an interview. I said yes, and i went in a seperate room with a manager. He asked me my availability, my desired pay, why Friday's, the basic questions. He told me to stop by the restarant to interview with another manager so she could meet me and decide from there whether I had the job. I got the a few days later and was interviewed by her. Then, I was interviewed by another manager. The last two told me that if I was hired they would notify me with the next steps to take. A few days later, I got an email telling me i was hired and to review some material on the same site that i used to apply.

Interview Questions

• If I didn't know how to tie my shoe, tell me how you would teach me.   Answer Question
    • You see 4 guys walking through the door, tell me how you would greet them.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you've experienced greet customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you've experienced a difficult situation andhow did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you had a bad day at work and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Saratoga Springs, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the kitchen manager and then the general manager. The K.M. was really nice and it seemed like she was offering me a job and then she told me to come back to speak with the G.M. The GM was pushing my buttons and asking impromptu kitchen safety questions that are important.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Fridays.   1 Answer