T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.0

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back about four or five days later. I applied to be a server but because I have hostess experience they'd rather start me out as a hostess because she said that's what they normally do and then I'll work my way up to being a server. It was a standard interview and it was pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• What was hosting at your other job like? What's your availability? Do you have reliable transportation? (Very standard questions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Bayonne, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

lots of customer service questions just answer generously. Simple questions. they tend to already know if they will be hiring you or not just from looking at you which is fine so dress in all black

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Hamilton, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview went really well and was less complicated than I expected. It was simple really, got asked a few common questions just to get a general feel for me, hit it off with the woman interviewing me and was offered the job. Only one interview and was quick. Easy to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle impatient customers?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy- I applied as a host, and was hired on the spot. But when I got to orientation, I found out that I was changed to a waitress which was extremely disappointing. The people working there are amazing, but it wasn't a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How will you make the customers feel like it is always Friday?   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Nice guy, was not really like an interview. Hired on the spot I liked him, he seemed really great, he ended up hiring me on the spot, I liked all the employees and managers, I could've never asked for an easier interview

Interview Questions

• how would I deal with wait staff   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I knew the guy was going to be bad the moment he called for an interview. He called at 10 pm and asked for an interview so I asked if he meant right now? and he's all like no its too late.(its too late for an interview but not too late for him to call me.?) .they didn't even bother to ask me for my resume, the guy was late and I could tell that weren't going to hire me the moment they looked at me because they were so rude but instead of that he tried to make the job seem incredibly bad like I had to do all of this extra work like clean every part of the store even though I was applying as a hostess.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Interview to meet with manager, got asked to a second interview. After the second interview I was asked to come in for orientation. I had to submit some documents. It was a very easy going interview and the managers were very impressed with me and what I had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Literally two minute interview where my answers were written on a post it stamp. Asked if I worked as a server previously, asked if I had a car, asked what my availability would be, and then told they would talk to the general manager and see what they could do. As long as you served before, they'll hire you. Friday's is always searching for servers because people are always quitting or being fired.

Sever Interview

Interview

I went there and spoke to the front of the house manager. Then I had a second interview with the general manager. Got hired. As a host first then moved up to server. It was the day I lost a part of my soul.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Monroeville, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were separate interviews. I got my first one by calling in and asking if anyone has reviewed my online application, they hadn't but they called me back that evening and we set up an interview. Very laid back but still professional. Managers very nice and welcoming. Asked good questions not just the basics because they are looking for good fits for the team not just extra bodies. I've also since working there seen many people be interviewed while only a few actually got offered positions which also shows that. Also the managers were all excited to answer any questions I had about the company.