T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Monroeville, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were separate interviews. I got my first one by calling in and asking if anyone has reviewed my online application, they hadn't but they called me back that evening and we set up an interview. Very laid back but still professional. Managers very nice and welcoming. Asked good questions not just the basics because they are looking for good fits for the team not just extra bodies. I've also since working there seen many people be interviewed while only a few actually got offered positions which also shows that. Also the managers were all excited to answer any questions I had about the company.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed once and it took less than 10min! The interview was very conversational and relaxed. When being interviewed remain confident and be assertive. Let your personality show a bit!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Bridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Old Bridge, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Jan 26th at about 7pm & shockingly got a call 9pm the same night. The manager explained they were really desperate and she wanted me to come in right away. Interview was okay. Asked about experience & what I would bring to the job.

Interview Questions

Wanted me to work too many days and too many hours and I can't with college.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Brick, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews with two different managers at the restaurant. Both laid back interviews with basic questions. I was hired after a few days and then began training shortly after

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

pretty striaght foward, he asked questions, I answered honesty, im very charming, so he really liked me. It was more of a convo than a interview. chillest interview ever. Very nice people

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Easy, went in for 20 minutes and met with assistant manager. Was offered job at the end of second interview with manager. Questions were easy and direct. If you've ever interviewed at a restaurant before it's very similar.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Very easy. Was called in for an interview, took place in the restaurant at one of the tables. They were very friendly. They did not ask much. Mainly asked about previous experience, as i had worked at a different location. How I found out about the job, and why I would like to work there.
    It was a very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience, and why I would like to work there. Did not have tactical questions   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I walked in for an application and they had me fill it out right then and there, and then wait for an interview. They had just gotten rid of a hostess so I don't think this is how it normally operates.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions (what would you do in this situation), how you work in a team, one time you worked around a challenge   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Buford, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in store, then they called me in for an interview the next day.The manager I had an interview with was really cool, but the interview itself was pretty difficult. I honestly didn't think I did good, but I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you make guests feel like its Friday everyday?   Answer Question
    • What would you tell some people that had been waiting for a long time too eat?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you still had to be respectful when someone was mad?   Answer Question
    • How would help a server that looked overwhelmed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Manchester, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back within 2 days. I interviewed on a Monday and started training the next day! The training program was comprehensive and prepared me to confidently answer guests questions about the food and specialty cocktails offered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A