T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.G.I. Friday's Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.0

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

I interviewed with the DO and the GM at their training store. They mostly just asked me about my previous experience and work ethic. Honestly, the DO was very distracted by the conducting the interview in the store. They were prepping for lunch and he was very busy watching what they were doing. He seemed more interested in them than in me. It boiled down to a get-to-know-you chat.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two guys got in each other's faces at the bar and a fight was about to start?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Concord, NH) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online about a week ago , got a call for an interview with the beverage manager on Sunday , interviewed me today on Tuesday . Walked in , was seated by the host , given something to drink , and waited about a minute for the manager to sit down with me . Started off with the basics , then proceeded to the questions . Manager seemed genuine in the way that this wasn't just some interview but seemed like he actually cared . Finished the interview with saying he liked me and that he would pass the interview onto his boss tomorrow and that she would be in touch sometime this week if they thought I was a good fit ! Can't wait to see ! I will update later this week !

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite sports team ?   Answer Question
    • When is one time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question
    • When is one time you made a mistake and how did you fix it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. It took maybe fifteen minutes. They will basically let almost anybody work in the restaurant environment. You do not need much experience, although it is helpful. I applied online, but after the interview the interviewing manager made me fill out the entire application again, which was kind of annoying.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Concord, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online about a week ago and they called me yesterday (Sunday) around 5 pm to set up an interview. I originally had an interview elsewhere so we set up the interview for Wednesday. The other company completely wasted my time and I was only there for about 5 minutes, so I called TGI Fridays and asked if they were still interested in interviewing me today. The manager agreed and I came and she sat down with me for a second. No real interview questions, just if I was in school and if I had a current job (this is my first job). She then said that the job is mine if I wanted it, I filled out the paperwork, and I start on Wednesday. I am so excited. While she was bringing me the paperwork and making copies of my license and stuff, I spoke to the hostess and she told me some things about the job. She was very friendly and it seems like a very fun place to work. I'll write a review after i've worked here for about a month or so.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Homestead, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Homestead, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online July 15th and they called me Saturday July 18th to set up an interview for Tuesday July 21st. I went in and there was 2 people in front of me, after waiting I met with the manager who was very nice. I was asked basic questions and at the end was told to fill out an assessment that came to my email and i would know from there if i was hired or not.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a fairly easy application process. I got a call a week later on a Saturday asking if I was still interested in a job and if I could come in for an interview the following monday. I interviewed with one of the managers and she just gave me the overview of the job (how the pay worked and the responsibility of the job) and also asked some questions about my availability and experience. I told her this would be my 1st job and she didn't really care that I didn't have experience. She called me back a few days later and asked if I could come in thursday for another interview with a different manager who asked more personal get to know you/work related questions. He said he'd call me back Friday if I got the job and sure enough I got a call that Friday.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the next person we interview?   1 Answer
    • Because you will be working after school, are you willing to stay until 2 in the morning on the weekends?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were pretty understanding of my schedule with school and extra curricular activities and said I would probably get most of my hours on the weekend, but I guess we will have to see what they do for me when I start getting scheduled

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Warwick, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

It was great , about 45 mins long. He asked me some questions and reviewed my resume . He was really nice and I didn't feel nervous at all. Very easy going , and the atmosphere was great. Asked me a few questions. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was something unreasonable that a customer asked for?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cerritos, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later. Set up the interview for the next morning. I waited at a booth for my interview for about 15 or 20 minutes. Didn't ask too many real questions. Talked more about high school and athletics. Took about 7 minutes in total. I was offered a job on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were a customer and received good service.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

i went to two different interviews with two different managers before i got hired. and i went through a two week training. before i was assigned my own section

Interview Questions

• how long have i been a server   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Application is online. First interview they just ask you about your work experience and tell you about the job and ask about things on your resume. They also ask about your flexibility especially during the holiday season. Second interview they pretty much tell you more about the position and tell you about your hours and your training.