T.G.I. Friday's Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.0

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Saratoga Springs, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the kitchen manager and then the general manager. The K.M. was really nice and it seemed like she was offering me a job and then she told me to come back to speak with the G.M. The GM was pushing my buttons and asking impromptu kitchen safety questions that are important.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Fridays.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Anonymous Employee in West Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (West Orange, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was Straight forward
    Told me what was expected
    Level of high energy and focus required to work here
    Dressing up is a plus
    Needed my information to get me settled it
    Told me everything about the job and got hired

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Hattiesburg, MS) in February 2014.

Interview

I was called after applying online to schedule an interview. I showed up and was interviewed at a bar table during lunch. The interviewer had to leave the interview several times to assist in the understaffed kitchen. The interviewer again left to discuss the interview with the general manager. I sat for about 30 minutes. More than double my actual interview time. The general manager came out and we went through a brief reiteration. He was much more confident and immediately extended me an offer that was very... Iffy. And began describing how things worked in the store. He offered pay lower than my previous job which he was aware of. I turned it down and he immediately increased his offer. I agreed and was given a brief tour and told to come in the next week for online training.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing with this company and for what duration?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Melbourne, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Manager sat me down at a table and asked about previous experience. The process didn't take long. He was mostly interested in if I was able to handle the stress and how well I could work with others. They are very busy so he made sure I'd be able to keep up.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work under pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online late at night. Received a call the following morning in which an interview was scheduled a few days in advance. The first interview was short, lasting about 10 minutes. The following interview which was taken place with the GM who would be in charge of the hiring was longer, at about 20 min.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite food to cook and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible. They will most likely tell you they will start you out at 8. If you have any previous cooking experience decline and shoot for 9. Or if they tell you 9 based on your moderate to high level of experience, decline and shoot for 10 ect.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

the interview process was positive and motivational. The person that interviewed me was very personable and down to earth. It felt like I was catching up with a friend. The vibe was comfortable and it made me feel less anxious or nervous as I previously would feel in interviews. After work related questions they ask about your personal interests.

Interview Questions

• They asked where do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cambridge, MA) in January 2008.

Interview

Be prepared to show them your skills and that you don't drop things.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None I took minimum wage.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gateshead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Gateshead, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

Turned up for an interview just before the place opened. Offered a drink from a member of staff. Had a chat with a member of staff (informal) before speaking to the manager. Manager came out and introduced himself. Seemed like a nice, light-hearted and relaxed guy so it was easy for me to relax too. Had a chat about previous employment and what-not. Nothing hard really. Lead me out.

Interview Questions

• What gets on your nerves? What niggles you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Shifted me for an OJE (On the Job Experience) shift the next day and advised me to wear suitable clothing. But not necessarily and offer. More of a test-run