T.G.I. Friday's Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.G.I. Friday's Server Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

Easy! Just show personality and dress good. Managers are very nice and easy going. This job is just to make money and go home so they are just looking for somebody who is serious and has great customer service/

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick and painless. First a phone call then two interviews. One with AM and second with GM. The GM was split between two stores so overall focus on new hires is low.

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Tinley Park, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call very quickly to set up an in person interview. The interview was with two TGI Fridays's managers. Very typical interview questions. I was offered the position after the interview and given dates and times for orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer?
      What would you bring to Fridays?
      Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and someone called me later that day. I walked in and the host told me where to sit. After a few minutes a manager came out. Overall, the interview was very relaxed and laid back. The manager just asked questions about my life and why I wanted to be a server at the restaurant. Because I didn't have any server experience, he asked how my previous retail experience would benefit me. He offered the position but the location was too far away so I declined.

Interview Questions

The restaurant was too far away

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back about four or five days later. I applied to be a server but because I have hostess experience they'd rather start me out as a hostess because she said that's what they normally do and then I'll work my way up to being a server. It was a standard interview and it was pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• What was hosting at your other job like? What's your availability? Do you have reliable transportation? (Very standard questions)   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Literally two minute interview where my answers were written on a post it stamp. Asked if I worked as a server previously, asked if I had a car, asked what my availability would be, and then told they would talk to the general manager and see what they could do. As long as you served before, they'll hire you. Friday's is always searching for servers because people are always quitting or being fired.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Monroeville, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were separate interviews. I got my first one by calling in and asking if anyone has reviewed my online application, they hadn't but they called me back that evening and we set up an interview. Very laid back but still professional. Managers very nice and welcoming. Asked good questions not just the basics because they are looking for good fits for the team not just extra bodies. I've also since working there seen many people be interviewed while only a few actually got offered positions which also shows that. Also the managers were all excited to answer any questions I had about the company.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's.

Interview

Easy, went in for 20 minutes and met with assistant manager. Was offered job at the end of second interview with manager. Questions were easy and direct. If you've ever interviewed at a restaurant before it's very similar.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself staying with the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Manchester, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back within 2 days. I interviewed on a Monday and started training the next day! The training program was comprehensive and prepared me to confidently answer guests questions about the food and specialty cocktails offered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Port Charlotte, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I felt very comfortable. Essentially I was just asked questions about my employment background and experience. I was asked how long I was planning on staying with the company as well. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What experience and/or skills could you bring to this job?   1 Answer