T.G.I. Friday's Waitress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Greenville, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Two easy interviews with separate managers two days in a row. Offered position same day. Nice managers and simple process. Easy job with a great location. Seemed to be a revolving door for coworkers

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call in a matter of days inviting me to an interview.
    When I arrived it was a group interview and we just did a couple of icebreakers and games to settle in and get to know one another.
    We got quizzed on the history of TGI fridays (e.g where it originated and how) and then asked a couple of questions on the menu.
    We then got a tour of the restaurant and told in more detail about the role which we had applied for.
    After this little tour we were given individual interviews and that was the entire thing. Took around 1-2 hours

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you think you could improve about yourself?   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call a few days later to arrange a OTE. Did a 2 hour trail, loved it. Got a phone call 3 days later to arrange a meeting with the manager. She was lovely. Got offered the job. Need to go back to sign paperwork etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself. If you're happy, outgoing and willing to work hard you'll be fine.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Newcastle, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, with around 25 other people. We had to do a number of activities like explaining one of the most embarrassing things that's happened to us and designing our own restaurant, and then a 'speed dating' session with managers. It was very upbeat and informal, and to be honest it was clear I wouldn't have fit in to a super peppy and lively atmosphere - came as no shock when I got 'the email' telling me I didn't get another interview.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (College Station, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Easy going process where you fill out an application and bring it back and the manager will decide if he wants to call you back for an interview or interview you when you turn it in.

Interview Questions

• Describe why I would be a good fit for a first time waitress   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a brief five minute interview, followed by an hour and a half OJE - On the Job Experience - shadowing the staff, and helping run food and get drinks. Concluded with a final ten minute interview about OJE. Was a great chance to show skills, rather than trying to explain how capable I can be! I had no restaurant experience, which has been a real disadvantage before. Very friendly staff.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is intense one person I worked with applied to be a food runner and they made him run around the restaurant to see if he was fast enough. As soon as you are interviewed you find out if you got the job if you did you have to stay for a training class which takes place right after the interview process so make sure you are dress appropriately. The you will be given a booklet to learn all of the items on the menu and their ingredients which you must memorize during the course of the week.

Interview Questions

• What about myself makes me more qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Norwich, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, then received 'pre interview' questions to fill out, after 4 days received an email inviting me to an Audition interview. Arrived, played some team work games, got to know the group (only around 20 of us there) then had 2 minutes to do our party trick/performance/presentation. I did a performance of a song with my guitar, someone did a tap dance and someone else brought along props to do with their life and spoke about them. They then ask you simple questions like 'how do you think your personality will fit in at Fridays?' And 'where do you see yourself in 10 years time'.
    That is all done in front of a group, then individually taken away for questions. Simple ones again like 'why fridays?' 'Do you have any holidays planned?' 'How do you plan to get here.'
    Still waiting on whether I was successful or not as audition was only yesterday.

Interview Questions

• 'What would your personality bring to Fridays, how would you fit in?'   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T.G.I. Friday's (Alexandria, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Was called the day after I applied online, went in two days later and interviewed with our General Manager, then came back a day later and interviewed with the Bar manager, and lastly with the service manager. I applied as a host, but they said that I had enough work experience to be a server ( even though i had no restaurant experience) took a personality test which i passed, then signed all W2 papers and was told to come in for training the next week! It was a great process. Followed around a great longtime employee who coached me before i felt comfortable taking my own section.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sell our General Manager a bottle of ketchup haha, i did it pretty well, but make sure you know how to talk to people casually, while you are really trying to influence them, especially people in power   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given papers to sign, and able to

Waitress Interview

Interview

Interview with a manager and a trial shift.

Interview Questions

• Experience with unhappy customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate working on night at the weekend (including Friday) rather then two shifts.