T J Morris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T J Morris Interview Questions

Interviews at T J Morris

2.0

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T J Morris.

Interview

Started with a brief telephone interview then, a couple of weeks later, a 30/40 min face to face interview followed the next week by a 30/40 minute walk around the store asking staff questions about the business.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions really.   2 Answers

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T J Morris (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

easy stuff really, as long as you give them a decent answer for each question to which they ask around five, you have the job.
    questions such as when did you display a characteristic of leadership
    how much do you know of home bargains
    when and how did you overcome a tight situation
    the interviewer was the area manager but he was friendly and casual but professional nonetheless

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T J Morris (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic questions, around 20 minutes long. Offered a job on the same day after giving a pretty poor interview from myself
    A lot of information given about Home Bargains and T J Morris, including historical information on founding etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about T J Morris as a company?   1 Answer

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T J Morris (Whitstable, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online then they sent a email the following afternoon asking for store interview. I turned up but the interview was in a staff room and staff kept going in and going out so distracted me during a question especially due to I'm autistic I found it more difficult. I didn't find until about a week later with not getting the job and finding it very difficult getting feedback.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T J Morris (Reading, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Initial communication was good. There was one interview and the interviewer was friendly. I got a call on Wednesday they asked me if I can come on Thursday, I was gone through interview which was 15 min long. I was asked to wait for phone call.
    I got a call on same day and I joined home bargains very next day.
    Work culture is good here. Management and staff member are always happy to teach and help you.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T J Morris (Romford, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Arrived early and was asked to look around the store for about 5-10 mins. Interview was relaxed, done in the stockroom as the office was too small for an interview to be held there. The store manager interviewed me and was very polite and kind, there was no pressure it was very stress free.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T J Morris (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Called in to another nearby store as the store I applied for hadn't opened yet. Asked to go in for an interview which lasted around 45 minutes. Fairly simple competency questions, such as 'describe a time where' or 'give examples of', also asked me what I knew of the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T J Morris (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online, phoned the next day to arrange an interview for the following day. Phoned back the same day to let me know I was unsuccessful as I wasn't flexible enough. 9am-5pm Monday - Sunday.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about home bargains. Tell me a time you've been honest. Tell me a time you've been reliable. What are your hobbies.   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T J Morris (Bingley, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Very poor and unprofessional interview experience. Was interviewed by the manager in his office which took around 20 minutes. Music was playing in background for first 5 minutes which he then switched off, was on my third question by then. In total I was asked around 10 questions and they were just general questions such as why Home Bargains, what do you know about us, tell me a time where you led a team etc. Also got distracted twice by a staff member knocking on the door and walking in to speak to the manager which meant I had to repeat my answers. I feel there was no respect or regards to my hearing impairment disability which I clearly had put on job application that I prefer to be interviewed in a quiet room.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aigburth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T J Morris (Aigburth, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online through the Careers part of the website. Two weeks later got a phone call inviting me in to a one to one interview with the Store Manager. I went into the shop I would be working, upstairs to the staffroom where I had the interview. A week later I got offered the job and had a two-hour induction where I filled in paperwork, watched somebody on the till and then sat on the till for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you showed you were trustworthy.   1 Answer