T.K. Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.5

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx in October 2017.

Interview

Christmas temp people take part in a retail selection test and it is a basic personality test which takes about 30 mins and then the lady looked over it and said I did really good and wanted me for an interview the next day

Interview Questions

• A customer is getting angry because he is unhappy with an item of clothing he purchased what do you do?   Answer Question

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Went to the store to hand in my cv from there I was offered an interview and in the interview they asked the practical questions first like availability then the work related questions

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Nottingham, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Positive experience. Had to complete a questionnaire about my personality and how I would deal some scenarios in the shop. After completing that I had a ten-minute interview with one of the store's managers.

Interview Questions

• What did you like the most in your last job and what the least?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx in August 2017.

Interview

I was invited for interview after taking my CV into store. The interview was conducted by two members of the leadership team and included questions about the store, their brands and my personal qualities and experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx in April 2017.

Interview

Had an I week process from start to when I got my rejection..absolute joke dragging it on that long..had 2 phone interviews a store interview a insight day and a meeting with area manager..used my days off from my own job didn't have a full day off to myself for 4 for the weeks only to be told I didn't get it..too long to leave someone in limbo not knowing and dragging them threw everything only for a rejection

Logistics Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. CV and personal letter
    2. Online assessment tests: Reading, maths and logical
    3. Online one-way interview, three basic interview questions, where you have some 30 seconds to think of an answer.
    4. Assessment centre, one individual exercise & presentation, one interview, two group exercises, questions to a logistics manager,

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I got out from my comfort zone and the results of it.   1 Answer

Buying and Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application,
    Video Interview was quite tough, I was surprised to get through to the next stage, they seemed to ask lots of similar questions so I felt like I was repeating myself a lot. They asked about why you want to work for T.K.Maxx, What I know about Off-price retailing, how i would fit in with the company, the culture the company.
     Assessment Centre involved and hour long interview, they keep asking em to expand on my answers so make sure you have a lot of say without waffling. 2 group tasks were straightforward, and an analytical task, which was quite hard in the time limit but I get a bit freaked out by numbers anyway so wasn't my strongest point.

Buying and Merchandising Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

Initially, I had to submit my CV and some relatively lengthy application questions. Following this I completed three online assessments (Numerical, Verbal and Logic) and was given a video interview.

The video interview itself was generally fine, although it is one sided and the questions are pre-recorded; this meant I felt quite uncomfortable answering the questions whilst simply looking at a big video of myself. In addition, some questions seemed very similar, e.g. I was asked both 'Outline the off-price model of buying' and 'Outline the off-price model of merchandising.' I felt this restricted me a little and I struggled to fill the time with my answer.

Interview Questions

• What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Just called in for an interview which was actually a sales questionnaire we had to fill in ,was told will get a call next week for an interview if they are satisfied ,which I didn't so I guess I didn't pass

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was not the best experience, the interviewer (manager )didn't even tell me his name and was quite rude to be completely honest. I wouldn't apply for that store again. Also they do not give you feedback to say you didn't get the job. He also took a phone call and cut the interview short giving no reason to why.