T.K. Maxx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.K. Maxx Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.5

Logistics Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. CV and personal letter
    2. Online assessment tests: Reading, maths and logical
    3. Online one-way interview, three basic interview questions, where you have some 30 seconds to think of an answer.
    4. Assessment centre, one individual exercise & presentation, one interview, two group exercises, questions to a logistics manager,

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I got out from my comfort zone and the results of it.   1 Answer

Buying and Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application,
    Video Interview was quite tough, I was surprised to get through to the next stage, they seemed to ask lots of similar questions so I felt like I was repeating myself a lot. They asked about why you want to work for T.K.Maxx, What I know about Off-price retailing, how i would fit in with the company, the culture the company.
     Assessment Centre involved and hour long interview, they keep asking em to expand on my answers so make sure you have a lot of say without waffling. 2 group tasks were straightforward, and an analytical task, which was quite hard in the time limit but I get a bit freaked out by numbers anyway so wasn't my strongest point.

Buying and Merchandising Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

Initially, I had to submit my CV and some relatively lengthy application questions. Following this I completed three online assessments (Numerical, Verbal and Logic) and was given a video interview.

The video interview itself was generally fine, although it is one sided and the questions are pre-recorded; this meant I felt quite uncomfortable answering the questions whilst simply looking at a big video of myself. In addition, some questions seemed very similar, e.g. I was asked both 'Outline the off-price model of buying' and 'Outline the off-price model of merchandising.' I felt this restricted me a little and I struggled to fill the time with my answer.

Interview Questions

• What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Just called in for an interview which was actually a sales questionnaire we had to fill in ,was told will get a call next week for an interview if they are satisfied ,which I didn't so I guess I didn't pass

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was not the best experience, the interviewer (manager )didn't even tell me his name and was quite rude to be completely honest. I wouldn't apply for that store again. Also they do not give you feedback to say you didn't get the job. He also took a phone call and cut the interview short giving no reason to why.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Group Assessment - They gave me a list of scenario type questions with multiple choice (I presume each answer has corresponding points) and ask you for your availability. They told us that we will be getting a call the next day if you are getting invited for an interview. I got a call the next day, very hopeful as I was expecting good news but they were just calling to say that I was a few points short of passing and that they will keep me posted for the next group assessment.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Walsall, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview in which four of us were taken upstairs to the staff room and asked to sit. Ryan the manager explained that we were going to do a customer service situational test and a test about ourselves. When we were finished we could leave

Interview Questions

• If you saw a woman in a wheelchair struggling with three large bags what would you do?   Answer Question

Merchandising and Buying Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process involved a digital interview as well as a face to face interview if you made it to the assessment centre. In the face to face interviews you were made to feel very comfortable and I think the interviewer was looking to bring out the best in you and see what you had to offer. Overall it was a positive experience even though I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• What is one brand you would like to see us sell that we don't already?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wigan, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Wigan, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I have had nothing but problems with the entire recruitment process. applied for the job online it took them over 2 weeks to reply. Then it took them 7 days to confirm my interview slot - despite me replying to them minutes after they sent me an email regarding interview slots. They confirmed my interview the evening before the interview and the minutes later sent me an email saying the slots I requested were not available so I had to phone up and email them again to find out whether I had an interview or not for the following day. At the interview it was in three parts you had to complete the first two before reaching the third one. They took you into a separate room one at a time to inform you whether or not you had gotten to the third stage. Unfortunately I did not, they did not explain how I was tested when delivering the verdict just stated you have not got the place, it was only when I asked them where the fault was that they said 'you did exceedingly well on three out of the four sections, but unfortunately we cannot take you on because of that last section' and then went on to say 'if you reapplied the next time their is vacancies you would definitely get the job, because usually we would employ people with that score.' Personally, I found that laughable and it was the biggest kick in the teeth ever and not only that rather than telling everyone to take their belongings with them to the one-to-one meeting you had to go back and face everyone else that was applying for the job with you and put on a brave face whether you got the job or not. I just find that extremely poorly thought out and disrespectful, it was uncomfortable to watch people come in and remove their belongings and it was also uncomfortable for me to go back and remove my belongings. Overall, that is disgraceful.

Interview Questions

• I did not get to that stage, I spent 2 hours doing a shop floor activity and a retail recruitment questionnaire. The questions on the questionnaire are extremely ambiguous and poorly explained.

For example

Tick one
      1. I forget something straight away after being told.
      2. I forget something a few hours after being told.
      3. I forget something the day after being told.

I asked forget what? Is it something important, is it a dispute between me and another member of staff, what is it that I am forgetting? Nobody could answer my question.

I am extremely disappointed with the TK Maxx interview process from start to finish.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Invited to an assessment session with around 15 other candidates, and then completed a customer service test. Questions were fairly simple and can be completed by anybody regardless of past experience. Group exercises included looking at pictures of various parts of the store and identifying the problems. Found out as much as possible about the candidate next to you and present back to rest of group.

Interview Questions

• Is there an event in your life that you're particularly proud of?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about TK Maxx? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question