T.K. Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.2

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email giving you time slots on what is best for you. Filled in an application form of basic details such as employment and experience. It began with them introducing themselves and then we were put into pairs to learn about each other and present back on what we learnt about the other person. We were then put into groups of three or four and asked to pick two items from the table and present them on why we chose them/prices/functionality etc. After that, we had a test of customer service and had a 1 on 1 where they ask to tell them about yourself, your hours and why you want to work for them. The process was very enjoyable and fun!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T.K. Maxx

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

You can drop your cv in store and hope you get a call if vacancies are available. Once you get a call either you will be asked to do a small initial test or will directly be called for the interview depending on the time you apply for the job (Christmas temporary associates do the test).

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

Applied via CV to the store, received a 1:1 interview and got the job on the spot. In your CV mention how TK MAxx operates, it is very important to them that you understand how the business runs as it is a very unique and different way of operating on the highstreet

Interview Questions

• they ask about expereince, charity, understanding of the business (off price)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Just called in for an interview which was actually a sales questionnaire we had to fill in ,was told will get a call next week for an interview if they are satisfied ,which I didn't so I guess I didn't pass

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was not the best experience, the interviewer (manager )didn't even tell me his name and was quite rude to be completely honest. I wouldn't apply for that store again. Also they do not give you feedback to say you didn't get the job. He also took a phone call and cut the interview short giving no reason to why.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torquay, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Torquay, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

A phone interview happened first, where I was aksed very brief questions about previous emplyment and a few simple questions about certain situations, i.e. customer service. Then when you are accepted to come in to the store for an interview the first thing is a questionnaire to fill out, which tests your personality and skills. The questionnaire is quite tricky; I was told that only 35% of people pass it. If you pass that then you recieve a 1-1 interview, which was much easy than the questionnaire and very relaxed; they care more about you as a person rather than what skills you possess.

Interview Questions

• How do you cope in a situation where you need to do two things?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The first part of the interview process included filling out an assessment based on customer service skills and your own personal characteristics. You then speak with the store manager briefly on why you want to work at TK Maxx. The interview process was easy, however, the branch I applied for was highly disorganized. They gave me a position and a start date, however, a few days later changed the start date and never contacted me again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at TK Maxx   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received email for a interview. The interview first involved a group interview working in groups on a task, about what items would you take to a deserted island, Then we had to complete written questionnaire test ( there were two parts). After this was completed we were called for a 1:1 interview and several questions were asked. Then the next day received a call for a second interview. The second interview was another group interview involving ideas for fundraising for charities TK maxx is involved with, then we had to present again back to the group. Then received a call the next day to say I was successful

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work here?
      what do you know about tk maxx?
      what motivates you to provide good customer service?
      when did you to think on you feet?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wigan, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Wigan, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I have had nothing but problems with the entire recruitment process. applied for the job online it took them over 2 weeks to reply. Then it took them 7 days to confirm my interview slot - despite me replying to them minutes after they sent me an email regarding interview slots. They confirmed my interview the evening before the interview and the minutes later sent me an email saying the slots I requested were not available so I had to phone up and email them again to find out whether I had an interview or not for the following day. At the interview it was in three parts you had to complete the first two before reaching the third one. They took you into a separate room one at a time to inform you whether or not you had gotten to the third stage. Unfortunately I did not, they did not explain how I was tested when delivering the verdict just stated you have not got the place, it was only when I asked them where the fault was that they said 'you did exceedingly well on three out of the four sections, but unfortunately we cannot take you on because of that last section' and then went on to say 'if you reapplied the next time their is vacancies you would definitely get the job, because usually we would employ people with that score.' Personally, I found that laughable and it was the biggest kick in the teeth ever and not only that rather than telling everyone to take their belongings with them to the one-to-one meeting you had to go back and face everyone else that was applying for the job with you and put on a brave face whether you got the job or not. I just find that extremely poorly thought out and disrespectful, it was uncomfortable to watch people come in and remove their belongings and it was also uncomfortable for me to go back and remove my belongings. Overall, that is disgraceful.

Interview Questions

• I did not get to that stage, I spent 2 hours doing a shop floor activity and a retail recruitment questionnaire. The questions on the questionnaire are extremely ambiguous and poorly explained.

For example

Tick one
      1. I forget something straight away after being told.
      2. I forget something a few hours after being told.
      3. I forget something the day after being told.

I asked forget what? Is it something important, is it a dispute between me and another member of staff, what is it that I am forgetting? Nobody could answer my question.

I am extremely disappointed with the TK Maxx interview process from start to finish.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Invited to an assessment session with around 15 other candidates, and then completed a customer service test. Questions were fairly simple and can be completed by anybody regardless of past experience. Group exercises included looking at pictures of various parts of the store and identifying the problems. Found out as much as possible about the candidate next to you and present back to rest of group.

Interview Questions

• Is there an event in your life that you're particularly proud of?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about TK Maxx? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question