T.K. Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T.K. Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Just called in for an interview which was actually a sales questionnaire we had to fill in ,was told will get a call next week for an interview if they are satisfied ,which I didn't so I guess I didn't pass

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T.K. Maxx

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was not the best experience, the interviewer (manager )didn't even tell me his name and was quite rude to be completely honest. I wouldn't apply for that store again. Also they do not give you feedback to say you didn't get the job. He also took a phone call and cut the interview short giving no reason to why.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received email for a interview. The interview first involved a group interview working in groups on a task, about what items would you take to a deserted island, Then we had to complete written questionnaire test ( there were two parts). After this was completed we were called for a 1:1 interview and several questions were asked. Then the next day received a call for a second interview. The second interview was another group interview involving ideas for fundraising for charities TK maxx is involved with, then we had to present again back to the group. Then received a call the next day to say I was successful

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work here?
      what do you know about tk maxx?
      what motivates you to provide good customer service?
      when did you to think on you feet?

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wigan, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Wigan, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I have had nothing but problems with the entire recruitment process. applied for the job online it took them over 2 weeks to reply. Then it took them 7 days to confirm my interview slot - despite me replying to them minutes after they sent me an email regarding interview slots. They confirmed my interview the evening before the interview and the minutes later sent me an email saying the slots I requested were not available so I had to phone up and email them again to find out whether I had an interview or not for the following day. At the interview it was in three parts you had to complete the first two before reaching the third one. They took you into a separate room one at a time to inform you whether or not you had gotten to the third stage. Unfortunately I did not, they did not explain how I was tested when delivering the verdict just stated you have not got the place, it was only when I asked them where the fault was that they said 'you did exceedingly well on three out of the four sections, but unfortunately we cannot take you on because of that last section' and then went on to say 'if you reapplied the next time their is vacancies you would definitely get the job, because usually we would employ people with that score.' Personally, I found that laughable and it was the biggest kick in the teeth ever and not only that rather than telling everyone to take their belongings with them to the one-to-one meeting you had to go back and face everyone else that was applying for the job with you and put on a brave face whether you got the job or not. I just find that extremely poorly thought out and disrespectful, it was uncomfortable to watch people come in and remove their belongings and it was also uncomfortable for me to go back and remove my belongings. Overall, that is disgraceful.

Interview Questions

• I did not get to that stage, I spent 2 hours doing a shop floor activity and a retail recruitment questionnaire. The questions on the questionnaire are extremely ambiguous and poorly explained.

For example

Tick one
      1. I forget something straight away after being told.
      2. I forget something a few hours after being told.
      3. I forget something the day after being told.

I asked forget what? Is it something important, is it a dispute between me and another member of staff, what is it that I am forgetting? Nobody could answer my question.

I am extremely disappointed with the TK Maxx interview process from start to finish.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Invited to an assessment session with around 15 other candidates, and then completed a customer service test. Questions were fairly simple and can be completed by anybody regardless of past experience. Group exercises included looking at pictures of various parts of the store and identifying the problems. Found out as much as possible about the candidate next to you and present back to rest of group.

Interview Questions

• Is there an event in your life that you're particularly proud of?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about TK Maxx? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was pretty easy. When I arrived we were put into groups of 2 or 3 and we had to find out information on the other person and then present it to the rest of the groups. Next you have to take a short questionnaire where you had to say which statement applied to you. We were then taken to do 1:1 interviews, it was more of a chat than an interview and we just talked about my CV.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castlebar (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Castlebar (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

Had to fill out a multi choice question sheet with 10 scenarios, explaining a reasoning for each one. Was quite challenging some of the questions as answers were very similar. Interview was very FORMAL. Interviewer showed no emotion, read questions straight from sheet and wrote answers, no eye contact.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about TK Maxx?   1 Answer

Told me that they had only part time jobs available, I was looking for full time

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Friendly at interview.
    First stage of interview, was left in a room to complete some questions. There were 10 which were multiple choice and then you had to write a brief explanation as to why you chose your answer. Second part was going through application form and expanding on it.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came to you with a query and you were about to go into your break or finish your shift, what would you do? And why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnley, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Burnley, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Application filled out then asked to complete a test which consisted of numerous questions about health and safety customer service etc then I got my results and was asked if I would like to join the team and had to return a few days later fir my induction

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I apply direct at there branch .They give you to complete some question ( is not very hard ) and if you pass they call you for the second one, were they ask question about there brand and about you.

Interview Questions

• Were do you hear about tk maxx?
      what do you know about retail?
      How was your first experience in tk maxx?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I had the possibility to tell about the hours I want ( but in that period I was low on money and I say I am flexible ) - DON'T DO THAT !