T.K. Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.2

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

After initial application (I applied online), they have a group interview, which can vary in size depending on the stores needs.

Be prepared for team based activities and random questions looking for creative and upbeat answers. They want to know that you can be a team player, know about the company and about excellent customer service - but they especially want polite, friendly and happy staff (you need to be a 'happy-go-lucky' kinda person to get the most out of TK Maxx anyway!)

Interview Questions

• - What you know about the company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for T.K. Maxx

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email giving you time slots on what is best for you. Filled in an application form of basic details such as employment and experience. It began with them introducing themselves and then we were put into pairs to learn about each other and present back on what we learnt about the other person. We were then put into groups of three or four and asked to pick two items from the table and present them on why we chose them/prices/functionality etc. After that, we had a test of customer service and had a 1 on 1 where they ask to tell them about yourself, your hours and why you want to work for them. The process was very enjoyable and fun!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very calm and comforting due to interviewers kindness- the questions were not that difficult and were related to the job so nothing to worry about. The process was quick too; I got a reply within days!

Interview Questions

• What does Tk Maxx mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

You can drop your cv in store and hope you get a call if vacancies are available. Once you get a call either you will be asked to do a small initial test or will directly be called for the interview depending on the time you apply for the job (Christmas temporary associates do the test).

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

Applied via CV to the store, received a 1:1 interview and got the job on the spot. In your CV mention how TK MAxx operates, it is very important to them that you understand how the business runs as it is a very unique and different way of operating on the highstreet

Interview Questions

• they ask about expereince, charity, understanding of the business (off price)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Just called in for an interview which was actually a sales questionnaire we had to fill in ,was told will get a call next week for an interview if they are satisfied ,which I didn't so I guess I didn't pass

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torquay, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Torquay, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

A phone interview happened first, where I was aksed very brief questions about previous emplyment and a few simple questions about certain situations, i.e. customer service. Then when you are accepted to come in to the store for an interview the first thing is a questionnaire to fill out, which tests your personality and skills. The questionnaire is quite tricky; I was told that only 35% of people pass it. If you pass that then you recieve a 1-1 interview, which was much easy than the questionnaire and very relaxed; they care more about you as a person rather than what skills you possess.

Interview Questions

• How do you cope in a situation where you need to do two things?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Was not the best experience, the interviewer (manager )didn't even tell me his name and was quite rude to be completely honest. I wouldn't apply for that store again. Also they do not give you feedback to say you didn't get the job. He also took a phone call and cut the interview short giving no reason to why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The first part of the interview process included filling out an assessment based on customer service skills and your own personal characteristics. You then speak with the store manager briefly on why you want to work at TK Maxx. The interview process was easy, however, the branch I applied for was highly disorganized. They gave me a position and a start date, however, a few days later changed the start date and never contacted me again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at TK Maxx   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received email for a interview. The interview first involved a group interview working in groups on a task, about what items would you take to a deserted island, Then we had to complete written questionnaire test ( there were two parts). After this was completed we were called for a 1:1 interview and several questions were asked. Then the next day received a call for a second interview. The second interview was another group interview involving ideas for fundraising for charities TK maxx is involved with, then we had to present again back to the group. Then received a call the next day to say I was successful

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work here?
      what do you know about tk maxx?
      what motivates you to provide good customer service?
      when did you to think on you feet?   Answer Question