T.K. Maxx Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.3

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email giving you time slots on what is best for you. Filled in an application form of basic details such as employment and experience. It began with them introducing themselves and then we were put into pairs to learn about each other and present back on what we learnt about the other person. We were then put into groups of three or four and asked to pick two items from the table and present them on why we chose them/prices/functionality etc. After that, we had a test of customer service and had a 1 on 1 where they ask to tell them about yourself, your hours and why you want to work for them. The process was very enjoyable and fun!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

You can drop your cv in store and hope you get a call if vacancies are available. Once you get a call either you will be asked to do a small initial test or will directly be called for the interview depending on the time you apply for the job (Christmas temporary associates do the test).

European Finance Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Step 1: Online application form including motivation questions.
    Step 2: numerical and verbal reasoning tests, followed by an online interview.
    Step 3: Assessment centre lasting a day in Watford, including an individual presentation, 2 on 1 interview and 2 group tasks.
    A fun process and excellent communication from the early careers team along the way.

Logistics Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. CV and personal letter
    2. Online assessment tests: Reading, maths and logical
    3. Online one-way interview, three basic interview questions, where you have some 30 seconds to think of an answer.
    4. Assessment centre, one individual exercise & presentation, one interview, two group exercises, questions to a logistics manager,

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I got out from my comfort zone and the results of it.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

All positive, lasted about an hour, friendly staff, group activity and interview. Fairly relaxed, large open office space, group activity followed by a paper test and then a one on one interview to talk about cv, reasons for applying, hours, why you applied

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Saint Helens, West Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

It was very casual, we got interviewed in groups and had a lot of tasks which involved picking up a item from the shop floor that best describes us and explaining to the group why we picked it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate i took the 12 hours on offer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Thurrock, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (West Thurrock, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I went for a group interview not many questions were asked you just had to complete 2 tests which asked you questions such as if you were in this situation what would you do and you have 3 choices and have to pick one

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer approached you?   1 Answer

Buying and Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application,
    Video Interview was quite tough, I was surprised to get through to the next stage, they seemed to ask lots of similar questions so I felt like I was repeating myself a lot. They asked about why you want to work for T.K.Maxx, What I know about Off-price retailing, how i would fit in with the company, the culture the company.
     Assessment Centre involved and hour long interview, they keep asking em to expand on my answers so make sure you have a lot of say without waffling. 2 group tasks were straightforward, and an analytical task, which was quite hard in the time limit but I get a bit freaked out by numbers anyway so wasn't my strongest point.

Buying and Merchandising Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx.

Interview

Initially, I had to submit my CV and some relatively lengthy application questions. Following this I completed three online assessments (Numerical, Verbal and Logic) and was given a video interview.

The video interview itself was generally fine, although it is one sided and the questions are pre-recorded; this meant I felt quite uncomfortable answering the questions whilst simply looking at a big video of myself. In addition, some questions seemed very similar, e.g. I was asked both 'Outline the off-price model of buying' and 'Outline the off-price model of merchandising.' I felt this restricted me a little and I struggled to fill the time with my answer.

Interview Questions

• What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you and why?   Answer Question

X-mas Temps Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T.K. Maxx (Nottingham, England (UK)).

Interview

2 stage interview process is there.first round is written.i this you have mark your worst and best answers in the sheet given by them.i think total of 50 questions were there.then for those who have passed the 1st round,they have to go for the 2nd round in which some questions were asked about yourself like why tk maxx and some practical based questions.