T-Mobile Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T-Mobile Business Development Manager Interview Questions

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

great interview very easy spoke with recruiter on a monday was in the office on wednesday for a face to face. Was brought back in that following monday for a presentation and made offer that wednesday.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Decent communication throughout the process. HR kept commitments. No surprises or misleading statements regarding the position. I believed T-Mobile had a solid hiring process. I specifically liked when they did not know an answer to one of my questions, that would not wing it and they would get back to me on a timely basis with an answer

Interview Questions

• Worst failure in sales process   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negations. However, package was not bad. Above par for the industry

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Sunrise, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

IF you don't already work there in another position, forget it. They hire from within 90% of the time. Unless you know or get to know the actual manager where you want to work you have 0% chance. This is a team oriented environment and they are very selective about who is on the team. Race, gender, orientation have no affect. They want the best. period.
    You usually have to prove yourself in the market lower to the position you are applying for before you can move up.
    1. look for the open position and apply. ( Best to have a friend that already works on that team do a personal introduction to that manager.) They do not really publish the position or go over the resumes that flood in.

2.Do whatever you need to do to get the interview in front of the actual manager.

3. They will ask you a bunch of standard questions for sales, background and your future plans. Have a plan ready/ ASk for the job because your are the right fit. Sell yourself as if you would sell a customer a product. You will have 30-60 minutes.

4. If you semi closed the deal, you will be scheduled at least 2 field rides with 2 different sr. sales people on 2 different dates. This is more a personality test for the team, and they will try to just see if you can cold call without freezing up. If you can sell and talk to people in a professional way. You'll pass, unless you get the occasional A-Hole that wanted his friend to get the position. ( Very important that you know the team before applying or have a friend on the team)

5. Once you get to the next level, and interview (30 min.s) with the second level manager. You are already hired. unless you blow it here. Another personality test, and a little sales game or role play to see if you choke on the finish line. Pretty easy and no pressure.

6/ Background and driving record check. You better be clean and less than 4 points on license. At 10 points in 4 years you're history.

Entire Process after first interview takes45-60 days. You almost know from day one if you are going to get the position or not. They don't play with you.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question. What's your salary requirement?
       Too much; Adios.
      Too little; and you're stuck.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a cap, but will offer you less if you don't go in with the correct information.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

1st interview was a phone interview with a recruiter. The 2nd interview was on site where I had three different interviews the same day. Interviewed with two separate managers and then was asked to come back that day to meet with a Regional Manager. I had a follow up interview a week later and was offered the job. Process was very professional. It took exactly 4 weeks from the initial application to the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Very behavioral questions which is always expected in a sales role. They are definitely looking for a team player that will fit their culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are very aggressive with there offer, and it will be different based on where the position is located do to different cost of livings most likely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The New York office conducts a group interview under the guise of Hiring Seminar. At which time you will have to make a small presentation with a group of candidates. The good ole boys roam about and observe your behavior and interaction within the group. If they like you, you will be called in for the standard behavioral interview. HOWEVER, prior to the interview or any job offer you are required to complete a HireRight background screen. Under the T-Mobile guidelines if you have a SPEEDING TICKET you will not meet their hiring criteria. ;) Sure.

Interview Questions

• S.T.A.R interview.
      look regardless of the interview the screening process is simple, will your ethnicity FIT their office culture!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

First a recruiter contacts you. Then you go for an in person interview. Once you have that interview you move forward to phone interview. Final interview is a sales pitch presentation then you go before the director.

Interview Questions

• They always ask different questions but they usual tell me about your self or what makes you so good kind of thing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated twice but then had to make a choice

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Multiple step interview process, both technical and functional. Complex and time consuming. First level screening interview and then call by HR specialist to check your overall suitability for the job including your current benefits. Then follows the behavioral questions, in person interview and then final interview by the leadership level.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario where you worked under pressure to meet a deliverable?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Two of the easiest interviews I have ever been on

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were not succesful in a sale and what would you change?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2011.

Interview

Interview by an internal recruiter.
    Interview with 2 Managers.
    Interview with Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• What is my coping mechanism and how do I manage change personally.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is available, however there is limited, it goes back through HR and Finance and is not guaranteed. They try to offer the most competitive offers initially. Different markets get paid different amounts depending on regions and cost of living.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2011.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, Hiring manager phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult sale   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation