T-Mobile Interview Questions in Chattanooga, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

General Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

After taking an assessment, I was called to an interview about a week later. I met with two coaches (3rd from entry level rep) and was asked the normal interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application and filling out their questionnaire, I immediately received an email to complete a secondary application that wanted more details. The next day I got an email asking me to complete a video interview, which was an on-demand video interview where I was required to record myself answering various STAR type questions as well as some basic questions about myself. A few hours after I submitted my video interview I was called to schedule a face-to-face interview. The questions asked at the in-person interview were easier to me than the ones in the video interview (still mostly STAR questions) - except the one in person also involved a mock call where I was the representative and my interviewer (after leaving the room and being gone for 10 minutes) called and played the customer who was canceling service. I managed to not get her to cancel outright but to switch to a different service. 2 days later I got a call to complete a background check and to go in for "a day in the life" the following week (which is like a job shadowing experience).

Interview Questions

• In the video interview: Give an example from any job where a customer had a complaint. What did you do to resolve it and/or make it a good experience for the customer?   Answer Question
    • The in-person interview: Tell me about a time your work was very stressful to you (they want details)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Application, assessment, video interview done over computer, in person interview, day in the life, background check, acceptance or denial. It was a long and drawn out two month process. Didn't know what was going on half the time. Finally got a response as I was ready to give up

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Submitted app online with employee reference. Was originally denied but showed up for a hiring event and spoke with a recruiter. Was asked to come back for the "day in the life" experience. Got a call about two weeks later for an interview. The interview was simple. Basic questions about why T-mobile and why I'm a good fit for the position. A few questions about my greatest strengths and weaknesses. How I've dealt with angry customers, messed up at a job, applied feedback from a supervisor, company policy I didn't agree with, etc. They really just want to know that you can admit when you've made a mistake, but also were able to correct it and move forward without it hindering your performance overall. Be thorough with your answers. They like details, but don't be wordy. Don't just ramble. It's also a reflection of your communication skills. Also included a brief role play: you're given a sheet of info that tells you everything you need to know about the situation. The interviewer leaves the room and calls a phone inside the room and plays the customer. For mine the customer wanted to cancel their service and had to offer a service that would be a better fit to keep them from canceling. Everything is on the sheet they give you so you don't really even have to think about it. You just need a friendly and professional tone. Sound confident and you're in.

Negotiation

No negotiating. They make an offer based on experience and education. Average starting pay is between $11-$13 hr.

Customer Service & Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online through the T-Mobile website. Got a call back about a week later and answered some pre-interview questions over the phone. Was invited to "A Day In the Life" where you see a presentation about the company, position, and benefits and then go sit with a rep to listen to actual calls. Was then sent an e-mail to choose my interview date.

It's a behavioral interview so the questions are like "Tell me about a time when..." and they are looking for specific examples from your past work history so it's best to practice at home first. They use the S.T.A.R. method: state the SITUATION/TASK, explain what ACTIONS you took to handle it, and tell the RESULTS.

After the questions, I was left alone and given 10 minutes to study a paper about a mock company (you are not required to memorize it though). Then, the interviewer called me from another room acting like an actual customer calling to cancel service and I was expected to convince her not to cancel and present her with different options more suitable.

She came back in the room and asked if I had any limitations on my schedule and said they were going to run a background check which took about 7 business days to complete. Then they called me with the job offer. I start in a week!!

Interview Questions

• 1) Name a time you had an irate customer. What techniques did you use to calm him down and what were the results?

2) Name a time you disagreed with a policy put in place by your supervisor/company and how did you handle it?

3) Name a time you received criticism from a supervisor/co-worker and how did you improve from it?

4) Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?   1 Answer

Customer Service and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

Went through whole hiring process; online application and assessment, "day in the life" orientation, and interview with supervisors in the customer service department. All of the questions were behavioral questions, none about skills, experience and other "normal" interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They wanted you to answer the questions in a specific way or they would not record your response.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

The type of interview you can expect is situational. That means, you will be asked questions that start with "Tell me about a time . . . " To successfully navigate these questions, you will need to have several "stories" about situations you encountered at past jobs. When answering the questions, think S.T.A.R Situation or Task (what happened), Actions (what you did) and Results (what was the outcome).

The things you will be asked about are times when a customer was angry and took it out on you (normally this is verbally), how you receive feedback, how you responded when you got feedback you disagreed with, and how you decide what you will present by way of sales, to a customer. (This is key because T-Mobile has moved to a sales to service culture).

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not meet metrics or goals. What did your supervisor do/say. What did you do in response and the final outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I used my customer facing experience to start at the top hourly rate, $14.00 per hour instead of the lower rate $12.00

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

I put an application online, recieved an email a day later to come in to "a day in the life" which is basically a tour of T-Mobiles call center & you get to sit down with Customer Service Reps listening in on how they handle daily customer conflicts. At the end of the tour if you beleive T-Mobile is the place for you, you get to scheduale an interview. The interview last about 45 min to an hour which is a 2 on 1 interview. All the questions they ask they want specific events that have happened in previous jobs, you have to explain in specific details. At the end of the interview they say they will contact you regarding their decision, I got an email 30 min after getting home requesting me to fill a background check application using HireRight. After a week HireRight verified my background T-Mobile called me with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were criticized & how did you improve from it?   Answer Question
    • What techniques would you use to sell me goods or services?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You dont get to negotiate they have a system that calculates your years of customer service experience to determine your pay rate.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very easy, the people was nice, some would call it a stress interview because two people was interviewing me but it wasn't bad at all, as long as you are sure of yourself, and answer the questions honest and look them in the eyes, smile and show confidence.
    Dont be nervous! It was simpleand didn't take long about a week later i got the call of an job offer, by the way the dont drug test and the background check is pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• Try to sell me this item
      Tell me about yourself
      Why do want to work here
      Do you work well with others   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied online and during the application I took a skills test. The test consisted of answering questions about how you would handle scenarios (least likely, most likely, etc), and also listening to mock phone calls and navigating the system while also picking the best responses to the customer.

I got an email a couple of days later asking me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic. It mostly just just covered my experience and explained the job requirements, hours, etc.

I was then scheduled to come into the call center for "a day in the life." We had a tour of the call center, and sat with two agents to listen in on calls (about half an hour each). One agent was still in training, the other was a seasoned agent. I thought this was good because it gives you a chance to see where you'll start out and where you'll be with some hard work and experience. They also did a slide-show presentation about different aspects of the department.

I then scheduled my in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people.... they went back and forth asking questions. They were pretty typical questions (tell me about a time you had to calm down an angry customer, etc.) I was told I should hear from HR within 10 days. They let you know if you don't get the job, they don't leave you hanging. I actually got a call later that day to fill out my background check info online.

I'm now in the background check stage. If that goes well, they will make an offer. I was told that rate of pay is based on your experience. After the background check confirms your employment history, they plug the number of months experience into a chart to determine pay and it is between $11-$13/hour plus the opportunity for bonuses.

Everyone I have met at T-Mobile from the security guards to the coaches have been extremely friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were not pleased with your performance. (I wasn't prepared for this one at all!)   Answer Question