T-Mobile Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.8

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Long, unorganized process took to long to go through, manager would not get back with any information, took an online test, made it all the way to background check after 3 interviews then never heard back with a job offer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for T-Mobile's "TechX Internship Program - Engineering Track" position back in November of 2016 for Chicago, Illinois.

I received an email from HR in early March of 2017 informing me that my application was selected for consideration. I received a second email shortly inviting me to an interviewing event in one of T-Mobile's corporate offices.

The event took place in a large conference room. It was hosted by HR representatives and six hiring managers. There were about 20-25 student applicants in total.

The interviewing event was about two and a half hours long. It consisted of small group interview rounds where applicants had a chance to interview with all the managers. There was also plenty of time allocated for personal networking. Food and refreshments were provided to the event. The overall setting was very comfortable and friendly. Everyone was encouraged to talk and ask questions about the internship positions.

Coming as a young college student in my early 20's with limited work experience this was one of the nicest interviews I have ever attended. It was an amazing opportunity to meet and discuss with high level regional managers and learn what roles they play in the company. No offers were made during the event to my knowledge. The HR representatives informed everyone that we will be informed about the managers decisions within a week.

After sending a follow up email a few days after the event, I got a call from an HR representative that I was selected to receive an offer from one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for the role?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself that stands out from your resume and technical qualifications.   Answer Question
    • What is a suggestion that you might have to solve this type of problem .............. ?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Brought in resume, got emailed, background check, went through one interview and one month of paid training and went into work right after I was comfortable and had a base knowledge of the plans and phones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Called in to check on status of application and he told me to come in the same Friday for an interview. It's been about 3 weeks I now have a second interview. Hope I get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Apply online then they call me for an interview on a store it was just answering multiple question about experience it was easy but it's hard to say that an interview like that works to hire anybody...
    I was expecting something more challenging. This was couple day ago still waiting for a call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have a difficult customer and how you handle the situation?   Answer Question

, Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got call from the recruiter in less than two weeks.The recruiter asked me about the basic things in my resume and asked me whether the compensation they provided was ok for me. The recruiter also described the role and asked me about how I would fit into it.
    After this, I was asked to schedule telephonic interview with Senior Business Analyst regarding the position. We discuss the potential project that the interns would be working in the summer and asked me if I had anything related to it. The interview went well and I was expecting I would make it to next round since I had previous experience in what the job profile demanded.
    I was called for onsite interview in Chicago which lasted for an hour. The recruiter and the senior business analyst were present as part of the interviewing team. Once again they asked me about the projects but this time in more detail and expected me to do more talking as compared to me.

Overall, it was not a difficult interview but I think I made it through since the role suited my experience and my current education.

Interview Questions

• About projects related to the project that they are intending me to work on.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

long online job application. The assessment questions are normal logic things a human should know. Took about a hour. great practice for interview questions in person. T mobile could make this easier

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was a half hour phone interview by a recruiter, who was really nice. This was followed by 2 separate Manager interviews - one with the manager who's team I would work on, and the second by a hiring manager from another team within the same department. Both of these interviews went really well, so Inwas recommended to a Director for an interview. I felt this interview went really well. BUT, after going through all of these interviews, they instituted a hiring freeze! Needless to say this was extremely frustrating and a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• If you could not get hold of a client prospect that you really want to do business with after multiple calls, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

interview went well, was interviewed I believe three different times, first time with assistant manager and store manager, second time store manager, third time district manager more like a meet and greet

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had previous experience with other carriers and I did, asked about what to do to gain sales or meet quotas, also was asked to describe customer facing scenarios and how you would handle them or how you did handle them in the past or present   Answer Question

Switch Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. After applying to the job posting on T-Mobile's website, I was contacted by a recruiter who organized everything and let me through the process. She made it clear that she was here to help and that I was free to ask any questions or voice any concerns. She was very available and usually got back to me within a few hours if I had to leave a voicemail.

She scheduled a phone interview between myself and the 2 managers of the team I was applying to. During the phone interview we went over my resume and they asked a few situational questions. Shortly after, the recruiter contacted me about setting up a face-to-face interview. I was able to work with her to schedule for a day where I could take time off my existing job at the time. At the face-to-face, the two managers were present along with 3 of the 4 senior techs. We went through my resume again, and the techs had a chance to ask me questions about it. The 2 managers asked a couple more questions that were more specific to the job, and the senior techs asked some personality and situational questions.

I was told that I should hear back within the week, and got a call the next afternoon from the recruiter with an informal job offer. I did negotiate starting salary, and when she got back to me with a second informal offer I verbally accepted and we discussed start dates. Once that was done I got my formal written offer that I had to electronically sign.

The only breakdown in communication was where I should report to on my first day. I knew what building to go to, but not specifically where. After sitting in the lobby for about a half hour, one of the senior techs came to get me, but it took a couple hours before they were able to get a spare PC and some logons so I could at least start doing some training. The second day went much more smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions relating to cell technology and data center procedure   Answer Question