T-Mobile Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.8

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for T-Mobile's "TechX Internship Program - Engineering Track" position back in November of 2016 for Chicago, Illinois.

I received an email from HR in early March of 2017 informing me that my application was selected for consideration. I received a second email shortly inviting me to an interviewing event in one of T-Mobile's corporate offices.

The event took place in a large conference room. It was hosted by HR representatives and six hiring managers. There were about 20-25 student applicants in total.

The interviewing event was about two and a half hours long. It consisted of small group interview rounds where applicants had a chance to interview with all the managers. There was also plenty of time allocated for personal networking. Food and refreshments were provided to the event. The overall setting was very comfortable and friendly. Everyone was encouraged to talk and ask questions about the internship positions.

Coming as a young college student in my early 20's with limited work experience this was one of the nicest interviews I have ever attended. It was an amazing opportunity to meet and discuss with high level regional managers and learn what roles they play in the company. No offers were made during the event to my knowledge. The HR representatives informed everyone that we will be informed about the managers decisions within a week.

After sending a follow up email a few days after the event, I got a call from an HR representative that I was selected to receive an offer from one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for the role?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself that stands out from your resume and technical qualifications.   Answer Question
    • What is a suggestion that you might have to solve this type of problem .............. ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Called in to check on status of application and he told me to come in the same Friday for an interview. It's been about 3 weeks I now have a second interview. Hope I get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Apply online then they call me for an interview on a store it was just answering multiple question about experience it was easy but it's hard to say that an interview like that works to hire anybody...
    I was expecting something more challenging. This was couple day ago still waiting for a call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have a difficult customer and how you handle the situation?   Answer Question

, Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got call from the recruiter in less than two weeks.The recruiter asked me about the basic things in my resume and asked me whether the compensation they provided was ok for me. The recruiter also described the role and asked me about how I would fit into it.
    After this, I was asked to schedule telephonic interview with Senior Business Analyst regarding the position. We discuss the potential project that the interns would be working in the summer and asked me if I had anything related to it. The interview went well and I was expecting I would make it to next round since I had previous experience in what the job profile demanded.
    I was called for onsite interview in Chicago which lasted for an hour. The recruiter and the senior business analyst were present as part of the interviewing team. Once again they asked me about the projects but this time in more detail and expected me to do more talking as compared to me.

Overall, it was not a difficult interview but I think I made it through since the role suited my experience and my current education.

Interview Questions

• About projects related to the project that they are intending me to work on.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was a half hour phone interview by a recruiter, who was really nice. This was followed by 2 separate Manager interviews - one with the manager who's team I would work on, and the second by a hiring manager from another team within the same department. Both of these interviews went really well, so Inwas recommended to a Director for an interview. I felt this interview went really well. BUT, after going through all of these interviews, they instituted a hiring freeze! Needless to say this was extremely frustrating and a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• If you could not get hold of a client prospect that you really want to do business with after multiple calls, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

interview went well, was interviewed I believe three different times, first time with assistant manager and store manager, second time store manager, third time district manager more like a meet and greet

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had previous experience with other carriers and I did, asked about what to do to gain sales or meet quotas, also was asked to describe customer facing scenarios and how you would handle them or how you did handle them in the past or present   Answer Question

Switch Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. After applying to the job posting on T-Mobile's website, I was contacted by a recruiter who organized everything and let me through the process. She made it clear that she was here to help and that I was free to ask any questions or voice any concerns. She was very available and usually got back to me within a few hours if I had to leave a voicemail.

She scheduled a phone interview between myself and the 2 managers of the team I was applying to. During the phone interview we went over my resume and they asked a few situational questions. Shortly after, the recruiter contacted me about setting up a face-to-face interview. I was able to work with her to schedule for a day where I could take time off my existing job at the time. At the face-to-face, the two managers were present along with 3 of the 4 senior techs. We went through my resume again, and the techs had a chance to ask me questions about it. The 2 managers asked a couple more questions that were more specific to the job, and the senior techs asked some personality and situational questions.

I was told that I should hear back within the week, and got a call the next afternoon from the recruiter with an informal job offer. I did negotiate starting salary, and when she got back to me with a second informal offer I verbally accepted and we discussed start dates. Once that was done I got my formal written offer that I had to electronically sign.

The only breakdown in communication was where I should report to on my first day. I knew what building to go to, but not specifically where. After sitting in the lobby for about a half hour, one of the senior techs came to get me, but it took a couple hours before they were able to get a spare PC and some logons so I could at least start doing some training. The second day went much more smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions relating to cell technology and data center procedure   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Downers Grove, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, but not too challenging. I received a call from an out of state recruiter that initiated everything. She was pleasant through and through. I was put through a series of skills test for commonly used software. I then received a follow up from a Local Manager, who perpetuated the same spirit. I was emailed an Excel test, and a Power Point presentation test. Both items were an attempt to gauge a candidates knowledge. I didn't successfully complete the Excel test, but was still kept in the running. An offer to redo it was presented later during my face to face interview.

After this portion of the process was complete, I was invited to the Downers Grove office for an interview. I originally applied in what I believe was March, and the face to face interview didn't take place until June. However, T-Mobile is very transparent regarding the interview process, which I believe to be advertised as 8 steps. During all of this I was relocating from out of state, also completing college, and participating in graduation. Needless to say some steps were time consuming, but a test of your ability to balance is right there up front. The interview involved both the Local Manager and the Director of Sales. I felt as though there was a good cop bad cop methodology to the process. The Director's tone was very pointed throughout the interview, and at times I felt as though he was drilling me with questions. I don't typically or easily lose my cool, but definitely felt as though I was in the proverbial hot seat. It was definitely a question/answer format, with the very standard "tell us about yourself" as the opener. What's worse is after everything that was involved, I never even so much as received a rejection email.

Wouldn't go through something like this again, but company's have the right to be incredibly selective. After all, if you can't cut it during the interview process, then you're likely not right in such a stressful role as Support Specialist. All in all I was left feeling pretty neutral about everything, but certainly would have felt positive had I received a formal rejection, as opposed to the "don't call us we'll call you" silent treatment. I'm a very fair person, one who assumes responsibility, and completely understands not being a desirable candidate after all. It's just nice to have that expressed to you, when an interview process is so involved.

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Melrose Park, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Basically you apply online through their tpr link. Personally, I like to hand my resume to the manager in person as I feel it ups your chances in being selected for the position since they have seen your face.
    Since handing in my resume, it took around a week for me to get a call and schedule an interview. I went into a TPR T-Mobile store and spoke to the RGM and we chatted about my experiences in sales, and about my personal life a bit. He talked a bit about the benefits with working with their TPR store, as he could tell from my expression that I had come to the dumb conclusion to think that this was a corporate store, such as health benefits for FULL-TIME employees and which was the position I was offered, spiff club for selling accessories, commission, and discount on plans. From there on, the RGM liked my responses and sent me another link in my email to take an assessment test that takes around 3 hours.
    This assessment is crucial in getting you hired, a lot of potential new hires are disregarded if they fail this test and they don't make exemptions even if the store is short staffed, and the questions asked typically test you for your typing speed, reasoning, vocabulary, and personality although I believe it is utterly a waste of time and too incoherent to properly pass. If you pass miraculously the RGM then asks the owner of Mobility Innovation, John Wober, to check out your resume and score on said test to see if you get the approval to continue on to the offer. So it took me around 3 weeks from the application to my first day at this location however due to a lack of communication from upper management, I've seen potential new hires wait as long as 3 months to even hear a response.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with working in a goal driven environment? Can you share any experiences you had in the past with meeting goals and how did you (if ever) surpass these goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple standard interview had a small phone interview then interviewed with store manager and district manager basically walked through what an employee does and gave a background of T-mobile and what sets it apart