T-Mobile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T-Mobile Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

Expert Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

The process is straight forward. They schedule you an interview with the site director and an HR partner. One round interviews are the latest craze when they're normally 2 or 3 rounds.

Interview Questions

• How will you balance profit and loss within your environment?   Answer Question
    • What does it look like to utilize an improvement plan and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you handled a repeat caller in your community and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you helped an external customer and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Browsing through Indeed, I came upon the T-Mobile application. Once I filled out the application a day later, I received an e-mail from their talent scout incouraging that I complete the next step of an assessment. The e-mail also contained current pay wage and details of the amazing benefits that are offered through employment with Team Magenta. After I completed the assessment, two days later I received yet another e-mail asking for a few more in depth details of employment. Then it took another two days and I received the next invitation for a digital review, where I was given questions like "how did I deal with an upset customer?", "why did I want to be apart of team magenta?", " what were some of my good qualifications?" those were answered by recordings. There were also question in the beginning that just required a text format answer. May 30 I received a e-mail to schedule my face-to-face interview which I had the earliest available, the e-mail contained how to dress and what to bring. I also got an e-mail stating that they wanted to go ahead with my background check just to get the process started ASAP. May 31, was my interview once I arrived at the T-Mobile call center I was given a badge and a sheet to state any appointments, or prior arrangements that would interfere with training. I meet with the manger of hiring and he asked basically the same questions from the digital interview, so be prepared with different examples, luckily I had a few options! There were about 5 questions I was asked, as he quickly typed my responses. Next we discussed the benefits of the job and the training period. Then we did the role play which I was given a "cheat sheet" that had the answers in it you just had to actually read through the paper to be able to assist "the caller" which was him in another room. I was given 10 minutes to prepare which was more than enough time to gather information needed to proficiently assist the caller. My interviewer returned to the room and asked what I felt good about and what I did feel good about with the role play and then he gave me a critic, with an over all good job. This happened on a Wednesday and my interviewer informed me that within a weeks time I should head back from T-Mobile if I made the cut. Still waiting for a response, and my background check has cleared. Finger cross I make it into Team Magenta!! This process has been about 3+ weeks .

Interview Questions

• In person questions were state a situation, how did you handle it, and then how did you make the outcome positive.   1 Answer

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The Interview journey at T-Mobile is probably the most unnecessary process I've ever participated in. From too many people (5) interviewing (including different departments)/ making hiring decisions to the textbook questions that gave no indication of the job or the work environment. In addition, the hiring manager wasn't engaged in the interview and even pawning the phone interview off on a "team lead" from a different department. I can now see I dodged an "I hate my job" situation!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

I submitted an app, the same day I received a link to do the assessment, took it the next day. About 2 days later I was sent an email about going to an interview, it ended up being a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really related to the job. As a group we were asked to plan a team outing for a store.   Answer Question
    • We were asked to individually plan a trip for one of the managers.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 store managers. The interview was just part of the process as they had internal candidates ready to have the second interview already. It felt unfair as it was just part of the process to interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Talent Scout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Comfortable. Fun. Interesting.
    The recruiter was energetic, shared a lot of information, asked the most important and most relevant questions. I don't know if I will get the job or not since there are additional interviews but I know she was someone I want to keep in my business network.

I'm actually looking forward to the next interview!

Interview Questions

• Questions about sourcing and how to pipelinecandidates   1 Answer
    • Question about types of jobs I have recruited for   1 Answer
    • Question about difficult hiring managers and how to deal with them.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a few days later. Set up an interview which I was told was going to be a one-on-one interview. Showed up to the interview and it was a group interview with 7 managers and 3 applicants (self included). Not only was I not informed about the group interview but apparently we had to bring 7 copies of our resume which, yours truly, brought one. Luckily I got called to do a second interview. That was a one-on-one and that went great. I was supposed to be notified by the end of the week to find out if I did or didn't get the job. Poor communication on the coordinators part because I heard nothing, even after I called to check back with them.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on a commission based sales environment?   Answer Question

Senior Agile/DevOps Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Telephone, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone review by Jr.Recruiter, followed by phone call from "Scheduling Expert", followed by telephonic interview by someone who joined T-Mobile a couple of months ago (45 mins), followed by telephonic interview by the hiring manager (45 mins). The last 2 were done back to back in one go.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about this experience you have mentioned on your resume. Or that one...   1 Answer

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email from HR, then She sent me a link to access to a video with questions to answer. They have around 10 questions and they are recording you, you can not change a do it again. I think was very easy and felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe one day for sales account executive, which are the activities etc   Answer Question

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Just finished my first interview, and waiting for my second. Interviewer asked about my past management experiences and then got to know me personally. Not sure what to expect for second interview, but will be returning with more information.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time when a employee caused major disappointment to you? How did you handle it?   Answer Question