T-Mobile Retail Sales Rep Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T-Mobile Retail Sales Rep Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Largo, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 different managers at 3 different locations, they asked me basic question like "why T-Mobile" "how can you become a great salesman" I did a great job at the interviewed, they told me I didn't get the job and went with a different candidate, it upsets me bc I work for T-Mobile franchise and I've been looking for a corporate job for a bit now and I'm a very good salesman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wethersfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Wethersfield, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

genuine person, motivated, shared his past on how he got to be DM and introduced his best associates. very attentive, very relatable and didn't make the interview process awkward.
    He was very informative of the hiring process and willing to make changes if he hired me to keep me closer to home which i thought was fantastic of him to do.

Interview Questions

I am a full time student

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bronx, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I went to the location in the Castle Hill area. Met with a man named Frank Enriquez, quickly got a good vibe off of him and we sat down and spoke for about 25 minutes. He's a great guy former military vet and gets down to business quickly. He lets you know if you got the job on the spot and will give you your expectations right there as well.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you have any sales experience, Sell me something. Anything.   1 Answer
    • Q: What is your availability   1 Answer

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Mainly a lot of questions about customet service experiences and how you handle problem customers, they really like to ser that you know stuff about the company and that you know all about uncarrier and what not.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about uncarrier?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had an expected sales goal and how did you try and meet it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a difficult interaction with a customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Memphis, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was straightforward but could have been better they had me video chatting with District Managers and other supervisors was not to hard but could have been much better. it was time consuming waiting on the interview but above all else it was not to hard to handle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Phila, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Long & lengthy application process. Management is very unorganized, the overall process is not as described by others. If you need a job and you are hired, take it but find somewhere else as you are working there.

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Clifton, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was about 15 people interviewing together in a room with about 6 managers from different stores. They basically pick who's fit for the position by asking questions and they see who participates and who's active. Pretty easy. Just be a stand up person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to diffuse an escalation at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Florence, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied after one of my previous coworkers (who now works at T-Mobile) referred me. Application is online and was pretty long. There were several assessments of which were fairly simple with the exception of a few which required some thinking. I was called by the store manager the next morning for an interview the following day. I had one interview, since the people who would have done a second interview were already there. That's right-I had three people interview me. But it wasn't too bad. I was super comfortable and they loved me. I received another phone call from the store manager as soon as I got home from the interview and he chose me.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when your customers are happy, describe when you made someone happy who was angry before, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what motivates you, etc. Very generic questions that you would expect for an interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty short, 2 different interviews, usually with your store manager then the district director. The interviewer are looking for a creative response when asked for you to create your own sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weakness, and to create your own sales pitch.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Riverside, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Once applying, and taking my assessment I received a call about a week in half later. It was a phone interview asking about my previous employer and work with sales and customer service. It felt like I did horrible, but a week after that I received a call from the manager asking if I could come in for a face to face interview. Went in met a couple reps and then had to be interviewed by 2 managers. They have a list of each question and the points you need to hit for each question. Basically the problem and what you did to resolve it. It was pretty quick but thorough. After the interview I was called in for another interview with a different store manager and their associate manager for a second interview. Same type of questions. Went home and received a call that the district manager would also call me for an interview. She also asked me the same type of questions in that interview. Soon after they called me again said I would just need to pass background check and I would be hired. That was the longest wait a week in half for those results! The whole process took about a month I started training a month In a half after I first applied.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you needed to reach a goal you hadn't yet achieved for the month? (Can't remember the exact wording)   Answer Question