T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.6

373 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was short about 30 minutes. I was the only one in the interview with the manager. I had to wait for her to wrap up a call. I was not intense.

Interview Questions

• What do I think I can bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a F2F interview the store manager was very nice and friendly , she told me I had a second interview after she asked all the questions , after 2 weeks a got call back from her saying that they were not going to hire me because they decided to go with someone with more experience which it did not match what the requirements said in the Job description , it said No experience needed we will train you , and that was one of the reason why I applied in the first place but besides that everything was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wan to work in T mobile   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Applied online and took an assessment. Later I got a call to attend a hiring event. My timeslot had about 4 other people in it, and we all had to answer and ask a few questions in front of the group. The managers then broke up into one-on-ones with the applicants. I spoke to a manager for about an hour, where he asked all sorts of different questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you had to work with someone you disagreed with. What was the situation, what did you do personally, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to compete with others at work. What was the situation, what did you do personally, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Called in to check on status of application and he told me to come in the same Friday for an interview. It's been about 3 weeks I now have a second interview. Hope I get it.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Anaheim, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and called the hiring manager at a store to follow up on application the next day. Was scheduled for an interview 2 days later at a job fair. I had 3 interviews with 2 different managers and the district manager. If you fail first interview, you will not continue to interview with second manager. If you passed 1st interview and fail 2nd interview, you will not continue to interview with the district manager. If you passed all 3 interviews, you will most likely get an offer. Questions asked during interview questions were median. Not too hard and not too easy. Managers were looking for answers in a scenario that you have had experience in your current job. Processed overall was a 5 star.

Interview Questions

• Name me a time in your own piers where you had to get creative with the store, and what were the results?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were in a situation to go agains company policy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied, got a call for an interview. It went great! Got a second interview with 2 managers and a corporate guy. That interview wasn't so great. The managers loved me, corporate guy didn't. Got a call the next day that they wanted someone with more sales experience 👎🏽

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was asked to go to the hiring event, when I was being interviewed the manager was just rude, she wouldn't even pay attention to what I was saying, didn't care to write notes down, kept looking away and at one point the assistant manager wrote something on her notepad that was laying in her lap and laughed at whatever the comment was. I took time out of my day to come here for an opportunity and having that happen just makes me think if they really care about their employees let alone their customers.

Interview Questions

T-Mobile Response

Mar 8, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

We are very sorry for your experience—this is not characteristic of how we do things here. We truly put our frontline and our customers first by treating them with care, concern and respect. We hope... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Melbourne, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a position in Florida. I had worked for the company for about 10 years in several capacities, including store manager before pursuing other opportunities. I never got past the online assessment. It was decided that I didn't have the qualities to sell their product. The kicker was that I was not qualified to sell their product in the corporate stores but they encouraged me to apply at their authorized dealer locations!! I admit that I had been out of the game for awhile but I wasn't applying for a store manager position or a regional manager position (both of which I had done for corporate) but a sales rep. Needless to say, I didn't bother to go further. It was actually a little insulting. I wasn't good enough for their corporate image but I was good enough to sell their product for a 3rd party. Incidentally, I worked for them when they were known as Voicestream.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Beavercreek, OH).

Interview

I applied online, I received a call 3 days later to come in for an interview. The interview went great. Just was asked simple questions. The star method was used. Was told to call back in a week or so but got online and my application was closed. The woman that interviewed me was kind of unprofessional. Had a customer for the longest time when I got there. Had received 2 calls during the interview and took em. One not being work related. She could of told me I was not moving on after being told to call back. Will not apply again. Besides their service is horrible & who would wanna come over to T-Mobile. One person that was in there while I was waiting was saying I will just stay with Verizon over something with trying to switch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to meet a sales goal   Answer Question
    • Why T-Mobile?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to face a new challenge and how did you over come it?   Answer Question
    • If you had an elderly person come in complaining because they didn't know how to use their iPhone, how would you handle it & what would you do?   Answer Question
    • I had Verizon so I was asked what would you do if you were showing your phone to a potential customer and he/she said you had Verizon, how would you get them to use T-Mobile's Network   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Beaverton, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick, easy. awesome interview process! I applied via T-Mobile.careers on a Monday and received an interview call from my location's Store Manager on Friday. After a quick chat, he offered me an interview on the following Monday, I gladly accepted. Monday rolled around and I was early. Let me tell you something firstly- I was formerly with a Verizon Indirect (Premium Retailer/3rd party/ect.) and as soon as I walked up to my location, the store vibe was a complete 180- it was fantastic! 3 associates were with customers, and there was a very nice woman to the right of them at the front desk, I immediately identified her as a type of leadership as she smiled, was very polite, and I noticed she had a big book of paperwork in front of her. She went to the back room to let the SM know I had arrived. She came out smiling saying, "I've let him know you are here. I'm sorry, we are not used to people being early, you've just scored major points. He will be out in a few minutes." Wow! This sure put a smile on my face. I was warmly greeted, everyone was very polite and professional. 5 minutes later, I was greeted by that location's Store Manager and another location's Store Manager for a 2:1 interview. We walked to a better area to sit down, and as we walked we were already chatting to get to know each other. This was one of the best interviews I've ever had. Within 5 minutes, us 3 already felt like friends and colleagues. I had a fantastic time, we were laughing, sharing stories, it was a great time. They were both very down to earth, explained everything, were very open, professional, and very polite. They told me that "This is the easiest interview we've ever had," I was floored.

My conclusion: This is something huge that I've noticed about the company as a whole, and it makes this company very attractive. I have already referred several friends here and I haven't even started yet. My previous Verizon Indirect employer was horrible, but let me point out that it was indirect and has nothing to do with Verizon, I have been close with the company with my family being customers forever. A couple things stand true- Go for the corporate positions, not indirect. T-Mobile so far has been fantastic, and based on what I've seen here, heard from friends, and was told by my two interviewer Store Managers, it's going to be the best job I've ever had- I highly recommend applying.