T-Mobile Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,390 Interview Reviews

2.7

Customer Service Associate Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Browsing through Indeed, I came upon the T-Mobile application. Once I filled out the application a day later, I received an e-mail from their talent scout incouraging that I complete the next step of an assessment. The e-mail also contained current pay wage and details of the amazing benefits that are offered through employment with Team Magenta. After I completed the assessment, two days later I received yet another e-mail asking for a few more in depth details of employment. Then it took another two days and I received the next invitation for a digital review, where I was given questions like "how did I deal with an upset customer?", "why did I want to be apart of team magenta?", " what were some of my good qualifications?" those were answered by recordings. There were also question in the beginning that just required a text format answer. May 30 I received a e-mail to schedule my face-to-face interview which I had the earliest available, the e-mail contained how to dress and what to bring. I also got an e-mail stating that they wanted to go ahead with my background check just to get the process started ASAP. May 31, was my interview once I arrived at the T-Mobile call center I was given a badge and a sheet to state any appointments, or prior arrangements that would interfere with training. I meet with the manger of hiring and he asked basically the same questions from the digital interview, so be prepared with different examples, luckily I had a few options! There were about 5 questions I was asked, as he quickly typed my responses. Next we discussed the benefits of the job and the training period. Then we did the role play which I was given a "cheat sheet" that had the answers in it you just had to actually read through the paper to be able to assist "the caller" which was him in another room. I was given 10 minutes to prepare which was more than enough time to gather information needed to proficiently assist the caller. My interviewer returned to the room and asked what I felt good about and what I did feel good about with the role play and then he gave me a critic, with an over all good job. This happened on a Wednesday and my interviewer informed me that within a weeks time I should head back from T-Mobile if I made the cut. Still waiting for a response, and my background check has cleared. Finger cross I make it into Team Magenta!! This process has been about 3+ weeks .

Interview Questions

• In person questions were state a situation, how did you handle it, and then how did you make the outcome positive.   1 Answer

Legal Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was going well after meeting with the hiring manager and then his manager and then 4 months of no word. Each month I would check in with HR and she would respond but never had an update. It's not her fault. Apparently the legal department is known for its slow moving decision making that I was even warned it would be slow but 4 months slow? How do they expect to hire someone if they take that long to make a decision? People aren't just applying at one company. If they get another offer before hearing back from T-Mobile, they are going to take that offer and T-Mobile loses out on that candidate because of their slowness. Really disappointed experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard legal operations questions Don't remember anymore since it's been 4 months.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

I submitted an app, the same day I received a link to do the assessment, took it the next day. About 2 days later I was sent an email about going to an interview, it ended up being a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really related to the job. As a group we were asked to plan a team outing for a store.   Answer Question
    • We were asked to individually plan a trip for one of the managers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied to T-Mobile Call Center in Colorado Springs online at the end of March. I was than sent an email late April to take the online assessment, which includes the personality test as well as the mock call center questions. They want to see if you're capable of multitasking. After I completed my assessment I was emailed a few days later to schedule a video interview. I used my iPad to download an app that records you answering a few questions situational based questions etc. really it's like you're skypeing with yourself. After I completed my video interview I was than sent another email a day later to schedule my in-person interview followed by a link to fill out the background check form. I had my interview the following week. There I was asked situational based questions again followed by a practice phone call. They give you a sheet to read off of and give you about 15 minutes to prepare. The recruiter will than call you and ask you some normal Customer service questions. Just as if you were to call in and talk with a rep for whatever problem you might have. After all that I was than given a tour around the facility and sent in my way. A week and a half later I was given a verbal offer and was asked to come in and take a picture for my company badge.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to troubleshoot some form of technology? Did you find a positive solution?   1 Answer

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The Interview journey at T-Mobile is probably the most unnecessary process I've ever participated in. From too many people (5) interviewing (including different departments)/ making hiring decisions to the textbook questions that gave no indication of the job or the work environment. In addition, the hiring manager wasn't engaged in the interview and even pawning the phone interview off on a "team lead" from a different department. I can now see I dodged an "I hate my job" situation!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Talent Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their website and I was called by one of their recruiters to schedule a pre-screen phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the next day and it lasted about 30 minutes. The recruiter mentioned she would share the notes after the interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not out of the ordinary. The typical questions on my professional background and experience, salary history, as well as several situational questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Augusta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for a previous position and was told I didn't qualify. Recruiter contacted me about this position. It was a long process about three months and I successfully completed a digital interview. Face to face was a horrible experience. I felt like I was at a firing brigade. No eye contact made because of the interview questions and answers having to be typed by interviewers. The questions were not clear cut and confusing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a technical issue came about and you had to give instructions on how to complete the task   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very smooth, a couple phone interviews with the district managers, asked about previous experience, etc. That took about two weeks then a two week paid training schedule.

Overall, an enjoyable experience, very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you want above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • What have you done that stands out from your other coworkers?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you can bring to the team?   Answer Question

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 store managers. The interview was just part of the process as they had internal candidates ready to have the second interview already. It felt unfair as it was just part of the process to interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Interview

I interviewed here for an entry-level sales position out of college. A lot of the interview was focused on my ability to fit in to the store's scheduling and (naturally) my interest in meeting customers' needs.