T-Mobile Market Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T-Mobile Market Manager Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Team interview with 6 different people. Full day. There were extensive questions on accomplishments and performance including knowledge of specific marketing areas and sales lift associated with those accomplishments. Overall it was tough, but they got back to me quickly with an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewer called exactly on time. Interview took 30 minutes and reviewed my previous experience in detail. I was asked to provide details of how I accomplished certain projects. I was given a good detailed description of the position and some background information on the culture at this office. The interviewer was personable and clear.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a couple of questions that did not seem relevant to the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Miami, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

I knew people that were already working in this same position, so i was able to get my resume in quick. I met with 2 managers, one was the training manager the other was in charge of sales. We hit off because I have experience in both fields and although it was a 2 vs 1 interview I was able to hold my own. Questions were like: tell me about a time when you... Give me an example of ... And the typical... what is your biggest opportunity... What is biggest strength...

I passed that initial interview so they set up a phone interview with someone from HR. That interview lasted about 40 minutes and the questions were very similar. It also went very well. I suggest that you prepare yourself with notes before you interview on the phone.

3rd interview was again over the phone with the market manager hiring manager because I decided to go for the sales position. He was a bit more intense this time. He asked me about my experiences when visiting the company stores. Because i was already working full time, i was only able to visit 4 stores, his tone changed and He became a bit irritated and told me that clearly I was not interested in this job at all and that he was not interested in someone that did not have interest in researching the company. It was over just like that. Wow...

So my biggest advice is: try to go to as many company stores as you can, walk inside, ask questions so you have an idea of the differences between them. This will help you for sure.

Funny: I heard that hiring manager is no longer there...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in the company store

What Did you think about the store manager and employees when you first walked in?
      Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Very professional Talent Acquisition Team. They were very proactive and thorough. The company paid for airfare, hotel accommodations and car rental to attend interviews. Promptly email and phone follow-up.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is it you like the least about your current employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Detailed offer letter and all questions were promptly answered by Talent Acquisition team.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2011.

Interview

Recruiter was very friendly. Hiring manager slightly less. Everyone was very worried about the ATT deal.

Interview Questions

• If we have customers who can't spend more, how do we make more profit from them?   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2010.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. You have to meet with several people as well as several levels of interviews from different departments.

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2010.

Interview

I applied for a Market Manager position on the T-mobile website, but after 2 weeks of hearing nothing back, I contacted one of their recruiters (found them listed on Linked In). Once I emailed my resume to the recruiter, I got a call back within a week. They told me they were going with an internal candidate for the posted position but they were expecting another position in the area to open soon. The call lasted about 20 minutes and consisted of a brief run through of my work history, what I knew about T-Mobile and why I wanted to work for them, and my experience in managing others. Within another 2 weeks, I was scheduled for a meeting with the Region Director. The interview lasted one hour and consisted of work experience, management experience, etc.

I would highly recommend 2 things to anyone interviewing:

1) Prepare yourself for the interview by reading about the company and their latest products. If the position is a management position, visit several stores and have an opinion on what you you might change about the service experience, merchandising, etc if you were in charge of that store.

2) They are inundated with resumes for their management positions. I would try to contact a recruiter if possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to address poor performance with an associate and what was the result.   Answer Question
    • Have you visited any of our stores? What is your feedback?   Answer Question