T-Mobile Retail Associate Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T-Mobile Retail Associate Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 6 interviewers including the district manager and 5 store managers. I am trying to be internally promoted so the process may be different if you are coming from the outside. They asked me about 10 questions, each one I had to give an example of how I have done something in the past. They also asked me about how my education and past experience qualifies me for this position. I'm waiting to hear back from them next week.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to avoid letting day to day details get in the way of you reaching your goals?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Davie, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

You will go through minimum 3 interviews, it will be very extensive. So make sure you know your numbers and can prove results. Also make sure that you have references that will back you up with actual data not just a yea they will be a great choice. If you do that you will not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example on where you turned a very upset customer into a satisfied customer.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Had 2 phonecinterviews, one with the manager from the store i applied at and one with the district manager. I was then called to come in for a face to face interview. A few days later i was called and given althe job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer. How did you resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they called me about 3 weeks later and screened me and told me someone would call me for an interview, then about 2 weeks later I called back and was given an interview later that week, after that interview they set up another interview about a week later, then I had one more interview with 3 store managers (all over the phone because I lived out of state at the time). Then they called me about a week after that and offered me the job. It was based off of past experience of team leadership and how well your team does under your lead.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between sympathy and empathy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They took into consideration what I was making at my previous employer and what I brought to the table, and offered me a fair offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a hiring manager conduct a preliminary phone interview. About 3-4 weeks later, I received a call asking if I could complete a phone interview later that day. I accepted, and a few hours later completed the interview with two Retail Store Managers. The interview was in STAR format, and she asked me to speak from a "leadership/management" perspective. The interview was easy, just make sure to paint a picture, and give them the result of your actions at the end. A few days later, I received another call form the hiring manager and she said I got the job, she just had to send out a formal offer letter. This took about a week to receive. I received the offer letter and the hourly rate was EXTREMELY low ($13 per hour) along with a base commission of around $11,000 per year. Guaranteed 30 hours per week. I negotiated salary, and they came back with $15 per hour (final offer). I did not accept.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to reach an unattainable goal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews and eventual the decision maker, I almost withdrew my application because of the long process. Like most of the interview process, talked about your experiences and how will you be able to contribute in your new role

Interview Questions

• How would you handle under performed employee, what steps taking and taken   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Was your very basic sales and management questions. mostly open ended questions on how to react to irate customers, or how to coach employees. I was given my numbers and goals for previous months, and had to review, them, and then compare to someone elses numbers, and explain why I was a better candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you felt company policy was being breached or not being followed. How did you react and approach the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate at all. it was all corporate set pay.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Lawrence, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

First interview is with the contacting store manager and lasted approximately 30 min. Second is with a different store manager and again last about 30 min The 3rd with the district manager was about 40 min. 1&2 are tell me a time scenarios. 3rd is informal get to talk and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer
    • Tell us something you presented to a former employer or school that they adopted to start using?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered an amount of pay and I asked for more based on my experience in mnagement.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Vancouver, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was easy, but I had a lot of experience in the field already. The hiring manager was clearly interested in hiring someone with experience, and I walked right through his door with everything he needed.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to come back to wireless?   1 Answer

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Behavioral bases questions, focusing on what you've have done in previous situations. If you google STAR interviewing tips if would help you out tremendously and allow you to be more prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you delivered amazing customer service?   Answer Question