T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was asked to go to the hiring event, when I was being interviewed the manager was just rude, she wouldn't even pay attention to what I was saying, didn't care to write notes down, kept looking away and at one point the assistant manager wrote something on her notepad that was laying in her lap and laughed at whatever the comment was. I took time out of my day to come here for an opportunity and having that happen just makes me think if they really care about their employees let alone their customers.

Interview Questions

T-Mobile Response

Mar 8, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

We are very sorry for your experience—this is not characteristic of how we do things here. We truly put our frontline and our customers first by treating them with care, concern and respect. We hope ... More

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Beaverton, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick, easy. awesome interview process! I applied via T-Mobile.careers on a Monday and received an interview call from my location's Store Manager on Friday. After a quick chat, he offered me an interview on the following Monday, I gladly accepted. Monday rolled around and I was early. Let me tell you something firstly- I was formerly with a Verizon Indirect (Premium Retailer/3rd party/ect.) and as soon as I walked up to my location, the store vibe was a complete 180- it was fantastic! 3 associates were with customers, and there was a very nice woman to the right of them at the front desk, I immediately identified her as a type of leadership as she smiled, was very polite, and I noticed she had a big book of paperwork in front of her. She went to the back room to let the SM know I had arrived. She came out smiling saying, "I've let him know you are here. I'm sorry, we are not used to people being early, you've just scored major points. He will be out in a few minutes." Wow! This sure put a smile on my face. I was warmly greeted, everyone was very polite and professional. 5 minutes later, I was greeted by that location's Store Manager and another location's Store Manager for a 2:1 interview. We walked to a better area to sit down, and as we walked we were already chatting to get to know each other. This was one of the best interviews I've ever had. Within 5 minutes, us 3 already felt like friends and colleagues. I had a fantastic time, we were laughing, sharing stories, it was a great time. They were both very down to earth, explained everything, were very open, professional, and very polite. They told me that "This is the easiest interview we've ever had," I was floored.

My conclusion: This is something huge that I've noticed about the company as a whole, and it makes this company very attractive. I have already referred several friends here and I haven't even started yet. My previous Verizon Indirect employer was horrible, but let me point out that it was indirect and has nothing to do with Verizon, I have been close with the company with my family being customers forever. A couple things stand true- Go for the corporate positions, not indirect. T-Mobile so far has been fantastic, and based on what I've seen here, heard from friends, and was told by my two interviewer Store Managers, it's going to be the best job I've ever had- I highly recommend applying.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA).
    Discussed the job role and requirements. Was to fill in for someone on maternity leave for six months. It was primarily an internal marketing role, writing and communications.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Burlington, NC).

Interview

Very scripted interview tell me about a time when....? Etc Reade straight off companies interview guide simply designed to discover core competencies. Basic background check and availability is a hot topic as well as the ability to work within a team bilingual a huge plus sales background really not needed but is favorable is applying for a management position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry consumer   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Aplication process is online, hiring manager will call to setup face to face interview. Entire process took about 3 weeks for me. My interview was so long ago I can't really remember what they asked, but they definitely want people that can sell and build quality relationships.

Interview Questions

• How was your last job? Was is hourly? How do you feel about working a position where a large chunk of your earnings are performance based?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Boca Raton, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

They were super sweet and nice. Made me feel super confident and comfortable. The company make you feel like you are part of a very wonderful family and help you improve your skills in life. I can't wait to start working with them

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Columbia, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

Received an email to set up an interview. Went to interview where I met with the store manager and assistant manager. A week later I got another email to come in for a second interview with a store manager from another store location.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for T-Mobile
      What motivates you
      Why do you want to leave the company you are with now
      Tell me an outcome of a sales experience
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2016.

Interview

Online application with a referral from employee. Called to schedule interview the next day. Interviewed with 2 people that day. Used STAR method. Asked something weird. Wanted me to tell about a time I broke company policy. Heard this now twice from a different company's interview. The guys seemed to not really be very serious. Said they had other interviews and would make a decision by the following week. Connection got me another interview with a store manager on a Thursday at a totally different store location. More serious this one seemed and also interested in what I had to say. Asked sales experience, why T-Mobile, why I was leaving current employer, and some situational questions. Told I was hired. Got background check email about 3 hours later. Took a week to get it back, the next Thursday. Finalized on Friday. Offer letter Monday evening. Start training the next Monday. No drug test. Just through background check. The store manager is the "make it happen" type. He wasn't waiting around though so my timeline may be very different from a manager who just waits around.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to enter into commission sales   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Started with a group interview then followed up with a interview with two store managers. Didn't hear back after that. My advise would be to get real comfortable in having to come up with a sales pitch with randoms items given to you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Rocklin, CA).

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com, and a few weeks later I received a phone call to schedule an interview. I went to the interview, and it went well, but I did not receive an offer. I had a positive experience, and while I did not get the job, I was pleased by how painless the process was. A tip for others is be calm, dress nicely, and arrive a few minutes early.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time when you sold something. How did you persuade the customer to buy your product and what was the process?   Answer Question