T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2016.

Interview

Well it was fast they called me the next day. I was set up for a panel interview with 5 other people they ask me basic questions about sales and want you next too do pretty much give them what they want to hear but don't lie because they will ask you for a example.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you did not meet your numbers and why also how did you do better.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Two Interviews one with the Manager and one with the Dm. Each took about 30-45 minutes. After the interview process and the assessment test they have a screening which is very very thorough so make sure you have all the correct information otherwise you will not pass the background test. Your employment history must be exact dates or else they will assume you are not telling the truth as well with your past salary. The process is lengthy for a entry position but T-mobile is a great company to work for with great benefits and opportunity to advance and make it a career

Interview Questions

Different position within the company

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Garden Grove, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the district manager of my area and the assistant manager. He asked me about my past job/school experience - typical interview. I was offered a job on the spot and immediately accepted. The atmosphere was very laid back and calm and I was able to make him smile. All in all, the interview, itself, was not entirely too daunting. In fact, it was one of the easier interviews I have done in the past six months.

Interview Questions

• Suppose a customer came to you very angry and upset about something that has nothing to do with you. This customer had been at another store and is displeased with the service they provided and claims they broke his/her phone. How do you deal with this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy but lengthy. First I was called in for an in person interview after submitting my resume and cover letter, the next day after the interview I was invited to a group interview . After this I was asked to submit a background check. The entire process was very long. This is not the job you apply to if you are looking for quick cash!

Interview Questions

• In my other sales positions how did I handle closing a sale   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Hiring Process went well . I was interviewed by the store manager and assistant manager. It was comfortable not intense. I was able to genuinely laugh was not so serious.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you wowed your boss about a sale you made? (it was a long time ago so something along those lines)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Apply online then they call me for an interview on a store it was just answering multiple question about experience it was easy but it's hard to say that an interview like that works to hire anybody...
    I was expecting something more challenging. This was couple day ago still waiting for a call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have a difficult customer and how you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met the manager at an outdoor table on a quiet afternoon. The manager looked at my 2-page resume and asked me why I left my previous employer and a couple questions about the other two jobs listed. Then she referred to the printout of my online application and asked me three situational interview questions (see below). I was given opportunity to ask some of my own questions, too. It was relaxed, friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you needed to work with one of your associates to address a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you handled an unhappy customer situation.   Answer Question
    • There is occasionally "idle time" in the store when no customers are present. What do you do with idle time like that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Greenville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied as an employee referral and was called within a week to set up an interview at the mobile store in Greenville, NC. Manager was really nice. Employees that already worked there seemed nice and happy to be working there. I think the interview went well. The manager did tell me that if I am asked to move forward with the process I will be called for a phone interview with the district manager. A background check was mentioned but nothing about a drug test. So now I'm playing the waiting game!

Interview Questions

• It was a S.T.A.R. system interview. Questions were about previous work experiences and how you handled certain situations. I saw on previous posts people we're asked to sell something like a pen or a pencil. I was really nervous about that part. I practiced really hard as I really want to get this job. T-Mobile is a great company to work for. Fortunately I wasn't asked to sell anything.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

TERRIBLE Here in San Antonio. I've waited 7 months and not even a simple email back. They just have it a queue forever. I had to go to a job fair where they picked 20 out of 80 then a background check then a second interview where they told me I showed up intoxicated. I demanded a second interview and was even harder than me than the first. They are losing out on a strong sales rep, but just a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Role play with me you last job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (New York, NY).

Interview

background check by a 3rd party vendor. my process took a little longer because i took a break and the vendor couldnt verify my previous work experience with my prior employer right away. This means T-mobile is really looking into your past employers! so dont lie!

Interview Questions

• Very routine interview with generic questions from every other interview. You can google most common questions asked and just prep that way. It was only difficult for me because i have severe text anxiety   Answer Question