T-Mobile Retail Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T-Mobile Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

2.9

Retail Store Manager Interview

Interview

Professional, and long process. I applied online. 2 days later, Started with Recruiter calling. The following day, Moving to DM phone call. 1 week later, Talked to 1 other DM from different area, another week later, followed by another phone call from Director. Long, anxious interview process but extremely professional, and accurate. However, about 10 days later DM offered the position!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you didn't agree with a Sales Rep? And how did you coach through it?   Answer Question
  • Explain a time when.....   Answer Question
  • Explain a time when you had to hold someone accountable?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

You are given the chance to present and then you are asked about 5 standard questions, followed by a personal question from each panel member. You might get moved to a second interview for finals that is almost the same exact process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technique you use to ensure you reach a team goal.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

The interview process was long. First phone screening with recruiting, then passed on to first interview with District Manger. Thus was an in person interview. Second interview with another District Manger who is a peer to your potential DM, sometimes this is a panel interview. Third interview with Regional Retail Director. Mine was over the phone sometimes it will be in person. This depends on your location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what competence you are working on.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

A joke.... I waited for 30 minutes to have a 5 minute interview. When I was called for the second interview I was told it was the next day, when I let them know I wouldn't be available due to work, the so called recruiter said "well thank you for the time" I was disqualified because I was notified at 5:30pm for an interview the next day which I could not make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Hartford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Just completed first phone interview and love their enthusiasm, professionalism and the overall feel for the job. Only drawback being that I believe they may fill from within.

Interview Questions

• Name 5 things that describe you ethically in the job you're in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T-Mobile (North Charleston, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview as i already knew the person interviewing me. it lasted about an hour where i had an action plan already prepared for the role i was applying for and then we went into the companies prewritten formal questions. it was very simple and really just questions about what you've done in the past and how you've handled situations.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Very fast, they did more of the convincing. I found it extremely easy and not requiring much thought. Anyone can pass with flying colors, however the personality test was quite stressful.

Interview Questions

• Not structured and all on paper. Very old fashioned.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't have any room to move around. Pay is not competitive, but they beg to differ.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview entailed a total of three interviews, two with separate district managers and one with a Regional Manager. Interviews were largely based on prior accomplishments as well as plans for what changes can be immediately effected when taking the new position.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to effect change at the beginning of your tenure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Norfolk, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

5 interviews. 1) Screen with Recruiter 2) District Manager interview 3) 2nd District Manager 4) HR Business Partner 5) Regional Manager of MI/IN/KY

The interviews all went well and I was very confident that I would get the portion especially as I had just won a national level recognition of excellence within the company. However, it seems that MetroPCS and T-Mobile aren't fully integrated because people kept forgetting that I was an internal candidate and I lost the position to someone who had been in a problem store for years without making a difference there. They decided I needed more operational experience despite the fact that I had learned and entirely different system on the MetroPCS side of the company and led them to great success.

Interview Questions

• Instill some confidence in me of your leadership ability.   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2015.

Interview

5 people sitting in a room staring at me. firing squad style. then waited 3 weeks before any communication about 2nd interviews. all interviews after initial firing squad were over the phone.

Interview Questions

• if a care cut you off on the freeway, how would you respond.   Answer Question