T-Mobile Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.7

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was very quick, kinda just said I had a great resume and that was why my application was pulled, not really based off of my experience. The manager was really nice. Told me about training in Corona which is why I didn't accept.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company? Why do you want to work here? What is your class schedule like?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Southfield, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

The manager invited me to the back room and began the interview. He asked me multiple questions and told me about the company. I was also introduced to a sales associate and given a tour of the store.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about myself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed 2 times, each time by 3 managers each time. Some of the managers threw confusing questions at you in a way to mess you up so you do not get hired.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond for somebody?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very brief. I had an interview with the store manager. He reviewed my resume and asked me about my experience. After his questions he asked me to sell him a pen be was holding to see my skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application online. I received a link to do the assessment online. Once completed, I decided to give the stores I applied for 2 weeks later. Even though I was informed I did good on the assessment, I was not hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for a sales associate position online and called about 3 days later to follow up. The manager and I set up an interview for a week later. I show up to the interview and tell one of the employee's that I had an interview with the manager and he told me that she wasn't working that day. He called her up and we set up ANOTHER interview for the next day. I go in for the interview and it was just basic wwyd and "Describe a situation where you ______" type questions. I never heard from them again, nor did I want to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to sell a product to someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (East Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Its hell literally. To get hired here. Applied 3 times before was turned down . Because i wouldn't pass that dam assessment test. I had worked with verizon 4 years before so i have experience on the cellphone department. And worked at Bank of America 2 years. So i know how to work with people. My Customer service skills are good. I applied one last time here in the los Angeles area 90022 this past feb 2017 . Finally passed that assessment test . 3 Days later got a call to go in person. So I went resume in hand and all . 3 persons interviewed me . They all seemed mad . and just asked if i had experience selling and workin with people. I told them were I worked and what i did. Then their attitude changed and suddenly they became interested haha. I got the job . But yea the hiring process was much worse than at Verizon and bank of america. And took much longer. After the interview was done i had to get drug tested which took a few days all in all it took bout 2 + weeks . very long compared to the other places. And so far its okay manger always respects everybody and helps with anything. So far im Happy. The problem was just that long frustrating process and annoying assessment test with dumb questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Regional manager hired me on spot based on knowledge of products and services
    Afterwards you go to training for about a week with other recent hires to learn the system, products, services. After training you shadow an associate for about 2 weeks to a month

Interview Questions

• What device and service would you recommend to a new smart phone user?
      Have you worked in this position and for what company If you have?
      How do you handle upset customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Very healthy back and forth, open ended questions with room to interpret, comfortable laid back setting. Was with existing manager so there was already knowledge of my skills. Went over yearly sales and performance. Looked at strengths and weaknesses and found areas for improvement. No pressure whatsoever and overall enjoyable experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2016.

Interview

So i took in my resume because the onkine application denied me employment (which i dont understand) i have alot of customer experience just not retail experience which may be the reason it was denied anyways i found that taking in a resume will give you better results i left a resume and called back within a week and was told to go into an interview (awesome!) the man was cool to talk to i felt comftorble he sat me down and discussed about himself and about the company and what they offer which is 50% of what you sale plus 9.50 the hour he pretty muched asked if i was ok with full time and ofcourse i said yes because who wouldnt want to work at tmobile with full time plus hourly and commission right?! So getting to the end he advised me we would need to do a background check and if all clears i mean i pretty much got the job and advised he would call me the next day or 2 days so i called the next day because im really impatient ! I called and he told me to go in to fill the paperwork to do a background check so i did he then advised i would start the online courses which is one on one with one of thier teams and advised it would be an actual class with other people (sweeeet) however now unfortunately i get a call a day before im supposed to go in to tell me the company is dealing with something promotional wise and i would have to wait a month to even get started so i kind of bummed out i dont know if this has ever happened to anybody if it has please tell me why? I freakin love tmobile and its a company i wouldnt want to miss out on!😭

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for tmobile?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told to go in for online courses.