T-Mobile Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T-Mobile Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Port Charlotte, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had an in store interview with 2 managers the store manager and one of the assistant managers. Online assessment which took about an hour to do. The assessment consisted of customer service questions, math questions and scenarios.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2013.

Interview

Complete a over the phone interview, will revive an email with further interview process. If selected you go through a Two weeks paid training, you spend the last few days doing hands on training

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Portsmouth, NH) in March 2012.

Interview

phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Rochester, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

When into the store asked if they were hiring. I was then told to apply online

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2009.

Interview

I started as a walk-in. I spoke with one of the Assistant Managers and built a lot of rapport with him, by discussing with him the various wireless routers, best ways to use them, etc. I then asked if they were hiring, and he recommended me to the Store Manager. I then needed to fill out a pre-interview application and skills test. I got called a week later and got an interview three days later.

The interview consisted of the Store Manager and an Assistant Manager. Started off with basic questions:
    "Tell me about yourself"
    "What responsibilities did you have at your last job?"
    "Tell me about a sales experience you've have the was difficult and you are proud of the outcome"
    "Tell me about a time you worked in a group and there was a conflict"

After this interview, I was directly moved to the background check stage, which took the longest by far. Their third party verifier couldn't verify my employment at another company and that added an extra couple days. Overall, this process took over a week.

After thje check was completed, I got a call a day later and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a sales experience where you needed to approach it from two or more angles   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked in a group and had a conflict with another member   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2009.

Interview

panel interview with local and regional recruiter. An very elaborate back ground check, in which documentation of proof of employment and school may be required (in my case it was). background check took about 2 weeks for myself with an online company called hireright located at hireright(dot)com. hireright was easy to deal with but the t-mobile recuiters were more anal about the background check and every little detail. just make sure you resume is as accurate as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Rochester, NY) in June 2008.

Interview

I walked in to the location and asked the store manager if they had any openings for Sales Representatives. After hearing that they did have an opening or two for people experienced in commission based cellular sales I handed him my resume and he told me to call later that day so we could chat. I called approximately 3-4 hours later to have a brief over the phone interview and to set up a 1 on 1 interview with the District Manager to see if I had qualified for a position with more pay at a Supervisor level. I interviewed and was presented with an offer I refused due to money.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the guy I spoke with before you who is asking for the same amount of money with 5 more years experience than you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2011.

Interview

The whole interview process only took about 20-30 min. We went to the back of the store and discussed my experience as a sales rep in my previous jobs. Initiative was key because I had no experience in commissioned sales. Over the interview process was positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate...even if I was fluent in another language.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2009.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks after I applied to get a call back. We talked on the phone and then set up an interview. It was a typical retail interview consisting of situational questions, and job skills. I was told I would be making a lot more then what I actually made.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a conflict with a former co worker?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was great! It consisted of a questionnaire then a phone interview followed by a 1:1 and then a background check. In all the process took less than a week to complete. The environment was professional yet relaxed. Some advice would be to know some facts about the company and to ask questions. Stay calm and be yourself.