T-Mobile Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.9

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Instructional Design Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Internal Candidate -- Still had to interview with 5 people: VP, Director, Manager, future colleagues. Was quite a process, but fairly easy questions. Really had to know WHY i applied for this position/what my goals were

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Overall, the process took 4 weeks. I applied online and about a week and half later the recruiter reached out to me. She asked several screening questions related to the role. She then set up the initial interview with the hiring manager. The call lasted about an hour. Afterwards, the recruiter set up the onsite interview with the hiring manager. During that interview I presented a sales pitch I had to create for the interview, went over the organization and role in detail, and presented a business process I worked on in the past (interview lasted a little over two hours). The recruiter then scheduled the last onsite interview with the two Directors I would be supporting- lasted about 1.5 hours. The day after the last interview I received the verbal offer.

Some of the questions were behavioral but most focused on my background, skill sets, and capabilities to perform the tasks for the role. Overall, great experience

Interview Questions

• How will you measure success in the role? How would you bring yourself up to speed?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was previously a T-Mobile intern, and since there was no available positions in my department to convert to full time, I applied for a position in a different department. The internship program was amazing, but I will say from my experience, the recruiters at T-Mobile are TERRIBLE. No one really responds to you, and you kind of have to harrass the recruiters in order to get a response. I was told that there was an open position for me in this department, so I contacted the recruiter and got scheduled for the first step in the interview which is the coding challenge. I got the coding challenge done, and it wasn't anything hard, pretty easy. There was 2 questions, one was explaining, and the other was a coding question. It was timed and I had to submit within 90 minutes. After I completed this, I waited about 2 weeks only to hear back from the recruiter that there is no position for me. This was very disappointing, and I am just so surprised that they are this unorganized for such a big company. I really wished they would have told me upfront that there is no position for me rather then me having to go through the process and wait on them only to find out there was no position to begin with.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to choose one data structure over another   1 Answer

T-Mobile Response

Nov 27, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your interview experience. While we hope to convert all of our interns to full-time, sometimes this is not possible. We're glad you had a great internship... More

Senior Analyst -Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied one month back on their website. First got a call from HR ,then one technical round ..i cleared it .Then they set up a meeting with 9 members for 3 hours ...The interview was more of generic rather than technical .They told i had an impressive resume as i did data science too.. The last round with VP didn't happen as he is unavailable. I was confident of the interview ,but got a call from HR that i did technically very well and down to earth person ,but they are not moving ahead because iam not a proper fit to this position..

I didn't understand why they wasted lot of time form both sides ...and also the interview was technically less challenging and other rounds are replica of the first round...

I was very unsatisfied after putting all efforts ,they didn't asked much technical stuff and taken the decision only from cultural fit perspective...

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

A hiring manager called me to see company fit. Since I applied to multiple positions, he had me apply for specific positions in his department. I applied to those positions, then emailed him my top 3 three choices. He recommended that we start with the Senior SDET position even though my experience aligned much better with a Senior Systems Analyst position. He said that if during the on-site interview that we both see a better fitting role, then we can move in that direction at that time.

A recruiting coordinator scheduled a one-hour on-site panel interview consisting of 3 managers from the department. She called me during work hours. The recruiting industry standard is to email the candidate because it is the easiest form of communication and because people don’t usually answer their phones when they are at work. She asked if I was available the very next day. Usually people’s calendars aren’t wide open on such short notice. I suggested a later day in the week. Within the day, she emailed me an interview confirmation message.

I arrived 30 minutes early as suggested by the email due to limited parking. Parking was available immediately. The hiring manager showed up 15 minutes late because the front desk never notified him of my arrival. He showed up with another manager who stopped awkwardly at the front desk to get some free candy.

When we arrived at the interview room, there were 2 other managers sitting at the table with their computers. The hiring manager introduced us all and said that because he already talked to me over the phone, he will let the 3 managers in the room interview me. The hiring manager left the room and that was when everything went downhill.

In general, all 3 interviewers were reserved and cold, not personable or welcoming. They asked me extremely technical questions right from the beginning. As stated earlier, I do not have the work experience required for a Senior SDET position, much less a regular SDET position, but the hiring manager really strongly believed that I did, so that’s why we were doing this interview. The 1st interviewer (the manager that walked in with the hiring manager at the beginning) was extremely rude and unprofessional. He was staring at his phone and texting the entire time I was answering questions, even his questions. The only time he wasn’t on his phone was when he was physically speaking his questions to me. Then he left the room for the remainder of the interview. He spent maybe 10 minutes in the room total before he disappeared awkwardly and promptly.

The 2nd second interviewer was the least reserved and cold, and I could see that she made an effort to communicate effectively with me. She asked me to draw some conceptual diagrams of projects I’ve led in the past. A few things she had me draw seemed really repetitive, e.g., one project I led replaced only one part of the entire ecosystem, but she had me draw the before and after state even though only one part changed. She also asked me if I had extensive business knowledge of all the business processes that went on outside of the technical solution, which was honestly no because I was part of the technical development team, not the business team. She also repeatedly asked if all of these projects that I described and drew for her were the most complex projects I’ve ever had, and if there were any other more complicated projects that I might have been involved with. She was strongly implying that my projects were super basic and not complex enough for her, her team, or the department in general.

The 3rd interviewer was equally reserved and cold as the awkward unprofessional interviewer who stared at his phone the entire time and left the room after 10 minutes. This 3rd interviewer asked me if I knew anything about various testing theories, to which I replied no because I only led one project as both a systems analyst and testing analyst. I had no formal education in my undergraduate classes about various testing theories. He then asked me why did I even apply for this position if I have no interest in testing. That was an extremely loaded question, to which I answered that when I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone, he recommended that we start with this position and move on to another position as we see fit.

Overall, it wasn’t the hiring manager’s fault that the interviewers were not properly trained to communicate with other people outside their comfort zones, much less interview and represent the company to potential candidates. However, it was the hiring manager’s fault for recommending to start interviewing me for this position. And it was his fault for not making sure that the interviewers had enough background knowledge of me by reading through my resume at least once. This was an extremely negative interview experience that I had with this team and with this company, and I doubt that I will ever apply or respond to a job opportunity here again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you even applying to this position if you don't have the skills required to do the job?   Answer Question
    • Please draw a concept map of one of your projects.   Answer Question
    • Do you know any testing theories?   Answer Question

T-Mobile Response

Nov 16, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

Thank you for your candid feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Please know that this is not typical for our interviews. We hope that you'll consider T-Mobile for future... More

Immovation Stratetgy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone screen then call. Was discovered via LinkedIn by a recruiter. The group is new and growing. Great to hear of the excitement on the team. Know if you're applying to a forward looking team or status quo group.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR in less than 48 hours after I applied online.
    1. Phone interview with HR
    - A 30-min interview. Asked about my background and current salary. Resume walk-through.
    2. On-site interview with hiring managers and team members
    - In 1.5 hours I spoke with 4 different people. Each session with 2 interviewers.
    -Asked about my background, why I applied for this job, info sharing about the position, team dynamics, work cycles, culture of the team and TMO..

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

1 phone screen, 5 in loop + 2 post loop. They already had an internal candidate lined up by the time of the loop. The last two rounds were meant to eliminate me. Kinda seemed predefined by then.

Interview Questions

• Interview was simple and based on resume. I asked some tough follow up questions, must not have been appreciated.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Worst process ever, interviews were unstructured and all over the map which felt un-natural and archaic. I still don't think anyone has a firm grasp on my skillset as all we did was walk through hypothetical scenarios and reviewed my resume. It's the lack of investment in the candidate experience that bothers me if they don't even give the front line teams the tools to interview and engage with engineers, do you really think they will invest in giving you the tools you need in your role? This company reeks of bad processes and lack of clarity about innovation.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a program to increase battery life?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online at T-Mobile.com/careers and got an email back around a month later. The initial process was slow to get a call, but once I got a call the next steps moved very quickly and smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an incorrect formatting issue on a website?   Answer Question