T-Mobile Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Mooresville, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called and explained the position, the company benefits and other HR staff for the interview/hiring process. Tee set up a round 1 interview with hiring manager. After that, I could expect one more phone and then in person interview if selected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Process started with application submission through their website. Called within a week for phone screen with sr recruiter. About half an hour on the phone going over my qualifications. Scheduled for phone screen with Hiring Manager. Again, about half an hour.

That went well so interviewed 3 members of the team including hiring manager back to back, not panel style. I thought the interview went well and there were few, if any, typical interview type questions, felt more like a conversation. I have a hunch they have their mind made up after the phone screen+resume and the in person interview is just a chance to see if you fit in.

Was called back about a week later and told that some with more experience was selected. Overall, however, a positive experience. They were extremely organized and professional throughout the process. I would not hesitate to apply again.

Interview Questions

• How would you integrate the service hardware and decisioning hardware?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

Interview

Meeting scheduled with Director - all done over the phone.
    During the interview, director was appeared distracted - multi-tasking after question was answered, give the impression that the response was not up to her standards.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario based questions - majority of the questions they were looking for a STAR response.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2014.

Interview

My interview changed on the day of the interview to include 2 instead of 4 panel interviewers. None of my interviewers were hiring managers. There were four jobs available, but the job descriptions for the open positions were generic rather than specific. I did not know which jobs, if any, were actually available. I was left with the impression that the jobs might not have been available, especially since the hiring managers were both called away unexpectedly the day before my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Dallas, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Hardly a process, more akin to an ordeal. Could easily be compared to King Arthur's quest for the Holy Grail a la Monty Python. Along the way there were purges of employees (bring out your dead) political battles with other biz units (it's only a flesh wound) pointless travel (coconuts) pointless posturing (you must bring me a shrubbery) interviews with self-serving, empire-building, rambling junior executives (they said i was daft to build a castle in the swamp, but I built it just the same). The echo chamber will be the end of innovation and I won't she'd any tears when it does.

Interview Questions

• What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Very quick process, and waiting time was minimal which is great when going thru the process.
    Recruiter reached out initially, then Dept Mgr, then future peer group conducted final interview, decision made
    Decided on start date, which was flexible, and signed offer letter

Interview Questions

• Some of the peer interviewers were not experienced in interviewing and struggled when asking some questions which made it difficult to follow.   Answer Question

Negotiation

offer came in and I asked recruiter to go back and request more based on my experience and tenure at the level I was being considered for. Recruiter came back with approval.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

Initially received a call from a recruiter. He asked several questions regarding my current position and why I thought T-Mobile was the right place for me. He also questioned my desire to move to the NorthWest. He later set up an initial phone interview with a manager. After that went well, I was asked to fly out to Seattle to interview in person. The interviewing process went very well. I met with several project managers, senior managers, directors, and the VP of the organization in a panel interview. I was pleased with how they conducted themselves and the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were regarding the project management methodologies I had worked with prior. There were also questions on the PMBOK and how I have best used KPIs in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pleasant. The VP was able to explain to me what she could and could not do for me as a new employee. She allowed time for me to digest her offer and after reviewing it against one other offer I accepted hers.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of situational and behavioral questions..."how did you handle a situation when..." Interviewed by other Sr Manager's, Director's and the VP. Also asked many technical questions regarding to that role. The teams were very focused on their values, team together, recognition and developing leaders.

Interview Questions

• Technical question and was asked to whiteboard the solution   Answer Question