T-Mobile Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

General Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

After taking an assessment, I was called to an interview about a week later. I met with two coaches (3rd from entry level rep) and was asked the normal interview questions.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Memphis, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was straightforward but could have been better they had me video chatting with District Managers and other supervisors was not to hard but could have been much better. it was time consuming waiting on the interview but above all else it was not to hard to handle.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Basic questions, heavily based on sales experience, no clear answers to questions that I asked. The interview was friendly, but very distracted. They did not go over the benefits package, were not able to clarify that information when I asked. She was unable to tell me the current metric expectations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would add a new feature for s customer, whether or not you have seen it's something historically they need.   1 Answer

T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Memphis, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

I recently went to a T Mobile interview and it was very interesting. The first interview was held at a hotel with 2 store managers, the DM, and the region manager. It was a group interview and the managers had icebreakers for the interviewees to do. Got a call 3 days later for another interview with 2 store managers and the DM. The second interview was focused on sales. They say they will call back for a third interview and that will be at the specific store that I will be working in the near future.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then a interview with two store managers and district manager. Situational style interviews. Very laid back, managers were honest and informative of expectations.

The store I interviewed at wasn't too busy, at the time. Reps were on cell phones and playing music from a speaker t-mobile offers.

Customdr Service Represantive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

It took two weeks to get hired first the testing was very long and not enough timing took too long for the company to respond let me shadow a on the floor rep.

Interview Questions

• Describe a role where you experienced issues with a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application and filling out their questionnaire, I immediately received an email to complete a secondary application that wanted more details. The next day I got an email asking me to complete a video interview, which was an on-demand video interview where I was required to record myself answering various STAR type questions as well as some basic questions about myself. A few hours after I submitted my video interview I was called to schedule a face-to-face interview. The questions asked at the in-person interview were easier to me than the ones in the video interview (still mostly STAR questions) - except the one in person also involved a mock call where I was the representative and my interviewer (after leaving the room and being gone for 10 minutes) called and played the customer who was canceling service. I managed to not get her to cancel outright but to switch to a different service. 2 days later I got a call to complete a background check and to go in for "a day in the life" the following week (which is like a job shadowing experience).

Interview Questions

• In the video interview: Give an example from any job where a customer had a complaint. What did you do to resolve it and/or make it a good experience for the customer?   Answer Question
    • The in-person interview: Tell me about a time your work was very stressful to you (they want details)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was your basic interview where you're asked questions about how you handle current situations and what was the out come. They said somebody would contact me within a week and I didn't hear back from anyone and couldn't reach the recutier.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Application, assessment, video interview done over computer, in person interview, day in the life, background check, acceptance or denial. It was a long and drawn out two month process. Didn't know what was going on half the time. Finally got a response as I was ready to give up

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Submitted app online with employee reference. Was originally denied but showed up for a hiring event and spoke with a recruiter. Was asked to come back for the "day in the life" experience. Got a call about two weeks later for an interview. The interview was simple. Basic questions about why T-mobile and why I'm a good fit for the position. A few questions about my greatest strengths and weaknesses. How I've dealt with angry customers, messed up at a job, applied feedback from a supervisor, company policy I didn't agree with, etc. They really just want to know that you can admit when you've made a mistake, but also were able to correct it and move forward without it hindering your performance overall. Be thorough with your answers. They like details, but don't be wordy. Don't just ramble. It's also a reflection of your communication skills. Also included a brief role play: you're given a sheet of info that tells you everything you need to know about the situation. The interviewer leaves the room and calls a phone inside the room and plays the customer. For mine the customer wanted to cancel their service and had to offer a service that would be a better fit to keep them from canceling. Everything is on the sheet they give you so you don't really even have to think about it. You just need a friendly and professional tone. Sound confident and you're in.

Negotiation

No negotiating. They make an offer based on experience and education. Average starting pay is between $11-$13 hr.