T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

2.9

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Worst process ever, interviews were unstructured and all over the map which felt un-natural and archaic. I still don't think anyone has a firm grasp on my skillset as all we did was walk through hypothetical scenarios and reviewed my resume. It's the lack of investment in the candidate experience that bothers me if they don't even give the front line teams the tools to interview and engage with engineers, do you really think they will invest in giving you the tools you need in your role? This company reeks of bad processes and lack of clarity about innovation.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a program to increase battery life?   1 Answer

Senior Segment Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Generally, the interview process is straight forward. But after you interview it takes way too long to receive an offer (or rejection). A phone screen or two to begin, then several interviews on site. For me, it was 7 interviews in 1 day.

Interview Questions

• How does a company calculate profit?   1 Answer

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The Interview journey at T-Mobile is probably the most unnecessary process I've ever participated in. From too many people (5) interviewing (including different departments)/ making hiring decisions to the textbook questions that gave no indication of the job or the work environment. In addition, the hiring manager wasn't engaged in the interview and even pawning the phone interview off on a "team lead" from a different department. I can now see I dodged an "I hate my job" situation!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Consumer Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend in marketing and spoke with the hiring manager a few days later. After that conversation went well, I had a quick HR screen and then final round interviews with several members of the team.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with factor analysis and cluster analysis?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process took an incredible 3.5 months....not sure if they hire any one at that pace, I had 4 other offers within 2 weeks.

First Interview 20-30 min with recruiter who was not technical at all
    2nd interview 2 weeks later: Hiring manager but still very casual, no coding involved
    3rd interview: Hiring manager who asked general technical questions but still did not dig very deep into my abilities, or if they were a fit for the role.
    4th interview: At this point it was clear from the hiring process that this is not a company that values innovation as they asked me to do a whiteboard coding problem which was the final straw for me. I ended up getting an offer but declined as the overall experience was not what you come to expect from a leading technology company.

Associate Engineer, Systems Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had several rounds to meet all of the management: 3 Principal Engineers, Sr. Manager, Director, VP of Data Network etc. Each interview went from 30-60 minutes. Had to take a half-day from my job. I was met in the lobby and escorted to each of the offices. Very pleasant experience - felt take care of. Overall, interviewers were nice and considerate - I wasn't just another number going through the system. I could really tell they all loved working for T-Mobile and emphasized the growth opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions - explain resume/projects/past work experience, background, how do you handle high stress environments, etc.
      Technical question: reverse a string using most comfortable language   Answer Question

TechX Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed via an invitation only event held for graduating students of technology BS/BA/BAS degrees. The event was held more as a mixer where food and mingling kicked off the event. After the social period was finished, the room was divided into 2 sections. On one side were those interested in the summer and TechX internships, and the other had TechX Associate applicants. Theme switched to a speed dating-like theme where you found an open chair in front of a hiring manager or department you met during socialization. We were given 10 minutes per round and was asked to sit out every other round because of department-to-applicant ratios.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly based upon current education, goals and any accomplishments we wanted to share.   1 Answer

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company site and got a call from a recruiter the next week to set up a panel phone interview with the hiring manager and three senior engineers on the team. The phone interview went well and I was then selected for the final interview stage which was to be held on site at the Bellevue location.

This next stage comprised of a Skype/In-person interview with four senior and principal engineers on the team and another interview with three managers right after. I was in Texas on a project for my current job however and couldn't fly in so I interviewed at the Frisco office where two of the engineers on the team were based. I struggled to get the time off the project to go do the interview. I met with the engineers on time as scheduled but was told there was an emergency that came up and the managers couldn't make it to the interview.

Here's where things went south. They rescheduled to the next day. Again, I struggled to set time aside for the Skype interview and got stood up. None of the managers showed up for the call. Two hours after our scheduled meeting I received a response from one of the administrative assistants saying they want to reschedule to the next week, NO APOLOGY. I reluctantly accepted seeing that I already gave up a lot of time for this, I thought I might as well see it through. The managers showed up late to the next call and didn't even offer an apology or explanation for their discourtesy the previous week. They ignored me and just had a conversation with themselves for the first ten minutes of the call. Mind you, I'm still traveling on a project for my current employer so my time is still very tight. I was told I would be contacted in three days to know whether I was selected or not, which I needed because I was fielding another offer from a separate company. They never got back to me. Fortunately, I had enough and accepted the other offer. I think I'll be better with Amazon anyway so no loss.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions on past work experiences. Some technical questions on routing, scripting, general network engineering principles, and IP stack.   Answer Question

T-Mobile Response

Apr 24, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and on behalf of our recruiting team apologize for the hardship and frustration caused. This is definitely not typical for our interview process. We... More

Senior Marketing Automation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn and we talked via telephone for about 20 minutes. She scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager for the week after. I spoke with the hiring manager for about 25 minutes and he mostly sold me on the role. They then wanted to bring me in for an on-site, and that was scheduled for about 2 weeks out. I went in for an on-site and met with 3 people. It was fairly unorganized since the person I was supposed to meet first didn't come meet me on time and then we ran over late with other interviews. After the last interview with the hiring manager, he said that he wanted to have me meet more people on another day. Haven't heard back from them since! It's been about 2 months since the recruiter first reached out and 1 month since I met folks in person. Now I'm just curious to see how long it'll be if/when they ever reject me!

Customer Service Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellingham, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very involved process. Expect to upload a cover letter, resume, input all of that same info into another form, take an hour long assessment then a secondary questionnaire, phone or virtual interview and then a final interview with a tour, 30min phone call you listen into, call roleplay and standard interview at the end. Then a detailed credit history, employment and education background check. Don't apply to this job casually, it's a lot of work if you're not really interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame an obstacle. What was the obstacle and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer