T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

2.8

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analyst -Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied one month back on their website. First got a call from HR ,then one technical round ..i cleared it .Then they set up a meeting with 9 members for 3 hours ...The interview was more of generic rather than technical .They told i had an impressive resume as i did data science too.. The last round with VP didn't happen as he is unavailable. I was confident of the interview ,but got a call from HR that i did technically very well and down to earth person ,but they are not moving ahead because iam not a proper fit to this position..

I didn't understand why they wasted lot of time form both sides ...and also the interview was technically less challenging and other rounds are replica of the first round...

I was very unsatisfied after putting all efforts ,they didn't asked much technical stuff and taken the decision only from cultural fit perspective...

Immovation Stratetgy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone screen then call. Was discovered via LinkedIn by a recruiter. The group is new and growing. Great to hear of the excitement on the team. Know if you're applying to a forward looking team or status quo group.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellingham, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was very informing and really fun to g o in and see what the call center and the business was all about. Basically told me I was signed up for training and everything, then got an email later saying that they would not be going further with the hiring process with me. I called to ask why, and the interviewer said it was because I had to work on my competencies,which was a huge slap in the face

Interview Questions

• Name a time at your current job where you had a problem and how you solved it   Answer Question

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

The Interview journey at T-Mobile is probably the most unnecessary process I've ever participated in. From too many people (5) interviewing (including different departments)/ making hiring decisions to the textbook questions that gave no indication of the job or the work environment. In addition, the hiring manager wasn't engaged in the interview and even pawning the phone interview off on a "team lead" from a different department. I can now see I dodged an "I hate my job" situation!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Legal Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was going well after meeting with the hiring manager and then his manager and then 4 months of no word. Each month I would check in with HR and she would respond but never had an update. It's not her fault. Apparently the legal department is known for its slow moving decision making that I was even warned it would be slow but 4 months slow? How do they expect to hire someone if they take that long to make a decision? People aren't just applying at one company. If they get another offer before hearing back from T-Mobile, they are going to take that offer and T-Mobile loses out on that candidate because of their slowness. Really disappointed experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard legal operations questions Don't remember anymore since it's been 4 months.   Answer Question

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company site and got a call from a recruiter the next week to set up a panel phone interview with the hiring manager and three senior engineers on the team. The phone interview went well and I was then selected for the final interview stage which was to be held on site at the Bellevue location.

This next stage comprised of a Skype/In-person interview with four senior and principal engineers on the team and another interview with three managers right after. I was in Texas on a project for my current job however and couldn't fly in so I interviewed at the Frisco office where two of the engineers on the team were based. I struggled to get the time off the project to go do the interview. I met with the engineers on time as scheduled but was told there was an emergency that came up and the managers couldn't make it to the interview.

Here's where things went south. They rescheduled to the next day. Again, I struggled to set time aside for the Skype interview and got stood up. None of the managers showed up for the call. Two hours after our scheduled meeting I received a response from one of the administrative assistants saying they want to reschedule to the next week, NO APOLOGY. I reluctantly accepted seeing that I already gave up a lot of time for this, I thought I might as well see it through. The managers showed up late to the next call and didn't even offer an apology or explanation for their discourtesy the previous week. They ignored me and just had a conversation with themselves for the first ten minutes of the call. Mind you, I'm still traveling on a project for my current employer so my time is still very tight. I was told I would be contacted in three days to know whether I was selected or not, which I needed because I was fielding another offer from a separate company. They never got back to me. Fortunately, I had enough and accepted the other offer. I think I'll be better with Amazon anyway so no loss.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions on past work experiences. Some technical questions on routing, scripting, general network engineering principles, and IP stack.   Answer Question

T-Mobile Response

Apr 24, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and on behalf of our recruiting team apologize for the hardship and frustration caused. This is definitely not typical for our interview process. We... More

Senior Marketing Automation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn and we talked via telephone for about 20 minutes. She scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager for the week after. I spoke with the hiring manager for about 25 minutes and he mostly sold me on the role. They then wanted to bring me in for an on-site, and that was scheduled for about 2 weeks out. I went in for an on-site and met with 3 people. It was fairly unorganized since the person I was supposed to meet first didn't come meet me on time and then we ran over late with other interviews. After the last interview with the hiring manager, he said that he wanted to have me meet more people on another day. Haven't heard back from them since! It's been about 2 months since the recruiter first reached out and 1 month since I met folks in person. Now I'm just curious to see how long it'll be if/when they ever reject me!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire process took three months and it was long and drawn out - for no apparent reason.

HR set up an interview with me two days after I applied.

Step 1 - phone interview with an internal recruiter within a week of applying. The recruiter was very nice and this call lasted around 45 minutes.

Step 2 - phone interview with the hiring manager. This was a disaster. The manager started by saying - i know we were scheduled for 45 minutes but I have another call so I'm going to cut it short by 15 minutes. She spoke for roughly 25 of those 30 minutes she gave me. The other 5 minutes were spread out throughout those 30 minutes and she kept interrupting me. No way for her to know if I could be a good fit.

*one month waiting game*

Step 3: 7 in person interviews at the headquarters. At this point, it had been 6 weeks since I had applied. The offices in Factoria/Bellevue are really ugly and very dated. I was surprised the second I walked in because there was no where for me to sit and wait for the first interviewer. Their work space was even worse, the cubes are old and people are piled on top of each other. Everyone also complains about the parking - there isn't enough to accommodate their staff.

*6 week waiting game*

After those steps, the recruiter said they hadn't interviewed anyone else but had one person coming in. Then I got an email saying they were pursuing the other candidates. The candidates that don't exist?

The process was brutal due to the waiting games and no real information shared with me throughout those 3 months.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

In a word "LONG". The process ran over three months, which I understand is becoming the norm for companies who 1) lack strong leadership, 2) hiring manager lack experience, 3) there is an inordinate number of micromanagers (see #1).

Interview Questions

• The interview process was exhausting. In total, I had 7 interviews, presented a 30/60/90 plan, did a competitive analysis and presented a solution to a digital content flow challange.   1 Answer

T-Mobile Response

Aug 9, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

We appreciate your feedback and sharing your experience with us—even though it was hard to hear, feedback like this helps our interview teams improve and provide an even better candidate experience... More

Senior Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Factoria, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Factoria, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you for an initial interview, if you pass then you will move onto an interview with the hiring manager. If you pass this, then you'll be invited for a full panel interview.

However, be prepared for the recruiter to troll your LinkedIn profile and make up a fake recommendation. I reached out to my old manager whom the recruiter said recommended me and she had no idea who the recruiter was nor did she recommend me for the role. Totally shady practice.

Also, the recruiting coordinator scheduled and confirmed my interview 2 hours before my interview was supposed to start, with instructions to show up 1 hour prior due to limited parking. Due to a variety of red flags, like the above, I pulled out of the application process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?   1 Answer