T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

2.8

196 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Web Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Serious of questions regarding my past experience. The interviewer had a very condescending tone. He was not impressed by what I was saying and sounded totally uninterested in what I had to say. He said the job was half a level above a data entry role yet made me feel like I was not qualified even for a data entry position at T-Mobile.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult client? The client you will be working with will be way worse than your the most difficult client of your life.   Answer Question

Customer Service Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

phone interview. background check. Interview with department director, 2 supervisors, and trainers. Questions were from a form, a couple tests were given, and a Q&A portion for interviewee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's difficult to find the right fit for this job. Unless you are made for this position and a rock star, i think negotiating would seem pointless on their part. The replacement rate for this role is high. They are very picky, they have to be very picky, for this role. It is not a job just anyone could do. If you take the job, be very sure you can do it. Have prior experience as a stellar CSR at t-mobile, along with high analytical aptitude. Then you have a chance at negotiating. Otherwise, you're probably not even going to get the job due to requirements of mastery of systems and "tribal knowledge".

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

A hiring manager called me to see company fit. Since I applied to multiple positions, he had me apply for specific positions in his department. I applied to those positions, then emailed him my top 3 three choices. He recommended that we start with the Senior SDET position even though my experience aligned much better with a Senior Systems Analyst position. He said that if during the on-site interview that we both see a better fitting role, then we can move in that direction at that time.

A recruiting coordinator scheduled a one-hour on-site panel interview consisting of 3 managers from the department. She called me during work hours. The recruiting industry standard is to email the candidate because it is the easiest form of communication and because people don’t usually answer their phones when they are at work. She asked if I was available the very next day. Usually people’s calendars aren’t wide open on such short notice. I suggested a later day in the week. Within the day, she emailed me an interview confirmation message.

I arrived 30 minutes early as suggested by the email due to limited parking. Parking was available immediately. The hiring manager showed up 15 minutes late because the front desk never notified him of my arrival. He showed up with another manager who stopped awkwardly at the front desk to get some free candy.

When we arrived at the interview room, there were 2 other managers sitting at the table with their computers. The hiring manager introduced us all and said that because he already talked to me over the phone, he will let the 3 managers in the room interview me. The hiring manager left the room and that was when everything went downhill.

In general, all 3 interviewers were reserved and cold, not personable or welcoming. They asked me extremely technical questions right from the beginning. As stated earlier, I do not have the work experience required for a Senior SDET position, much less a regular SDET position, but the hiring manager really strongly believed that I did, so that’s why we were doing this interview. The 1st interviewer (the manager that walked in with the hiring manager at the beginning) was extremely rude and unprofessional. He was staring at his phone and texting the entire time I was answering questions, even his questions. The only time he wasn’t on his phone was when he was physically speaking his questions to me. Then he left the room for the remainder of the interview. He spent maybe 10 minutes in the room total before he disappeared awkwardly and promptly.

The 2nd second interviewer was the least reserved and cold, and I could see that she made an effort to communicate effectively with me. She asked me to draw some conceptual diagrams of projects I’ve led in the past. A few things she had me draw seemed really repetitive, e.g., one project I led replaced only one part of the entire ecosystem, but she had me draw the before and after state even though only one part changed. She also asked me if I had extensive business knowledge of all the business processes that went on outside of the technical solution, which was honestly no because I was part of the technical development team, not the business team. She also repeatedly asked if all of these projects that I described and drew for her were the most complex projects I’ve ever had, and if there were any other more complicated projects that I might have been involved with. She was strongly implying that my projects were super basic and not complex enough for her, her team, or the department in general.

The 3rd interviewer was equally reserved and cold as the awkward unprofessional interviewer who stared at his phone the entire time and left the room after 10 minutes. This 3rd interviewer asked me if I knew anything about various testing theories, to which I replied no because I only led one project as both a systems analyst and testing analyst. I had no formal education in my undergraduate classes about various testing theories. He then asked me why did I even apply for this position if I have no interest in testing. That was an extremely loaded question, to which I answered that when I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone, he recommended that we start with this position and move on to another position as we see fit.

Overall, it wasn’t the hiring manager’s fault that the interviewers were not properly trained to communicate with other people outside their comfort zones, much less interview and represent the company to potential candidates. However, it was the hiring manager’s fault for recommending to start interviewing me for this position. And it was his fault for not making sure that the interviewers had enough background knowledge of me by reading through my resume at least once. This was an extremely negative interview experience that I had with this team and with this company, and I doubt that I will ever apply or respond to a job opportunity here again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you even applying to this position if you don't have the skills required to do the job?   Answer Question
    • Please draw a concept map of one of your projects.   Answer Question
    • Do you know any testing theories?   Answer Question

T-Mobile Response

Nov 16, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

Thank you for your candid feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Please know that this is not typical for our interviews. We hope that you'll consider T-Mobile for future... More

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

In a word "LONG". The process ran over three months, which I understand is becoming the norm for companies who 1) lack strong leadership, 2) hiring manager lack experience, 3) there is an inordinate number of micromanagers (see #1).

Interview Questions

• The interview process was exhausting. In total, I had 7 interviews, presented a 30/60/90 plan, did a competitive analysis and presented a solution to a digital content flow challange.   1 Answer

T-Mobile Response

Aug 9, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

We appreciate your feedback and sharing your experience with us—even though it was hard to hear, feedback like this helps our interview teams improve and provide an even better candidate experience... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Worst process ever, interviews were unstructured and all over the map which felt un-natural and archaic. I still don't think anyone has a firm grasp on my skillset as all we did was walk through hypothetical scenarios and reviewed my resume. It's the lack of investment in the candidate experience that bothers me if they don't even give the front line teams the tools to interview and engage with engineers, do you really think they will invest in giving you the tools you need in your role? This company reeks of bad processes and lack of clarity about innovation.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a program to increase battery life?   1 Answer

Senior Segment Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Generally, the interview process is straight forward. But after you interview it takes way too long to receive an offer (or rejection). A phone screen or two to begin, then several interviews on site. For me, it was 7 interviews in 1 day.

Interview Questions

• How does a company calculate profit?   1 Answer

Customer Service Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellingham, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very involved process. Expect to upload a cover letter, resume, input all of that same info into another form, take an hour long assessment then a secondary questionnaire, phone or virtual interview and then a final interview with a tour, 30min phone call you listen into, call roleplay and standard interview at the end. Then a detailed credit history, employment and education background check. Don't apply to this job casually, it's a lot of work if you're not really interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame an obstacle. What was the obstacle and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I have onsite interviews for the whole day. Many questions are like brain teasers, but interviews will combine the question with their practical business. You need to be patient and give a logical solution for their questions. You can ask for a short break after every interview.

The first thing you need to do is to review the job description again and again, and then you have a basic understanding of what they are doing. Actually, there is no specific skill checking in the interview,.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Great way of conducting interviews they where two rounds of interview and covered all the topics
    first it was phone interview later it was skype interview covering all major topics of hadoop and data warehouse topics

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

A couple of phone calls consisting of a technical and one behavioral round. The phone interviews were through and the managers seem to be really nice. They will make you feel comfortable before they start the process

Interview Questions

• Asked behavioral questions regarding the profile and resume   Answer Question